R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree4Likes

Old 01-30-2013, 07:19 PM   #241
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridley View Post
Bind, resistance, whatever.....it's not a good thing to have in the driveline, and the explanation was a complete fabrication.

The tekno, for example, seems to be able to overcome the enormous engineering feat of having stick packs and a straight driveline

Those pins should never cause DNF's? LMAO. I've seen dozens as they rocket through the plastic without warning. The truck won championships...yipppeeeee. Nobody said the first one sucked, just unfortunate to see Losi leave proven shortcomings with the new truck. You sure are in full blown Fanboy mode tonight 8ight-e!!
i had a few DNF's because of that and i've saved at least two others (where i could see the pins had dimpled the plastic sleeve. i even shot a pin through a kingheadz aluminum retainer sleeve (which kingheadz sent me a replacement for).
RC*PHREAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:40 PM   #242
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I don't understand all the talk about Tekno trucks on a Losi post. If the Tekno is so much better then why are they hanging around here??

Losi upgraded all the little things to save people in the long run. If you have already upgraded everything then keep what you have.
potatobed409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:37 PM   #243
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

This new truck looks so sick and without driving it, I can only say so much but it looks like losi has addressed most of our complaints with the 1.0 so I have to imagine this truck will be a blast to drive. My brother also has the 1.0 and first thing this morning, I called him and told him we have to upgrade lol. I've actually been thinking about getting a 22sct because I'd like to give 2wd sc a try. It just seems like its more of a driver's class and the racing is a littler cleaner (usually). Buy the new scte would save me money because I wouldn't have to buy any electronics but with the 22sct, I'll be dropping at least a grand. Money aside, I'm just not sure which one to go for. I need to also keep into consideration the sc racing I will be doing outdoors this summer. I'm not sure which truck would be better suited for that.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:44 PM   #244
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

1 week after I pump $200 in my scte for the BCE and other options. Damnit!!!
JourneyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:50 PM   #245
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rifraf Send a message via Skype™ to rifraf

Quote:
Originally Posted by JourneyMan View Post
1 week after I pump $200 in my scte for the BCE and other options. Damnit!!!
You should have bought a MIP kit with that $200.......................jusy saying..
rifraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:14 PM   #246
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifraf View Post
You should have bought a MIP kit with that $200.......................jusy saying..
If you went with MIP you would not be as dissapointed. , I ran bce, now MIP. Ill slowly convert into the tlr version I think. Ill do the towers first, then all the other parts in one shot. I may even preorder it all
Old 01-30-2013, 09:17 PM   #247
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockthecatbox21 View Post
Still the scte 2.0 is the truck losi should have had 2 years ago. Would have much rather bought this last year, than the 1.0 roller.
This is just idiotic. Cars change and get better with technology and experience.

Some racers just like to whine.........constantly. The gotta have it now, gotta have it cheap and gotta have it perfect crowd is never satisfied with anything.........for very long.
Associated FT T4.2
blade329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:25 PM   #248
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridley View Post
Bind, resistance, whatever.....it's not a good thing to have in the driveline, and the explanation was a complete fabrication.

The tekno, for example, seems to be able to overcome the enormous engineering feat of having stick packs and a straight driveline

Those pins should never cause DNF's? LMAO. I've seen dozens as they rocket through the plastic without warning. The truck won championships...yipppeeeee. Nobody said the first one sucked, just unfortunate to see Losi leave proven shortcomings with the new truck. You sure are in full blown Fanboy mode tonight 8ight-e!!
What's the point of these dumb jabs? Tekno obviously has the world's first perfect truck, so why don't you go over to that thread and beat your chest over there. This, "...Nyah nyah, my truck is better engineered than yours..." is really silly.
Associated FT T4.2
blade329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:31 PM   #249
Tech Adept

Will they be coming out with an SCTE 2.0 SCREW KIT. Is what I meant in my earlier post... The tini screw kit available now does not accommodate all the new features on the truck. anyone? lol
Old 01-30-2013, 09:35 PM   #250
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade329 View Post
What's the point of these dumb jabs? Tekno obviously has the world's first perfect truck, so why don't you go over to that thread and beat your chest over there. This, "...Nyah nyah, my truck is better engineered than yours..." is really silly.
1) Ridley doesn't have a tekno truck, so you lost credibility there
2) These "dumb jabs" are proven issues with the truck that losi has attempted to address with updated parts (the front driveshaft pin shooting out was addressed by adding a flat spot to the pin and a set screw in the coupler. mixed success with this fix.)
3) He didn't say this isn't a good truck. He is a losi customer that is a little disappointed that some things weren't addressed with the 2.0.

overall, i think this truck is a nice step forward. i loved my SCTE for the time i had it. ultimately i fell victim to the "perfect setup syndrome" and the truck was running like crap and at that point, the trucks design flaws became an annoyance (leaky diffs, on my 5th or 6th front center driveshaft, etc.). i didn't race 4x4SC for a while because of it even though it's always been my favorite class. ultimately, i wanted to get back into the class, but wanted something different. with no official word from losi on a 2.0, i was forced to look at what else was out there. honestly i don't know if i would have chosen the 2.0 had i known that it was coming out and what it was, but it would have at least made my decision harder.

i think we're getting into the realm of "can't go wrong with either". i think they'll both be great trucks.
RC*PHREAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:35 PM   #251
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

So what's everyone keeping from their old truck?

I'll be reusing:
- Lunsford TI turnbuckles
- aluminum rear hubs
- aluminum rear diff supports
- RPM rear bumper mount

Keeping for spares:
- full option shocks
- sway bar kit
- spring kit
- arms and other plastic bits

It looks like everything that's worn on my truck - gears, drives and axles will get tossed.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:40 PM   #252
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by hacker07 View Post
Here is a video Gary Katzer and I put together in case you are bored and I am sorry you have to look at my ugly face but its how it goes, haha...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGvbkc3srho&safe=active
I thought Gary had more hair! I don't have much more!
Spektrum servos & receivers
MRANTITRAXXAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:51 PM   #253
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK View Post
1) Ridley doesn't have a tekno truck, so you lost credibility there
2) These "dumb jabs" are proven issues with the truck that losi has attempted to address with updated parts (the front driveshaft pin shooting out was addressed by adding a flat spot to the pin and a set screw in the coupler. mixed success with this fix.)
3) He didn't say this isn't a good truck. He is a losi customer that is a little disappointed that some things weren't addressed with the 2.0.

overall, i think this truck is a nice step forward. i loved my SCTE for the time i had it. ultimately i fell victim to the "perfect setup syndrome" and the truck was running like crap and at that point, the trucks design flaws became an annoyance (leaky diffs, on my 5th or 6th front center driveshaft, etc.). i didn't race 4x4SC for a while because of it even though it's always been my favorite class. ultimately, i wanted to get back into the class, but wanted something different. with no official word from losi on a 2.0, i was forced to look at what else was out there. honestly i don't know if i would have chosen the 2.0 had i known that it was coming out and what it was, but it would have at least made my decision harder.

i think we're getting into the realm of "can't go wrong with either". i think they'll both be great trucks.
Thanks!!

And your experience with the class wearing on you is EXACTLY the same as mine. Super fun class, just wish the truck's drivetrain longevity was more like an 8th scale. Rubber boots on the cv's, better metal, something.

Still don't know which direction I'm going to go with a new truck, lol. Have to pic one soon though

And for the record and to those that think I'm a Losi hater, the absolute most fun RC I race and own, BY FAR, is a a LOSI SCT. It just happens to be a WHOLE LOT bigger than the one being discussed here!!
2014 East Coast National Champion and TQ-1/5th scale off road 4x4 truck
Ridley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:04 PM   #254
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade329 View Post
This is just idiotic. Cars change and get better with technology and experience.

Some racers just like to whine.........constantly. The gotta have it now, gotta have it cheap and gotta have it perfect crowd is never satisfied with anything.........for very long.

I agree its stupid every truck has its issues on first Gen models i dont care what brand it is im not Losi bias or a fanboy but im just saying . If you like the Tekno truck and think its the best truck fine but why bash it on this tread and keep on bringing it up ?

Yup you cant satisfied everybody it doesnt work that way.

Hobby Hut offroad, Mushroom bowl offroad, Fun Center raceway.
GS HOBBY , Stormer Hobbies, Amain Hobbies, RRP Hobby .

Last edited by tc5 man; 01-30-2013 at 10:21 PM.
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:09 PM   #255
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandturk View Post
So what's everyone keeping from their old truck?

I'll be reusing:
- Lunsford TI turnbuckles
- aluminum rear hubs
- aluminum rear diff supports
- RPM rear bumper mount

Keeping for spares:
- full option shocks
- sway bar kit
- spring kit
- arms and other plastic bits

It looks like everything that's worn on my truck - gears, drives and axles will get tossed.

Nothing is really ware out accept the stock outdrives on one of my diffs is so il just buy the HD ones. Im testing out my diffs with RV sealed on the insert if that doesnt work il get the HD ones. And im looking at getting the Bump chassis combo with the TLR kit. And the 2.0 goodies

Hobby Hut offroad, Mushroom bowl offroad, Fun Center raceway.
GS HOBBY , Stormer Hobbies, Amain Hobbies, RRP Hobby .
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote