R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree4Likes

Old 03-20-2013, 06:15 PM   #2296
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

So I'm sitting here thinking about a couple of more changes to try this weekend to get more steering mid corner. I was looking at Phends setup from the cactus and the .06 spacer under the tie rods.
I'm thinking of trying that or maybe decreasing the front kick.
Whats all of your opinions or experiences with these changes?
What will each of them do to my truck?
My track is indoor, small to med. in size, hard packed bumpy clay with mostly tight turns.
Purdue Engineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 06:28 PM   #2297
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by duneordie View Post
Is there a page or video on how to setup emulsion shocks anywhere? Im finishing up my 2.0 build tonight was wondering how to do this. I watched a video of a guy setting up the shocks on a 22 buggy and he cut out the top of the bladders, is it just that simple?
I run mostly on a loose outdoor track with pretty good sized jumps and don't want the shocks to constantly bleed out of the caps, and am a little afraid that is what will happen
that is the video u want to use as reference...its of Dustin Evans with his 22 shocks and its done the same way

http://youtu.be/QvwmH-Rfwik
Old 03-20-2013, 06:30 PM   #2298
Tech Regular

Purdue engineer,
Wouldn't the raising the outer steering link .060" cause bump out on the outside wheel mid corner? That would cause less steering mid corner. That track at cactus had tonnes of grip so maybe they were trying to reduce mid corner steering/twichiness?
Are you looking for mid corner steering while still off power or when you are starting to pick up the throttle?
If it's just mid corner steering you are looking for I would try the short ackerman rack and try the inside bump steer balls in the "up" position.

drepus???? it's "superd" backwards since it was taken!
drepus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 06:47 PM   #2299
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Not knowing what the .06 accually does but if you raise the outside tie rod up, when the car dives in the corner under braking I would think it would pull them in making more toe out in mid corner. I don't know for sure if thats what it would do, if Ryan or Casper could help out and clearify the .06 spacer.

I would like to get more steering mid corner, just before I pick up the gas. Freeing up the rear by moving the back camber link really helped it rotate. Just wondering if I can get more by changing the front. Not sure if I need it or if I would even like but I would like to try it and see.

Thanks for the help.
Purdue Engineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 06:58 PM   #2300
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by stvnmccc View Post
How is everyone venting their bodies? I ususally make about 7 holes through the windshield in the front, and some exit holes in the back. Is this recommended with the 2.0?
With the high performance body you're usually ok cutting out the hood spoiler rear vent and the three middle vents and 1/2 of the top big vents.

Unless your truck is really getting blown around, I haven't found much advantage to the fully cut body. The roof vents in particular are pretty prone to cracking.
Old 03-20-2013, 07:13 PM   #2301
Tech Regular

Hi Everyone,

Building my truck and looking forward to running it. Two questions: When I hook up the inner steering tie rods, the steering binds. The fix? And I also remember seeing something being mentioned about you guys cutting the rear bumpers. Anyone have a pic? Thanks!
LAGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:27 PM   #2302
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

got e-mail from horzion all the 2.0 parts that i ordered has shipped out
xxxtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:34 PM   #2303
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAGuy View Post
Hi Everyone,

Building my truck and looking forward to running it. Two questions: When I hook up the inner steering tie rods, the steering binds. The fix? And I also remember seeing something being mentioned about you guys cutting the rear bumpers. Anyone have a pic? Thanks!

Are you talking about the turnbuckle that bolt onto the steering horn ? Yea i tried the inner hole it was binding and not really moving with a Racers edge horn grated they are longer than the Losi Alum horns so it may be diffrent.

I dont own a 2.0 but ive driven one and picked it up to feel the weight i dont see the need to cut the rear bumper.

XXXTruck : Oh good man i want to try out them 2.0 shock towers on my 1.0 .

Hobby Hut offroad, Mushroom bowl offroad, Fun Center raceway.
GS HOBBY , Stormer Hobbies, Amain Hobbies, RRP Hobby .
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:36 PM   #2304
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purdue Engineer View Post
So I'm sitting here thinking about a couple of more changes to try this weekend to get more steering mid corner. I was looking at Phends setup from the cactus and the .06 spacer under the tie rods.
I'm thinking of trying that or maybe decreasing the front kick.
Whats all of your opinions or experiences with these changes?
What will each of them do to my truck?
My track is indoor, small to med. in size, hard packed bumpy clay with mostly tight turns.
From THE Guide:

More Steering Mid-to-Exit of the Corner and On-Power:
Thicker oil in Front diff
More caster
Lean front shocks down on tower
Thicker rear swaybar
Stand up rear shocks on tower

Kyosho MP9 TKI3 Nova 4btt wc & Losi SCTE 2.0
Thanks to Merlin Fuel/Sweep Tires
Panda-PR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:03 PM   #2305
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post

I dont own a 2.0 but ive driven one and picked it up to feel the weight i dont see the need to cut the rear bumper.

cutting the rear bumper has relatively little to do with weight. The outer wings will rip up the rear of the body. Cut them off so only the middle oval section remains.
Old 03-20-2013, 10:21 PM   #2306
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandturk View Post
cutting the rear bumper has relatively little to do with weight. The outer wings will rip up the rear of the body. Cut them off so only the middle oval section remains.

Yea i can see that i did notice on my 1.0 it tore up my stock body more. But when i did ditch the Mudflaps and cutting the rear bumper my truck was lighter ! My has the stock chassis so.

Hobby Hut offroad, Mushroom bowl offroad, Fun Center raceway.
GS HOBBY , Stormer Hobbies, Amain Hobbies, RRP Hobby .
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:51 PM   #2307
Tech Rookie

Default 17mm hex?

Hey Im looking for a way to mount up my proline sling shots i have from my 1/8 scale days. They are 17 mm hex and the scte are 12mm hex is there a kit to up the hex size? any info would be great.
ten-SCTe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:37 PM   #2308
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
Are you talking about the turnbuckle that bolt onto the steering horn ?
No, where the inner steering tie rod attaches to the bellcrank. Tie rod off, the bellcranks and ackerman arm move freely back and forth. Attach the tie rod to the bellcrank and it jams.
LAGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 12:02 AM   #2309
Tech Adept

Default FINISHED!!!!!

My first TLR build is over........I'm really impressed with the overall quality of the truck....It looks freakin killer with a Sonic 550 motor!!! I've got to put fresh wire on esc tomorrow but I noticed sensor wire is now too short.....doo-ooh....praying to whoever will listen LHS has a longer one in stock...im thinking 250mm...is that about right? Also my motor is a 550 4.5 4600kv....what pinion to start with?..i ran a 12-13 in my HEAVILY weighted SC10...but not sure if a center diff trk is different...also my signature has changed to reflect my new BADA$$ TLR!!!
TLR SCTE 2.0 REEDY SONIC 550 4.0 LRP FLOW
3MTA3
jmc5313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 12:04 AM   #2310
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc5313 View Post
My first TLR build is over........I'm really impressed with the overall quality of the truck....It looks freakin killer with a Sonic 550 motor!!! I've got to put fresh wire on esc tomorrow but I noticed sensor wire is now too short.....doo-ooh....praying to whoever will listen LHS has a longer one in stock...im thinking 250mm...is that about right? Also my motor is a 550 4.5 4600kv....what pinion to start with?..i ran a 12-13 in my HEAVILY weighted SC10...but not sure if a center diff trk is different...also my signature has changed to reflect my new BADA$$ TLR!!!
You should be in the 13-14 tooth range depending on ESC settings.

WWW.CASPER-RC.COM TLR and Tekin setups
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote