Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 154 (100%+)

270mm sensor wire
Old 03-15-2013, 02:24 PM   #1997
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hacker07 View Post
First round of cactus classic qualifying, SCTE 2.0 1-2.
Awesome!!! What drivers?
Old 03-15-2013, 02:40 PM   #1998
Tech Master

....Ya know, even tho looks don't make a race car,with all the hops ups and new layout, it is a Very Sexy Race Machine I do have to confess.....
Old 03-15-2013, 02:41 PM   #1999
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

What are the must have spares as my lhs doesnt carry parts

I ordered
Front arms
Rear hubs
Spur
Rear arms
axle set
front spindle set
SHould that keep me going or should I order more? thanks.
Blitzrockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 02:49 PM   #2000
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzrockey View Post
What are the must have spares as my lhs doesnt carry parts
Probably drive line parts.On the 1.0 I broke 2 frnt and two rear arms in 2- yrs ..Never broke the plastic rear hubs,or any front spindle carrier parts... True!!!!Extra wheel nuts...depends how much you run and with who,you may not break any thing for a while.The Tekno drive line parts are very good,but run the stockers till they go.Lots of thread lock blue on the frnt and rear drive line set screws. P.S. I like the plastic rear hubs better than the alum,just feels better Cheers.

Last edited by BmainStar; 03-15-2013 at 03:00 PM.
BmainStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 03:13 PM   #2001
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

I am interested in going from my Durango DESC410, to the losi. I love my Durango, but I love the stability and the durability of this losi more....

My question is this: which is better, the MIP kit, or this new 2.0 chassis? The layouts look extremely similar to me. The main difference between the 2.0 and the MIP seems to be the shock towers. The MIP kit loos like it positions the top of the shocks like 1" further out from the original kit shock towers. So can someone compare this 2.0 setup to the MIP for me? AND, has anyone ran the MIP shock towers and suggested spring rates with the 2.0 chassis? My bet is that with the MIP shock towers, the 2.0 and the MIP kit would be extremely comparable... Some input would be great on this.

Thanks!!

Current Cars: Team Durango DESC410V2; Team Associated Factory Team B4.2; Team Associated Factory Team B44.2; Team Associated RC8B; Team Associated RC8T.
SixFeetDeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 03:18 PM   #2002
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixFeetDeep View Post
I am interested in going from my Durango DESC410, to the losi. I love my Durango, but I love the stability and the durability of this losi more....

My question is this: which is better, the MIP kit, or this new 2.0 chassis? The layouts look extremely similar to me. The main difference between the 2.0 and the MIP seems to be the shock towers. The MIP kit loos like it positions the top of the shocks like 1" further out from the original kit shock towers. So can someone compare this 2.0 setup to the MIP for me? AND, has anyone ran the MIP shock towers and suggested spring rates with the 2.0 chassis? My bet is that with the MIP shock towers, the 2.0 and the MIP kit would be extremely comparable... Some input would be great on this.

Thanks!!
The chassis balance is different on the 2.0. So yes both moved the center diff back but the the the battery side is quite a bit different and chassis has different flex characteristics for a different feel as well with true torque rods front and rear. The MIP is a good setup but we feel we got it even more refined with the 2.0. 2.0 has new shock towers as well but did not move the shock locations (added extra ones) but the camber link positions make a big difference as well.

WWW.CASPER-RC.COM TLR and Tekin setups
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 03:50 PM   #2003
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

whats the popular opinion of Tekin motor for this truck? which one? it will be run on an indoor track
rdeppen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 03:53 PM   #2004
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdeppen View Post
whats the popular opinion of Tekin motor for this truck? which one? it will be run on an indoor track
The Pro-4 4600 is a great fit for this truck with a ton of power. They have a new line of Pro-4 HD motors (long can) that will be hitting shelves very soon but for a smaller indoor track it may be too much. (if there is such a thing!)

Old 03-15-2013, 04:04 PM   #2005
Tech Prophet

Since wings were a big topic in here. I thought I would post this interseting news from Redrc.net

"4WD Short Course Champion Joern Neumann and Team Durango there was some controversy in the opening qualifier as the entire team with the exception of Ryan Lutz were disqualified from the top heat for running rear spoilers on their trucks but ultimately it was Team Losi Racing’s Billy Fischer who set the pace."

"An issue that also surfaced last year, the rules on the use of spoilers/wings in Short Course appears not to be very clear but as race director Scotty Ernst announced throughout yesterday’s practice that spoilers were not permitted he had no choice but to exclude the offending drivers."

It is interseting to note dished wheels are being run by many different drivers and has not been an issue.

Old 03-15-2013, 05:06 PM   #2006
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxfile View Post
I assume they just havent updated their website.
Im pretty sure they are a Horizon partner so they should have them...
OR maybe they are tooo big to be sensitive to our needs...lol
Did u say yours is on order?
Ask them to get u an answer...
I went in tonight to find out when the kit would be in, I had to ask another staff member that had more access to information in regards to ordering, he looked it up in the fast serve system and asked me if I already placed my order in, I said yes and he said it will be in either Wednesday or Thursday this coming week!
So more than likely u will be able to get yours next week also if u already ordered it.
Futaba 4PL.
2low4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 05:11 PM   #2007
Tech Regular

Guys,

I just picked up my 2.0 great price $415.00 awesome looking kit. I did notice one thing when I was looking at the chassis did anyone notice the two battery brace hold down screws closest to the side gaurds front and rear? My holes look like someone took a punch to them and put an indentation into the out side of the holes. It's not a big deal but was just wondering are all chassis like this? Thanks
Whitey_Wangster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 05:35 PM   #2008
Tech Apprentice

I can't believe the quality of the black aluminum screws. They are softer than 22 series ones and strip very easily. This truck deserves better hardware and metric sizing.
Old 03-15-2013, 05:57 PM   #2009
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 301 (100%+)

I've been struggling with this or the Tekno SCT the past week, what concerns me on this is non metric screws (grr), No rx box (Seriously? Come on!) and if the motor mount screw will still strip out as the 1.0's did.

Any ideas?

Fry crack corn and I don't care,
Leela crack corn, I still don't care,
Bender crack corn and he is great!
Take that you stupid corn!

nexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 06:33 PM   #2010
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

@ Casper

Is the body the same as the 1.0 or more like the 22sct ?
razorburn is offline   Reply With Quote