R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree4Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-14-2013, 11:00 PM   #1966
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,527
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCCustoms View Post
Well i had a few mins so i took some advice and it seemed to work out so the QTEQ connections were flipped on the motor and i shortened up the motor wires by about 3-4"

Sorry to point this out, but looking at your pic, it looks as though your left and right mudguards are swapped. This was mentioned in the build tips that I posted. Was your center diff hard to screw down? Does it hit the sideguard? One should have a raised portion which goes alongside the battery.
__________________
-Ryan Dunford
Horizon Hobby Spektrum Product Manager
TLR--Spektrum--Horizon Hobby--Tekin--Venom--Pro-Line--Sticky Kicks--Bradley FLD--ImagineIt Graphics--Casper-RC.com
TLR 22 3.0, TLR 22T 2.0, TLR 22SCT 2.0, TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0, TLR 8ight-E 4.0, DX6R
hacker07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:02 PM   #1967
Tech Elite
 
Rockthecatbox21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Texas panhandle
Posts: 2,797
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade329 View Post
Well, since everyone pretty much was removing them from the 1.0, Losi probably figured they weren't needed. Can't please everyone.
I'm pretty sure myself and the other ~25 guys at my track didn't do that. The servo brace was the only thing that needed strengthening, everything else was fine.
__________________
TLR 8ight-E 3.0 ---tekin 1900---hobbywing sct pro
Traxxas 1/16 rally (for giggles)
TLR 8ight TE 2.0-----hobbywing 2250Kv-------hobbywing sct-pro

---------"Blessed are those who get to race year round"---------
Rockthecatbox21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:58 PM   #1968
Tech Elite
 
-WHEELMAN-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Redlands, California
Posts: 4,506
Trader Rating: 266 (98%+)
Default

Last night I ran on a large loose track and tonight I ran on a tight high bite track. I ran Ryan's setup that is here on page 1 except within the kit setup on shocks, I ran the stock 3 and 4 pistons with 27.5 at both tracks so far.

On the large loose track this thing was as good as it gets. Right on the money. Loved every minute of it.

Within the tight high bite track I felt I could really benefit from a little more dampening and a stiffer spring package. I think just the Ryan's shock package with 55's will alone help this. Even though I though it could be better it was very good and the truck to watch all night. People were impressed I just cant wait to get it a little more dialed in on tight high bite.

Casper and Ryan did a great job getting a base setup that can do very well on all types of tracks. I ran on two completly different tracks the last two days on purpose to test this and was shocked how good of a base setup this is. You two deserve more credit for this one!
__________________
BRETT T. RICHARDS = SUPPORT YOUR TROOPS, LOCAL TRACKS AND HOBBY SHOPS OR THEY COULD ALL BE GONE ONE DAY!
-WHEELMAN- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 10:44 AM   #1969
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,527
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by -WHEELMAN- View Post
Last night I ran on a large loose track and tonight I ran on a tight high bite track. I ran Ryan's setup that is here on page 1 except within the kit setup on shocks, I ran the stock 3 and 4 pistons with 27.5 at both tracks so far.

On the large loose track this thing was as good as it gets. Right on the money. Loved every minute of it.

Within the tight high bite track I felt I could really benefit from a little more dampening and a stiffer spring package. I think just the Ryan's shock package with 55's will alone help this. Even though I though it could be better it was very good and the truck to watch all night. People were impressed I just cant wait to get it a little more dialed in on tight high bite.

Casper and Ryan did a great job getting a base setup that can do very well on all types of tracks. I ran on two completly different tracks the last two days on purpose to test this and was shocked how good of a base setup this is. You two deserve more credit for this one!
Glad to hear it worked out for you and that you got to have some fun with it. I get to have some fun tonight and cannot wait for work to be over, haha.
__________________
-Ryan Dunford
Horizon Hobby Spektrum Product Manager
TLR--Spektrum--Horizon Hobby--Tekin--Venom--Pro-Line--Sticky Kicks--Bradley FLD--ImagineIt Graphics--Casper-RC.com
TLR 22 3.0, TLR 22T 2.0, TLR 22SCT 2.0, TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0, TLR 8ight-E 4.0, DX6R
hacker07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 10:52 AM   #1970
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Orlando / Maitland, FL
Posts: 1,770
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to agarabaghi
Default

anyone know if these might work for those of us wanting to glue the pistons?

http://www.avidrc.com/product/5/acce...cessories.html
agarabaghi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 10:53 AM   #1971
Tech Master
 
maddog9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 1,163
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

hacker, did you ever find about the bottom of the chassis not being counter-sinked enough where the screws are not flush with the chassis? eventually the screws will get worn down to nothing.
maddog9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 10:57 AM   #1972
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,909
Default

I notice the samething with the 1.0 chassis on some of the countersunks on the bottom of the chassis to be honest i wouldnt worry about it the screws still stay tight if your ride height is high enough it wouldnt dig .

But yea it should be fixed though.
__________________
Losi SCTE 4x4, Tekno SC410 4X4 SC, Associated T4.1, Hitec 7954sh, mamba monster 2200kv, airtronics MX-3 X. Losi SCTE 4x4, Tekno SC410 4X4 SC, Associated T4.1, Mugen MBX6 ECO .

Hobby Hut offroad, Mushroom bowl offroad, Fun Center raceway.
GS HOBBY , Stormer Hobbies, Amain Hobbies, RRP Hobby .
tc5 man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 11:09 AM   #1973
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,527
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by agarabaghi View Post
anyone know if these might work for those of us wanting to glue the pistons?

http://www.avidrc.com/product/5/acce...cessories.html
They dont make a 1.3mm with 2 holes. Sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog9 View Post
hacker, did you ever find about the bottom of the chassis not being counter-sinked enough where the screws are not flush with the chassis? eventually the screws will get worn down to nothing.
I am looking into it as I mentioned through PM to you as well. The screws will be ok.
__________________
-Ryan Dunford
Horizon Hobby Spektrum Product Manager
TLR--Spektrum--Horizon Hobby--Tekin--Venom--Pro-Line--Sticky Kicks--Bradley FLD--ImagineIt Graphics--Casper-RC.com
TLR 22 3.0, TLR 22T 2.0, TLR 22SCT 2.0, TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0, TLR 8ight-E 4.0, DX6R
hacker07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 11:12 AM   #1974
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: I race at Comp Rc in OKC
Posts: 2,715
Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)
Default

My losi 2.0 kit should be in today! I can't wait to get it and build it!
__________________
it worked before you crashed it and broke it.
Graphite07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 11:22 AM   #1975
Tech Elite
 
Blitzrockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: B.C Canada
Posts: 2,181
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

What spares should be kept on hand for this if any at all?
Blitzrockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 11:24 AM   #1976
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Orlando / Maitland, FL
Posts: 1,770
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to agarabaghi
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphite07 View Post
My losi 2.0 kit should be in today! I can't wait to get it and build it!
Mine too, but i have 11 people staying at the house who all expect me to entertain

Im not sure what they will say if i start building the kit haha
agarabaghi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 11:48 AM   #1977
Tech Master
 
handyman77's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Lakewood
Posts: 1,595
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Here is my girl!!
Attached Thumbnails
Official TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread-2013-03-14_21-22-57_53.jpg  
__________________
MBX7TR....O.S. SPEC 3 .NOVAROSSI PALOMA 7
MUGEN SCTE CONV. TEKIN 4600 HD HOBBYWING XR8
MBX7R..NOVAROSSI DRAKE MOTOR
HOT BODIES D413 LRP VECTOR 6.5T
LRHhobbies.com in placentia, CA.
handyman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 12:01 PM   #1978
Tech Prophet
 
Casper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Orange, Ca
Posts: 17,738
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by agarabaghi View Post
Mine too, but i have 11 people staying at the house who all expect me to entertain

Im not sure what they will say if i start building the kit haha
They can always watch!
__________________
TLR/Losi Team Driver
TLR/Losi | Tekin | DE Racing | Spektrum | Exotek | JBRL | Kolor Koncepts | OC/RC |Sticky Kicks | Imagine It Graphics | Casper-RC.com
TLR 22 4.0 SR, TLR 22T 3.0 (laydown), TLR 22-4 2.0, Spektrum DX6R

WWW.CASPER-RC.COM TLR and Tekin setups
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 12:03 PM   #1979
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,527
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by agarabaghi View Post
Mine too, but i have 11 people staying at the house who all expect me to entertain

Im not sure what they will say if i start building the kit haha
I say make the building of the truck the entertainment, have them all pitch in
__________________
-Ryan Dunford
Horizon Hobby Spektrum Product Manager
TLR--Spektrum--Horizon Hobby--Tekin--Venom--Pro-Line--Sticky Kicks--Bradley FLD--ImagineIt Graphics--Casper-RC.com
TLR 22 3.0, TLR 22T 2.0, TLR 22SCT 2.0, TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0, TLR 8ight-E 4.0, DX6R
hacker07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 12:03 PM   #1980
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Orlando / Maitland, FL
Posts: 1,770
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to agarabaghi
Default

haha funny thing is , i had 2 people who were gonan come watch me pull an all nighter and build it in 1 sitting...
agarabaghi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:58 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net