Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree10Likes

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2013, 07:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

ok, got mine all done tonight and of course i come up from RC CAVE(basement) and the ground is covered with snow again......WTF?!?!!?!?

But here is a pic all done and wired up....sold the 2 sets of rims and rings on here so i just have the cheapy duratrax banditos for running on the roads out front on there for now

And here is a link to the build pics and everything so far...
http://s1227.beta.photobucket.com/us...0Pics/SCTE%202
Old 03-12-2013, 07:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TCCustoms
ok, got mine all done tonight and of course i come up from RC CAVE(basement) and the ground is covered with snow again......WTF?!?!!?!?

But here is a pic all done and wired up....sold the 2 sets of rims and rings on here so i just have the cheapy duratrax banditos for running on the roads out front on there for now

And here is a link to the build pics and everything so far...
http://s1227.beta.photobucket.com/us...0Pics/SCTE%202
Hey Quick tip....put the sensor wire in with the wires..... i ran it like you have it now and it some how caught the center gear and was chewed uo....lol good thing i had another one
Old 03-12-2013, 07:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

=( the wire layout is so ugly in gernal witi this truck. I loved receiver box and clean wire running from other models haha... i guess ill just have to get over it.
Old 03-12-2013, 07:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

well this sucks.. i will not see my 2.0 for some time. LHS says probly back order until futher notice of stock. *THANKS to HCP* now all the other hobby shops that are not HCP wont see them for a while until they are in stock again....... **SUCKS**

i finally get to buy a new truck and i have to wait until how ever long to get it.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:00 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

does the scte 2.0 come with a plastic or metal spur?
Old 03-12-2013, 08:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by visual_rabbi
Looking to get into 4WD SCT and had a question about the SCTE 2.0.

Why is the driveline offset?

Riding the fence between the Teckin SCT410 and SCTE 2.0, and noticed this was a major difference between the two. No doubt there are other differences, but it's my first question okay.
The driveline is like that on the losi due to it being converted from the nitro 810 buggy/10t truggy. The Sct410 is ground up electric design, therefore the driveline is straight for maximum efficiency. Also a straight driveline aids in keeping dogbone/outdrive wear to a minimum. I noticed when i had a losi, the center diff outdrives wore a lot quicker up front due to offset driveshaft.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:19 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
does the scte 2.0 come with a plastic or metal spur?

Plastic same as it was on the 1.0 and its tough a mother trucker ! No need for a Metal spur it would only make the truck really noicey !
Old 03-12-2013, 08:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rockthecatbox21
The driveline is like that on the losi due to it being converted from the nitro 810 buggy/10t truggy. The Sct410 is ground up electric design, therefore the driveline is straight for maximum efficiency. Also a straight driveline aids in keeping dogbone/outdrive wear to a minimum. I noticed when i had a losi, the center diff outdrives wore a lot quicker up front due to offset driveshaft.
Thanks Rockthecatbox21. That makes sense.

So, it doesn't really effect performance then?
Old 03-12-2013, 08:22 PM
Tech Prophet

I dont think having the front driveshaft like Losi has affects performance i may be wrong though. My has some wear but it will be a while before i need one on my 1.0 which the 2.0 uses the same axle and angle.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:27 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Graphite07
well this sucks.. i will not see my 2.0 for some time. LHS says probly back order until futher notice of stock. *THANKS to HCP* now all the other hobby shops that are not HCP wont see them for a while until they are in stock again....... **SUCKS**

i finally get to buy a new truck and i have to wait until how ever long to get it.
Horizon is showing stock at both warehouses!

Originally Posted by Rockthecatbox21
I agree the the drive line was designed for nitro to move the motor more central but the neat thing is that works well for electric as well as it allows the battery to move more central as well! The 2.0 reduces the angle with the diff moved back so it should reduce wear some as well. With the HD oudrives wear on the outdrives is minimal. The center front drive shaft pin will still see wear but with as durable as this car is a wear item that needs to be replaced every 3-6 months is not a bad thing!
Old 03-12-2013, 08:29 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Graphite07

i just looked on horizons site they are still saying in stock, your hobby shop is probably looking on their dealer site and it is saying out of stock because they are not a certified partner. if they were to go out of stock before normal hobby shops get them i would never another tlr product and i have the scte 2.0 on preorder along with a 8ight 3.0.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper
Horizon is showing stock at both warehouses!

I agree the the drive line was designed for nitro to move the motor more central but the neat thing is that works well for electric as well as it allows the battery to move more central as well! The 2.0 reduces the angle with the diff moved back so it should reduce wear some as well. With the HD oudrives wear on the outdrives is minimal. The center front drive shaft pin will still see wear but with as durable as this car is a wear item that needs to be replaced every 3-6 months is not a bad thing!
Agreed. When i put the hd/lightened outdrives on my losi the driveshaft pin only started showing wear after a couple months. The lightened outdrives are very durable and i didn't notice but the smallest amount of wear after having them on my truck for about 5 months.
Old 03-12-2013, 09:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Gso125
Anyone using the tlr alm servo arm. The inner hole is closest to the plastic one but the outer is more straight on set up. What hole is everyone using thanks.
This has been brought up a few times on the 1.0 thread Ryan said the inside hole is the correct one to use.
Old 03-13-2013, 01:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BlackStarRacing
Hey Quick tip....put the sensor wire in with the wires..... i ran it like you have it now and it some how caught the center gear and was chewed uo....lol good thing i had another one
i would like too...but there isn't room. the 3 wires don't even move inside that bracket so i don't see that fitting...but planned to use a loop clip off the diff screws to run it through just for that reason
Old 03-13-2013, 02:38 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by TCCustoms

Wow, clean build. What did you do to connect your wires to the Xerun ? Looks like you put a screw through the connector-points or something ?

Edit: Never mind, found 'em : http://www.rc-race-and-drift-japan.c...oducts_id=3970

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.