R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree4Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-12-2013, 03:31 PM   #1816
Tech Master
 
handyman77's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Lakewood
Posts: 1,595
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandturk View Post
Yes as long as you leave the spacers out of the body mount to the shock towers. What I did was use the same screws and put the spacer on the opposite side so the holes are in the 1.0 locations. This keeps the spacers handy so you can switch back to 2.0 location and not have to wonder where you stordd your spacers.

When you use the 1.0 body mount locations, you will not be able to use all of the new shock mounting locations, however.
Thanks for the answer so....any ideas how long before we see 2.0 specific bodies?
__________________
MBX7TR....O.S. SPEC 3 .NOVAROSSI PALOMA 7
MUGEN SCTE CONV. TEKIN 4600 HD HOBBYWING XR8
MBX7R..NOVAROSSI DRAKE MOTOR
HOT BODIES D413 LRP VECTOR 6.5T
LRHhobbies.com in placentia, CA.
handyman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 03:34 PM   #1817
Tech Elite
 
Grandturk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 3,485
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tupapi77 View Post
Thanks for the answer so....any ideas how long before we see 2.0 specific bodies?
You can basically fit up any body. Just cut it out, place it on the car and drill the body lost holes before painting. Easy peezy
__________________
Your Product Name Here
Grandturk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 03:36 PM   #1818
Tech Master
 
handyman77's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Lakewood
Posts: 1,595
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandturk View Post
You can basically fit up any body. Just cut it out, place it on the car and drill the body lost holes before painting. Easy peezy
roger that, thanks!
__________________
MBX7TR....O.S. SPEC 3 .NOVAROSSI PALOMA 7
MUGEN SCTE CONV. TEKIN 4600 HD HOBBYWING XR8
MBX7R..NOVAROSSI DRAKE MOTOR
HOT BODIES D413 LRP VECTOR 6.5T
LRHhobbies.com in placentia, CA.
handyman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 04:01 PM   #1819
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Princeton MA
Posts: 224
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Finished wiring it up need to set up ride hight, camber and toe. The one thing I'm a little mad at myself for is was trimming out the body. I used the paper templets and don't ya know they are for the 1.0 so I have a few extra small holes on the front no biggie I will need a new body in no time . Lol so don't use the included templets. I can't paint today because of rain so I hope to do it tomorrow so I can take it to the track.
Attached Thumbnails
Official TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread-image.jpg  
Gso125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 04:09 PM   #1820
Tech Master
 
BlackStarRacing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Miramar, Florida
Posts: 1,786
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default

heres mine after running on sunday
Attached Thumbnails
Official TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread-2013-03-12-11.55.17.jpg   Official TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread-2013-03-12-11.56.14.jpg  
__________________
☆ Daryl Boston | TeamBlackStarRacing |
☆ TLR | Hot Bodies | Hobbywing | Savox | MT4S | AKA | Avid |
☆ TLR 22 2.0 MM | HB D413 | Schumacher K1|
☆ Coral Springs RC Track | Mills Pond RC Track | South Florida|
BlackStarRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 04:25 PM   #1821
Tech Adept
 
myl3s91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 238
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmainStar View Post
Ya great Marketing ,Just lie to those that are brand loyal hoping they will hang on .I guess.. And Yes they obviously were not on the same shipment as promised.....:rolley es: In this economy they should be after every dollar that they could get ...Kits and parts..BAD TASTE IN MY MOUTH AND IT IS NOT THE HANGER 24 IPA...Might be LOL........................PISSED !!!!!!!And quenched!!LOL

I'm not really mad about it just wanted to know when. So until then I cancelled my order and will order my parts when I see them in stock from my lhs
__________________
DESC410 V2
myl3s91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 04:46 PM   #1822
Tech Regular
 
xxfile's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Orangeville Ontario
Posts: 424
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by myl3s91 View Post
I'm not really mad about it just wanted to know when. So until then I cancelled my order and will order my parts when I see them in stock from my lhs
Interesting that neither Great Hobbies or Hobby Hobby has them listed on their website.. I DO believe they are on the Horizon plan...
Hey I'm in Orangeville and despite the warm weather the last couple of days we still have 10 inches of snow on our track...
Eagerly anticipating the arrival at our LHS...
xxfile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 04:57 PM   #1823
Tech Prophet
 
Casper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Orange, Ca
Posts: 17,732
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmainStar View Post
Ya great Marketing ,Just lie to those that are brand loyal hoping they will hang on .I guess.. And Yes they obviously were not on the same shipment as promised.....:rolley es: In this economy they should be after every dollar that they could get ...Kits and parts..BAD TASTE IN MY MOUTH AND IT IS NOT THE HANGER 24 IPA...Might be LOL........................PISSED !!!!!!!And quenched!!LOL
I am not sure Ryan ever said they were on the same boat. That was probably just me based off other releases. Not sure what the hold up is but I know it was not "marketing trying to sell more trucks"!. The goal is to provide parts support as soon as possible with new kits. I appoligize for any misinformation and I know Ryan has not been happy with the delay and as always is working hard to correct any issues that arise.

Some parts are showing 3/15, 3/21 and others still at 4/20 in the system. That is the latest info I have.
__________________
TLR/Losi Team Driver
TLR/Losi | Tekin | DE Racing | Spektrum | Exotek | JBRL | Kolor Koncepts | OC/RC |Sticky Kicks | Imagine It Graphics | Casper-RC.com
TLR 22 4.0 SR, TLR 22T 3.0 (laydown), TLR 22-4 2.0, Spektrum DX6R

WWW.CASPER-RC.COM TLR and Tekin setups
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 05:11 PM   #1824
Tech Initiate
 
2low4u's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Prince Edward Island, Canada
Posts: 37
Default

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by myl3s91
I'm not really mad about it just wanted to know when. So until then I cancelled my order and will order my parts when I see them in stock from my lhs
Interesting that neither Great Hobbies or Hobby Hobby has them listed on their website.. I DO believe they are on the Horizon plan...
Hey I'm in Orangeville and despite the warm weather the last couple of days we still have 10 inches of snow on our track...
Eagerly anticipating the arrival at our LHS...
I am wondering also why Great Hobbies does not have them listed also, i placed my order 2 weeks ago and they did not know when they were planning on receiving the kits, I'm hoping they arrive soon!

Last edited by 2low4u; 03-12-2013 at 05:36 PM.
2low4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 05:15 PM   #1825
Tech Master
 
TCCustoms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: South Central Michigan
Posts: 1,512
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

a couple of us can get the kits for you guys if you dont mind paying shipping but i think most are pry waiting on parts 2.0 now to convert your 1.0's...unless your close to South MI then you can come get it yourself(the kit that is)

I got mine for $450 cash so i cant see him doing any better
__________________
1/10 Traxxas Summit Blue
Axial AX10 Scorpion * Viper VSC 240/55t combo * Hitec HS-7954SH
TCCustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 05:40 PM   #1826
Tech Regular
 
xxfile's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Orangeville Ontario
Posts: 424
Default Tekin Pro4 hd released

Just saw on facebook the new Pro 4 hd has been unleashed from copied post below


Looks like Tekin is again improving upon their already impressive line of products. They have just announced the release of the highly anticipated Pro4 HD motor (4wd Shortcourse) which is rumored to have even more torque than their very successful pro4 line of motors. Also they have surprised us with the release of their pro2 line of motors that are based off the very successful T8 design. These new Pro2 (2wd Shortcourse) motors are only compatible with the RX8 platform and are sure to make your bashing and racing experience a blast. Check out their new releases. (Also you can spot in this pic a WHITE RX8, I wonder what Tekin has up their sleeves !?)
.
xxfile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 05:42 PM   #1827
Tech Regular
 
xxfile's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Orangeville Ontario
Posts: 424
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2low4u View Post
I am wondering also why Great Hobbies does not have them listed also, i placed my order 2 weeks ago and they did not know when they were planning on receiving the kits, I'm hoping they arrive soon!
I assume they just havent updated their website.
Im pretty sure they are a Horizon partner so they should have them...
OR maybe they are tooo big to be sensitive to our needs...lol
Did u say yours is on order?
Ask them to get u an answer...
xxfile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 05:46 PM   #1828
Tech Master
 
BmainStar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: pullin in,ca.
Posts: 1,812
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
I am not sure Ryan ever said they were on the same boat. That was probably just me based off other releases. Not sure what the hold up is but I know it was not "marketing trying to sell more trucks"!. The goal is to provide parts support as soon as possible with new kits. I appoligize for any misinformation and I know Ryan has not been happy with the delay and as always is working hard to correct any issues that arise.

Some parts are showing 3/15, 3/21 and others still at 4/20 in the system. That is the latest info I have.
Thanks Casper!!!I`M sure it will be worth the wait!!!!
__________________
Toy Car Playerz
West Coast
BmainStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 05:48 PM   #1829
Tech Regular
 
xxfile's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Orangeville Ontario
Posts: 424
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxfile View Post
Just saw on facebook the new Pro 4 hd has been unleashed from copied post below


Looks like Tekin is again improving upon their already impressive line of products. They have just announced the release of the highly anticipated Pro4 HD motor (4wd Shortcourse) which is rumored to have even more torque than their very successful pro4 line of motors. Also they have surprised us with the release of their pro2 line of motors that are based off the very successful T8 design. These new Pro2 (2wd Shortcourse) motors are only compatible with the RX8 platform and are sure to make your bashing and racing experience a blast. Check out their new releases. (Also you can spot in this pic a WHITE RX8, I wonder what Tekin has up their sleeves !?)
.
that came from Velocity RC magazine
xxfile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 05:51 PM   #1830
Tech Initiate
 
2low4u's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Prince Edward Island, Canada
Posts: 37
Default

Yes I did order mine, I asked them when I was in when they were expecting them, they said they were not in the system at that time but it shouldn't be too long, i haven't been in for two weeks since, heading in this Friday to pay off the truck, so I will ask again unless they are gonna be in tomorrow (Amain hobbies available to order tomorrow) which I highly doubt it for GH.
__________________
Losi 8 2.0 Tekno E-Conversion, Tekin RX8 Gen1, Tekin 1900kv
TLR SCTE 2.0, Tekin RX8 Gen 2, Tekin Pro4 4600kv.
Assoicated B4.1FT Worlds Edition, BH 120A, Turnigy 8.5T & 17.5T.
Futaba 4PL.

Last edited by 2low4u; 03-12-2013 at 05:51 PM. Reason: Spelling
2low4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:44 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net