R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree4Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-11-2013, 08:50 AM   #1726
Tech Elite
 
Grandturk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 3,485
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purdue Engineer View Post
So I just finished the build. Well, I have to do my shocks yet with the 2x 55 pistons. I was thinking: How are you guys check and measure the front toe on the truck without a huddy setup rig?

Also, whats the deal with the front sway bar? It's almost like it's to short. I can't get the end of the bar to stick through the end. Whats the trick to setting these, front and rear. I'm used to haveing a ball link that you can lean forward or back to change pre load.

Thanks
Toe - eyeball it

Front sway - don't stick the bar all the way to the end of the ball. About halfway in is right. You want there to be play in the bar and for it to move freely but not too much slop.
__________________
Your Product Name Here
Grandturk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:09 AM   #1727
Tech Champion
 
blade329's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Glendora, CA
Posts: 5,127
Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkrob View Post
What color was the truck it might have been mine I was running at Tony's Saturday afternoon/evening.
It was a solid blue truck.

I was running a white/black/green SCTE with white wheels. I left around 3pm though.
__________________
Traxxas Slash 2wd XL-5,
Losi SCTE 2.0,
Associated FT B4.2,
Associated FT T4.2
blade329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:16 AM   #1728
Tech Apprentice
 
tbills66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 78
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purdue Engineer View Post
So I just finished the build. Well, I have to do my shocks yet with the 2x 55 pistons. I was thinking: How are you guys check and measure the front toe on the truck without a huddy setup rig?

Also, whats the deal with the front sway bar? It's almost like it's to short. I can't get the end of the bar to stick through the end. Whats the trick to setting these, front and rear. I'm used to haveing a ball link that you can lean forward or back to change pre load.

Thanks
I use this for toe setup. http://www.rpmrcproducts.com/product...hires/7049.htm
tbills66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:25 AM   #1729
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,523
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purdue Engineer View Post
So I just finished the build. Well, I have to do my shocks yet with the 2x 55 pistons. I was thinking: How are you guys check and measure the front toe on the truck without a huddy setup rig?

Also, whats the deal with the front sway bar? It's almost like it's to short. I can't get the end of the bar to stick through the end. Whats the trick to setting these, front and rear. I'm used to haveing a ball link that you can lean forward or back to change pre load.

Thanks
You basically position the bar ends so that the link to the arm is straight up and down.
__________________
-Ryan Dunford
Horizon Hobby Spektrum Product Manager
TLR--Spektrum--Horizon Hobby--Tekin--Venom--Pro-Line--Sticky Kicks--Bradley FLD--ImagineIt Graphics--Casper-RC.com
TLR 22 3.0, TLR 22T 2.0, TLR 22SCT 2.0, TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0, TLR 8ight-E 4.0, DX6R
hacker07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:55 AM   #1730
Tech Master
 
XRated SCT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: SanDiego
Posts: 1,065
Default

Any1 know if any of the outerwears nets will fit on the 2.0
__________________
Tekno SCT410--RX8 g2/Pro4 HD4300--RP green
Associated FT T4.2--RS g2/Redline g2 17.5--RP blue
XRated SCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:02 AM   #1731
Tech Adept
 
myl3s91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 238
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

@hacker have YOU heard anything on the parts? I know you said you would let us know once you hear more, I read almost every post on this thread every day and have yet to notice any info on this topic. To me it does not matter when they come, I just want to know when that payment is going to come off my credit card! kidding aside, I would just like to know the expected time. Again it does not matter when! Thanks.
__________________
DESC410 V2
myl3s91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:43 AM   #1732
Tech Regular
 
hkrob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Baldwin Park, CA
Posts: 465
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade329 View Post
It was a solid blue truck.

I was running a white/black/green SCTE with white wheels. I left around 3pm though.
Yup that was me your truck looked pretty good also.
hkrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:45 AM   #1733
Tech Master
 
maddog9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 1,163
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

word of advice for anyone running the truck for the first time, put some locktight on the thumb screws, i almost lost one. Also anyone running a soft cell bigger 2 cell battery you will have to dremel out the top strap to get it to fit and move the rear battery holder back one hole.
maddog9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:54 AM   #1734
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Otsego, Mn
Posts: 111
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Is there a smaller rear sway bar availible? Or is the 1.8mm the smallest made?
__________________
Losi 22-4 Orion
Losi 22 SCT Tekin
Losi SCTE 2.0 Tekin
Losi 5ive
Losi XXX SCB Tekin
Lucky7RCN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:54 AM   #1735
Tech Elite
 
Grandturk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 3,485
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog9 View Post
word of advice for anyone running the truck for the first time, put some locktight on the thumb screws, i almost lost one. Also anyone running a soft cell bigger 2 cell battery you will have to dremel out the top strap to get it to fit and move the rear battery holder back one hole.
I'm not 100% sold on the thumb screws. I will lose one eventually. I actually liked the simple reliability of the Velcro straps. Anyway:

I sooooo want to run this truck with a shorty pack. 5 minute qualifiers with a Schuur Speed 4300 pulled about 2500 mah out of my batteries. Love to try like a 60+ C 4000 mah shorty.
__________________
Your Product Name Here
Grandturk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:59 AM   #1736
Tech Champion
 
blade329's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Glendora, CA
Posts: 5,127
Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkrob View Post
Yup that was me your truck looked pretty good also.
Thanks. Next time, let's race. 1.0 vs 2.0!
__________________
Traxxas Slash 2wd XL-5,
Losi SCTE 2.0,
Associated FT B4.2,
Associated FT T4.2
blade329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:34 AM   #1737
Tech Master
 
BmainStar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: pullin in,ca.
Posts: 1,811
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by myl3s91 View Post
@hacker have YOU heard anything on the parts? I know you said you would let us know once you hear more, I read almost every post on this thread every day and have yet to notice any info on this topic. To me it does not matter when they come, I just want to know when that payment is going to come off my credit card! kidding aside, I would just like to know the expected time. Again it does not matter when! Thanks.
.....??????????.....+++++++++ 1,000,000...??????????
__________________
Toy Car Playerz
West Coast
BmainStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:48 AM   #1738
Tech Prophet
 
Casper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Orange, Ca
Posts: 17,659
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandturk View Post
I'm not 100% sold on the thumb screws. I will lose one eventually. I actually liked the simple reliability of the Velcro straps. Anyway:

I sooooo want to run this truck with a shorty pack. 5 minute qualifiers with a Schuur Speed 4300 pulled about 2500 mah out of my batteries. Love to try like a 60+ C 4000 mah shorty.
Use a 2mm shock spacer and use that as a spacer for the front post and thread lock that one in place locked down so it does not move. Then you just have the rear one that you have to take off to swing the battery brace out of the way to remove the battery. I always just spin the one screw back into place after I take out the battery. This way you only have to mess with one of them!
__________________
TLR/Losi Team Driver
TLR/Losi | Tekin | DE Racing | Spektrum | Exotek | JBRL | Kolor Koncepts | OC/RC |Sticky Kicks | Imagine It Graphics | Casper-RC.com
TLR 22 3.0, TLR 22SCT 2.0, TLR 22-4 2.0, TLR Ten-SCTE 3.0, Spektrum DX6R

WWW.CASPER-RC.COM TLR and Tekin setups
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:09 PM   #1739
Tech Master
 
maddog9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 1,163
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
Use a 2mm shock spacer and use that as a spacer for the front post and thread lock that one in place locked down so it does not move. Then you just have the rear one that you have to take off to swing the battery brace out of the way to remove the battery. I always just spin the one screw back into place after I take out the battery. This way you only have to mess with one of them!
I was think of using the tekno long velco strap that goes the length of the battery as a possible replacement whats your thought on the this?
maddog9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:15 PM   #1740
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 99
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmainStar View Post
.....??????????.....+++++++++ 1,000,000...??????????
I gave one of my LHS a ring and they are quoting a date of 4/20. This date has been mentioned before of what HH fast server has listed? I guess we'll need to be patient or get the kit....and try not to break/loose any of those 2.0 exclusive parts until 4/20!
__________________
| TLR SCTE 2.0 | TLR 8ight-E 3.0 | Associated TC5R |
RC-Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:11 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net