R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/700327-tlr-ten-scte-2-0-kit-thread.html)

Ridley 01-30-2013 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by Frank Root (Post 11750623)
The 8ight 3.0 reduces the effect of this on track, but a nitro buggy is also a bit of a different beast. if the moving of the center diff in the SCTE 2.0, they is less angle in the front bone, and will be less bind than there was previously, so this vehicle has gone the same what. Having a little of a tuning characteristic, versus eliminating it completely, it quite a huge difference.

Yeah, I'm not buying that explanation. :lol:

If anything, it would be reversed, where the bind created overdrive in the rear would be offset by the added downforce of having a wing on a nitro buggy.

Never a good idea to introduce a non tunable, and inconsistent variable such as drivetrain drag and subsequent wear as a "tuning feature". If that was the case, a teaspoon of sand in the front gearbox would be the hot settup on the more effecient, straight center driveline vehicles :lol: Certainly will be better than the first nitro based incarnation though, just went a step too far towards cost cutting and away from optimal IMHO. I was hoping it would have veered towards the latter, so I could stick with the Losi brand.

tc5 man 01-30-2013 11:36 AM

Ridley: Yea that makes sense thinking about i have used Metric screws though into non Metric holes before and its been fine .

Hacker: I get what your saying but to me if the 1st SCTE model was all Metric screws and the moldings it wouldnt be more expensive i dont think . Its easyier to have Metric screws more varietly thats all.

Jedev 01-30-2013 11:41 AM

hacker07 01-30-2013 11:43 AM

at OC/RC

Just a quick note to those of you around So Cal...Casper and I will be at OC/RC tonight with them as well as Friday and likely Saturday, I will be there as well if you want to come check it out or even drive it.

I will also have a couple of the new Vaterra vehicles there...in case folks want to check those out.

SCUBA STEVE 01-30-2013 11:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
It seems like what some people on this thread are trying to say is:

Grandturk 01-30-2013 11:46 AM

What's a Vaterra?

Frank Root 01-30-2013 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by Grandturk (Post 11750773)
What's a Vaterra?

vaterrarc.com

SCUBA STEVE 01-30-2013 11:54 AM

Ryan, The truck looks great. It looks like your giving everyone exactly what they wanted after realizing this class was going to take off and go into full race mode!! nice work!!

Grandturk 01-30-2013 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by Frank Root (Post 11750797)
vaterrarc.com

Interesting... Is Vaterra the new Losi? Entry level, "fun" vehicles? Will Losi continue as a brand and have releases distinct from TLR?

nanoverse 01-30-2013 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by Grandturk (Post 11750176)
No upgrade on the plastics???? Not as sweeeeeeet because the tranny boxes strip out and it's a PITA to replace on the fly. Carry long screws.

Buy the RPM rear bumper mount. Works great. Just the mount - not the whole ugly ass RPM rear bumper.

Yep. Would also like to see few other things like higher collar in the bottom spring retainer so that rear springs don't come dislocated and newly designed/simpler/bendier body posts which enable to put the body clips higher. This would be good for other branded bodies where the rear clips cut the body.

dgrobe2112 01-30-2013 12:03 PM

im glad they are doing it..

one thing i find funny.. is when i made comments about all this long ago.. people were always saying.. u dont "need" a TLR tuning kit.. u dont "need" hd balls.. u dont "need" light drive cups, Dont "need" lightweight hard chassis.. bla bla.. doesnt do anything for the truck.. bla bla..

and here we are.. year later.. its all in a kit..

Racers dont want to have to replace these parts that wear out so quick.. when they race almost every weekend..

again.. im glad TLR and the team are so in tune with the forums.. and see what the "racers" and other guys are saying.. and bringing it all to us..

I was seriously on the boat to jump ship.. or even convert a buggy over.. but not anymore..

xXblitzXx 01-30-2013 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by hacker07 (Post 11749723)
Yes, the new front tower has additional camber mounting holes and an additonal outer top hole, thats for europe and carpet. The rear tower has some additional camber holes and these are wonderful.

We did think about this but not sure what to include...

Do you just include the center stuff or all of the other stuff...which is a lot.

There is a big weight difference, over half a pound.

We are a blimp due to our size, MIP is a fighter jet and can make decisions quickly. Eustace has known what we were working on for a while now as him and I were at the tracktesting and actually talked about some of this stuff. He is a great guy and he knows I am not copying and vice versa. Our weight balance was tested for a LONG time and is different than the MIP. The MIP is too far back in our opinion for the way we have our shocks set up and all. Also, our chassis is much different than theirs.

While I value anyones opinion and you are entitled to yours, our truck is tried and true and you get everything you want and need in one box. Even if they are consumables, you kinda still have to have them to run, lol. We give you the chassis you want to run, we give you all the aluminum parts, not just one...and you need more ont he other truck according to what is being said on that thread. I am glad to have the competition and if you are happy with yours, enjoy, but please dont come in this thread and say anything. I havent said anything ont hat thread and I have likely helped more people with their Tekno rides than most.

This is well said and I will leave it at that.

Dont get me wrong here i have a great ammount of respect for you. But whats being said on the tekno thread is mostly about tuning to track conditions and the occasional fluke with certain parts which tekno has gladly helped people with. I ordered the tekno and am glad i did. I also have an scte i converted to a buggy that i love. The cars both have there niches. But im glad theres two trucks on the market. More competion. If there is ever a conversion kit for the scte 1.0 i may have to get it and see if it can handle racing with the fat 1/8 scales (Right now my buggy weighs like 6.3 pounds)

Derry 01-30-2013 12:46 PM

Can we get a complete list of parts with part numbers on the first page to upgrade the 1.0 to a 2.0? Unfortunetly, I just ordered the 1.0. And maybe break them out by like core parts and optional parts. It would be greatly appreciated.

Grandturk 01-30-2013 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by xXblitzXx (Post 11750993)
If there is ever a conversion kit for the scte 1.0 i may have to get it and see if it can handle racing with the fat 1/8 scales (Right now my buggy weighs like 6.3 pounds)

Where have you been runnin yours? The SCTE has been the only 4wd SC that can keep up with and tussle with buggies and truggies for 2 years. Maybe the Teckno can do it, too, but it certainly won't be the first.

Grandturk 01-30-2013 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by Derry (Post 11751053)
Can we get a complete list of parts with part numbers on the first page to upgrade the 1.0 to a 2.0? Unfortunetly, I just ordered the 1.0. And maybe break them out by like core parts and optional parts. It would be greatly appreciated.

Send it back!