Search
Like Tree10Likes

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2013, 03:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07
You shop doesnt carry part LOSB3591? Should ask them to but I would also contact CS and they can send you the screws.
I know CS would have sent me some, they are always incredible about that. I was just in the middle of the build and my shop is less than a half mile from my house. I was there, wanted to continue with the build, so I grabbed em. Whether it is the screw or user error is anybody's guess. Just wanted to see if I was the only one. Other than that it is a beautiful kit. Just waiting on my 275mm sensor wire to show up in the mail, slap some paint on the shell, and she will be ready to test.
Old 03-08-2013, 03:17 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Grandturk
I almost always vent the tire and the rim. No reason to seal the hole. Not sure who gave you that idea.
The inserts and tires hold up better if the rim is not vented/drilled. Holes in tires good, holes in rims bad.

If you have holes in the rims sand will get into the tire.
Old 03-08-2013, 04:04 PM
Tech Regular

If you have holes in the tire and use traction compound the foam will break down. I will will stick with holes in the rims. Has anyone who has got there kit run them yet? would love to here what you think so far.
Old 03-08-2013, 04:16 PM
Tech Regular

It's kind of like I'm damned if I do and damned if I don't. Hacker or Casper does it matter to keep the rims and tires vented both? If dirt gets in from the rim and you have two holes in the tires won't the tire's rotation work debris out? I just want to know before I glue them up. I have a leather punch for the tires.
Old 03-08-2013, 04:21 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Whitey_Wangster
It's kind of like I'm damned if I do and damned if I don't. Hacker or Casper does it matter to keep the rims and tires vented both? If dirt gets in from the rim and you have two holes in the tires won't the tire's rotation work debris out? I just want to know before I glue them up. I have a leather punch for the tires.
TLR/Losi rims are vented. When using Closed cell foams I also punch a hole in the tire. When using open cell foam I do not punch a hole in the tire. This is how I do it. I have never really had an issue with dirt/water in my tires for what it is worth.
Old 03-08-2013, 04:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07
One thing of note when running wires, please keep in mind the way we milled the chassis, it leaves room to oute your ESC to rec wire directly under the servo so it stays nice and neat and out of the way.
Ryan - how about some close up shots of your personal truck with it's nice and tidy wiring?
Old 03-08-2013, 04:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Holes in the rims do nothing for getting water out. The centrifugal force makes the water "sling" to the outside of the tire, hence adding holes to the tires. When you spin the tires after washing, the water will free itself from the holes in the tire. Holes in rims do nothing but allow water into your foams when washing. Either way, no matter what rims you have, it's always a good idea to punch 2 small holes into each tire on opposite ends.
Old 03-08-2013, 04:38 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Got the front clip built during breaks from plowing the 2 f'n feet of snow today on my day off. Lol. I have a little bind issue with my front cases I put in the tekno outdrive and when it spins it has one stiff spot, swapped out to losi out drives same. Put back in tekno's ones its a little better not as bad. Should they just break in /seat once I start running it. i had these same ones in my 1.0 no binding smooth as butter. thanks.
Old 03-08-2013, 04:39 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tony Vega
Ryan - how about some close up shots of your personal truck with it's nice and tidy wiring?
It might be a couple days to get those. I know Ryan has some plans this weekend and will most likely know be near his truck until sunday.
Old 03-08-2013, 04:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bashdj
As said, use the HPI Z449 screws they are a proven fix to the problem!
Enjoy your 2.0!
YES, these screws will make it easier for anyone with the bigger head, i didnt have a problem with the stock ones as i used them to thread the case and used the Z449's when they got here.

For anyone waiting on the kit...this means go order them now or have yor LHS get them for you, AND THIS IS THE LUXURY of not having your kit yet as you can hear of what issues people are having and plan your way around it

Originally Posted by Blown up
Always great to see 8 new rims that need 8 fresh tires and foams! Maybe I can get a 2 for 1 deal on those...
I'll sell you both sets or rims and the 1 set of beadlock rings if you want them...PM Me, dont post here

Originally Posted by xxfile
Our LHS found the info Horizon wanted to be extensive and demanding from the point that they wanted to have the biggest %age of stuff in the store...
You cant blame Horizon for wanting that my concern is that MOST small shops just think that the info they want is none of their business so they didnt do it.

This might reward the shops that do but it seems most small shops didnt do it.
It leaves the end user with a bad taste in their mouth regarding Horizon. It would seem that we who wish to support our LHS as it is small and if it goes I am travelling 45 min to buy Nitro or parts.
Level playing fields create fair business
Early releases and Bigger discounts put the little guys out of business.
Pissing off 20 LHS for each HCP shop doesnt get Horizons product out there.
I live in an extremely small town and my LHS doesnt even do online sales, all local and he does BIIIIIG business with HH...i was blown away with the $ amount he said they buy and he was suprised when he talked to the CS people at HH to see where he was at when they implemented the new system but he has his prices LOW and this allows him to sell more which means he buys more...some shops mark up it whats hurting them, not HH's program

Originally Posted by Rockthecatbox21
Holes in the rims do nothing for getting water out. The centrifugal force makes the water "sling" to the outside of the tire, hence adding holes to the tires. When you spin the tires after washing, the water will free itself from the holes in the tire. Holes in rims do nothing but allow water into your foams when washing. Either way, no matter what rims you have, it's always a good idea to punch 2 small holes into each tire on opposite ends.
+1 and i do it this way as we run on all surfaces(but clay) and dirt is the worst...when going over bumps and jumps the holes in the rims will suck the dirt in and its hard to get out even with the holes in the tires. I have seen people put a fabric over the holes in the rims and CA them which allows it to breathe without dirt entering....it was a light material like panty hose or something.

I have since plugged the holes on all my rims from now on and punch 3-4 holes in each tire with my $3 leather punch from TSC and havent had even the slightest build up yet to where before with the holes in the rims...within a summer the tires were like rocks and soo full of dirt we just threw them out(more than just me)
Old 03-08-2013, 04:56 PM
Tech Master

on another note my CRC sensor wire arrived at my LHS and Falconsekido emailed saying they shipped my motor...WOOOT WOOOOT

Did anyone ever figure out what the right length was for the links that were printed the wrong length in the manual....i forgot which link it was but i think its the steering links by looking at my kit...
Old 03-08-2013, 05:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TCCustoms
YES, these screws will make it easier for anyone with the bigger head, i didnt have a problem with the stock ones as i used them to thread the case and used the Z449's when they got here.

For anyone waiting on the kit...this means go order them now or have yor LHS get them for you, AND THIS IS THE LUXURY of not having your kit yet as you can hear of what issues people are having and plan your way around it

I'll sell you both sets or rims and the 1 set of beadlock rings if you want them...PM Me, dont post here

I live in an extremely small town and my LHS doesnt even do online sales, all local and he does BIIIIIG business with HH...i was blown away with the $ amount he said they buy and he was suprised when he talked to the CS people at HH to see where he was at when they implemented the new system but he has his prices LOW and this allows him to sell more which means he buys more...some shops mark up it whats hurting them, not HH's program

+1 and i do it this way as we run on all surfaces(but clay) and dirt is the worst...when going over bumps and jumps the holes in the rims will suck the dirt in and its hard to get out even with the holes in the tires. I have seen people put a fabric over the holes in the rims and CA them which allows it to breathe without dirt entering....it was a light material like panty hose or something.

I have since plugged the holes on all my rims from now on and punch 3-4 holes in each tire with my $3 leather punch from TSC and havent had even the slightest build up yet to where before with the holes in the rims...within a summer the tires were like rocks and soo full of dirt we just threw them out(more than just me)

On my last set of "vented" rims, there were quite a few little clay-like pebbles inside the rim. I got a pretty good idea how they got there (holes in rims). I think it's a good idea to shoo-goo my new avid rims to keep dirt buildup to a minimum.
Old 03-08-2013, 05:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Wow I had not heard about people having trouble with dirt getting in their vented rims. Hmm. Good to know. Has not been an issue for me.
Old 03-08-2013, 05:11 PM
Tech Regular

I haven't had a problem either.
Old 03-08-2013, 05:21 PM
Tech Master

yes, when i say my LHS and myself are in a small town...i mean small, everyone knows everyone, everyone farms or has a factory job SO what we run on is pretty much farm dirt, lol!

We(my bro in law, a buddy, and myself) built a track in a field in front of my bro in laws house(house is 3/4 of a mile off the dirt road he lives on). Its so nasty and what not here right now, the wives had one of those purse parties tonight and they had to use a 4wd truck to shuttle the women from the road to the house becuz the farm dirt is now mud, lmao

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.