R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree4Likes

Old 03-08-2013, 12:10 PM   #1591
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

To those of you that already build the truck, would it be too hard to glue somekind of receiver box next to the servo? I know theres room between the servo and motor mount if not possible
Thinking of something like this:
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...iver-Box-w-Lid

Kyosho MP9 TKI3 Nova 4btt wc & Losi SCTE 2.0
Thanks to Merlin Fuel/Sweep Tires
Panda-PR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:21 PM   #1592
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda-PR View Post
To those of you that already build the truck, would it be too hard to glue somekind of receiver box next to the servo? I know theres room between the servo and motor mount if not possible
I don't think it would be hard at all. Depends on the size. You can also mount the box to the side of he servo mount. All depends on how big your stuff is.
Old 03-08-2013, 12:27 PM   #1593
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purdue Engineer View Post
What are you guys using to protect the bottom of the chassis?
I like to use this
Old 03-08-2013, 12:27 PM   #1594
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphite07 View Post
so the DIFF cup screws are a problem? other than that how does the rest of the 2.0 build? shocks?,center diff? ECT.
Overall it went together very well. I posted some build notes a few posts up. I don't think any of the screws are an issue - I had one screw strip on the servo mount that was my fault.

I did get the small shock bottoms - those took some effort and I hacked them up pretty good, but as long as they work until my next shock rebuild that's fine.

Other tips - plan out your wire routing carefully. I ended up shrink tubing up my servo and transponder wires and then zip tying them to the mud guards. I reamed two holes in the sides of the mud guards to anchor the zip ties.
Old 03-08-2013, 12:37 PM   #1595
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandturk View Post
I don't think it would be hard at all. Depends on the size. You can also mount the box to the side of he servo mount. All depends on how big your stuff is.
Well....LOL

Kyosho MP9 TKI3 Nova 4btt wc & Losi SCTE 2.0
Thanks to Merlin Fuel/Sweep Tires
Panda-PR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:41 PM   #1596
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 266 (98%+)

Quote:
so the DIFF cup screws are a problem? other than that how does the rest of the 2.0 build? shocks?,center diff? ECT.
I wouldnt say they are a problem just something to be cautious of. Fit and finish for the most part is beautiful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hacker07 View Post
Glad to hear it went mostly well. And glad CS took good care of you. They are pretty quick when it comes to getting stuff out so should be good to go soon enough. As always, let me know if there is ever anything I can help out with. I do try, lol.
That you do try!!! And try well!!!
Old 03-08-2013, 12:49 PM   #1597
Suspended

Quote:
It's not as much a "problem" as it is an issue being experienced by newbies (first time kit builders). Thus it can come from anything as simple as using Allen wrenches instead of hex drivers, not having the proper sized hex driver (standard instead of metric), not taking the time to pre-thread thread most fittings to ease assembly, to not being patient and trying to rush assembly.
Experienced builders aren't really having any problems.

Otherwise, read the last few most recent pages as most thongs have been covered at least twice already. Have fun!
"With verbal bullying, the goal is still to degrade and demean the victim, while making the aggressor look dominant and powerful. This can be especially problematic when the aggressor is an authority figure, as they think their actions can't be questioned." ~ Guide To Bullying
pablo040 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:53 PM   #1598
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default Wiring

One thing of note when running wires, please keep in mind the way we milled the chassis, it leaves room to oute your ESC to rec wire directly under the servo so it stays nice and neat and out of the way.
TLR 22 3.0, TLR 22T 2.0, TLR 22SCT 2.0, TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0, TLR 8ight-E 4.0, DX6R
hacker07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:55 PM   #1599
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by bashdj View Post
As said, use the HPI Z449 screws they are a proven fix to the problem!
Enjoy your 2.0!

Oh i agree there much better and bigger ! Alright enough on the diff screws now lol.

Hobby Hut offroad, Mushroom bowl offroad, Fun Center raceway.
GS HOBBY , Stormer Hobbies, Amain Hobbies, RRP Hobby .
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:57 PM   #1600
Tech Prophet

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablo040 View Post
It's not as much a "problem" as it is an issue being experienced by newbies (first time kit builders). Thus it can come from anything as simple as using Allen wrenches instead of hex drivers, not having the proper sized hex driver (standard instead of metric), not taking the time to pre-thread thread most fittings to ease assembly, to not being patient and trying to rush assembly.

Otherwise, read the last few most recent pages as most thongs have been covered at least twice already. Have fun!

Im not a first time builder i dont have the 2.0 yet at but im not the only one that said that one. The same things where said on the SCTE 1.0 tread.

Hobby Hut offroad, Mushroom bowl offroad, Fun Center raceway.
GS HOBBY , Stormer Hobbies, Amain Hobbies, RRP Hobby .
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:06 PM   #1601
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

cool thanks for the answers. i put a lot of kits together. i take my time and go slow.
i remember my HPI blitz took 3 days to build but it came out nice.
Old 03-08-2013, 01:07 PM   #1602
Tech Apprentice

Thought I'd try to lighten the mood a bit and share a story; it's FRIDAY after all people! lol Coming home from a long day at work last night and spot a UPS truck in front of my house. Could it be? Maybe my 2.0 parts are here.....???oh man this will be great....

BUT no it was something for the wife. (Trying to keep hope alive here). I didn't think it affected me much but ended up having a dream of racing to get the last kit in front of a cornucopia (like in Hunger Games ), I got it!, get home and its a friggin empty box!!!

I guess you can say I'm *really* anxious to get my parts lol. Funny how dreams manifest from your reality. I'm super envious of your guys with the kits. Keep up with the feedback and have a great day!

Last edited by RC-Rick; 03-08-2013 at 01:21 PM.
RC-Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:46 PM   #1603
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablo040 View Post

This is the 2nd time the newbie comment has come up. While this is likely true in some cases I have built well over 15-20 kits from 10th-8th scale. I use quality tools, the right size tools whether metric or standard, and take my time. The diff screws or holes in the diff case are an issue in my opinion regardless of skill level. 2 out of my 3 diffs had issues. I needed screws to replace the stripped ones, hobby shop didn't have them so I was forced to buy two complete TLR332001 hd diff assemblies just for the screws.
bigbeej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 02:23 PM   #1604
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda-PR View Post
Or how about 1 of these...
http://ca.bibtocrib.com/matchbox?ggkey=matchbox
BDRMBULLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 02:57 PM   #1605
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbeej View Post
This is the 2nd time the newbie comment has come up. While this is likely true in some cases I have built well over 15-20 kits from 10th-8th scale. I use quality tools, the right size tools whether metric or standard, and take my time. The diff screws or holes in the diff case are an issue in my opinion regardless of skill level. 2 out of my 3 diffs had issues. I needed screws to replace the stripped ones, hobby shop didn't have them so I was forced to buy two complete TLR332001 hd diff assemblies just for the screws.
You shop doesnt carry part LOSB3591? Should ask them to but I would also contact CS and they can send you the screws.
TLR 22 3.0, TLR 22T 2.0, TLR 22SCT 2.0, TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0, TLR 8ight-E 4.0, DX6R
hacker07 is offline   Reply With Quote