R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree4Likes

Old 03-07-2013, 07:45 PM   #1516
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by roberto_1029 View Post
How important is it it clean the parts that say to use motor spray in the manual? I do not have any, so is there an alternative I can get from autozone or walmart?
If it wasn't important to clean those parts, it wouldn't mention it in the manual.

CRC makes an electronics cleaner called "Electromotive" (it's the same thing as rc motor cleanser and about half the price).

It's available at any autoparts store.
"With verbal bullying, the goal is still to degrade and demean the victim, while making the aggressor look dominant and powerful. This can be especially problematic when the aggressor is an authority figure, as they think their actions can't be questioned." ~ Guide To Bullying

Last edited by pablo040; 03-07-2013 at 08:08 PM.
pablo040 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:12 PM   #1517
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hacker07 View Post
The SCTE 2.0 was the first surface product in TLR to be shipped on this program. We tested it and it turns out, the track owners could not get the product which is what is best for the consumer. For the immediate future, such as the 8 3.0, TLR will not be part of this program any longer. We are working on something that works for the tracks. We were going to pull the SCTE 2.0 off, but with less than a week, and the fact it had already been communicated and advertised, it was left on the program. I apologize for the confusion, but I was taking all of your feedback and also tracks feedback and putting a case together which helps future TLR products.
i am at a loss here!! what do you mean pull the SCTE 2.0 off the Program? are you speaking of the partner program that losi/horizon offers?
Old 03-07-2013, 08:40 PM   #1518
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphite07 View Post
i am at a loss here!! what do you mean pull the SCTE 2.0 off the Program? are you speaking of the partner program that losi/horizon offers?
he was talking about the horizon certified partner program witch lets certain shops get kits 2 weeks earlier than everyone else
shawn213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:04 PM   #1519
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn213 View Post
he was talking about the horizon certified partner program witch lets certain shops get kits 2 weeks earlier than everyone else
thank you for the answer. that's not fair to Hobby shops that does not have the certified partner program!

i hope mine comes next week.
Old 03-07-2013, 09:18 PM   #1520
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
thank you for the answer. that's not fair to Hobby shops that does not have the certified partner program!

yeah i know what you are talking about mine should be here next week also. my LHS has always supported losi 100% it is really nice just to stop by the shop and pick up what ever parts you need rather then having them order them or ordering it your self. the owner of the shop was seriously concidering not supporting them anymore after this whole thing .
Old 03-07-2013, 09:27 PM   #1521
Tech Apprentice

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn213 View Post
yeah i know what you are talking about mine should be here next week also. my LHS has always supported losi 100% it is really nice just to stop by the shop and pick up what ever parts you need rather then having them order them or ordering it your self. the owner of the shop was seriously concidering not supporting them anymore after this whole thing .
In all fairness to tlr/horizon i can see why they would want to try the program. it was meant to reward shops that pushed horizon products. but i think it is doing more harm than good. it is hurting the smaller shops. i know if it were my shop and i couldn't get the kit the same time as other shops in your area i would push a diffrent product.
Old 03-07-2013, 09:33 PM   #1522
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Let me know how it goes TCCustoms, I'm hoping its an awesome motor that I won't even care about The HD but time will tell! Let me know where you end up on your pinion gear. 14 always seemed to be where I was at on the 1.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCCustoms View Post
Freely
+1...Coming from the HW4700 to the 4000 so we will see what all the hype is about since everyone says 4000 is more efficient and you can gear them alittle more
yz167 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:43 PM   #1523
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

any word on the parts? Anyone? lol
Old 03-07-2013, 09:48 PM   #1524
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

And done.

Still gotta chop the rear bumper and I lost my wheel nuts somewhere along the way... Hmmmm...

4lbs 5oz roller. 1.5lbs for tires, body and lipo so it'll be just under 6lbs or just over 6lbs with a 550. I left the motor leads a little long to reach for a longer can motor just in case.
Old 03-07-2013, 10:13 PM   #1525
Tech Master

So while trying to assemble the front diff. the screw heads stripped cause the diff. case holes were too tight!, what's up w/ that???
Old 03-07-2013, 10:32 PM   #1526
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRated SCT View Post
So while trying to assemble the front diff. the screw heads stripped cause the diff. case holes were too tight!, what's up w/ that???

Yup i could of told you that one ! Hope you have a drill and a bit to get the strip one out .

Best thing to do is get the HPI screws the M2 ones i forgot the part number . But i used some tonight on my diffs and there much better omg big too ! You will still need to pretread the HD diff holes of course still.

Hobby Hut offroad, Mushroom bowl offroad, Fun Center raceway.
GS HOBBY , Stormer Hobbies, Amain Hobbies, RRP Hobby .
tc5 man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:36 PM   #1527
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
Yup i could of told you that one ! Hope you have a drill and a bit to get the strip one out .

Best thing to do is get the HPI screws the M2 ones i forgot the part number . But i used some tonight on my diffs and there much better omg big too ! You will still need to pretread the HD diff holes of course still.
Yeah what I did was put the screw in the female side of the diff. case and try to pre thread it and about 1/2 way the screw head stripped, I got the screws out no problem but I'm pretty upset how tight the female end was causing the heads to strip
Old 03-07-2013, 10:37 PM   #1528
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yz167 View Post
Let me know how it goes TCCustoms, I'm hoping its an awesome motor that I won't even care about The HD but time will tell! Let me know where you end up on your pinion gear. 14 always seemed to be where I was at on the 1.0
You wont be disapointed with the hw 4k. If you have any questions regarding the motor etc please pm me.
Blitzrockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:44 PM   #1529
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRated SCT View Post
Yeah what I did was put the screw in the female side of the diff. case and try to pre thread it and about 1/2 way the screw head stripped, I got the screws out no problem but I'm pretty upset how tight the female end was causing the heads to strip

Thats good that you got them out .
I did not go that way for me mostly because i did not have a drill.

Il be honest the screws that come with the diffs are not that good.

Hobby Hut offroad, Mushroom bowl offroad, Fun Center raceway.
GS HOBBY , Stormer Hobbies, Amain Hobbies, RRP Hobby .
tc5 man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:46 PM   #1530
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

What's your go to pinion size?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzrockey View Post
You wont be disapointed with the hw 4k. If you have any questions regarding the motor etc please pm me.
yz167 is offline   Reply With Quote