Wiki Posts
Search

Losi scte or Team Ddurango desc410

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 07:14 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Losi scte or Team Ddurango desc410

I really stuck on witch truck to buy really would like some feed back.Looking for a really good racer but i can still drive it in the back yard with out it breaking.Just a note part support for both kits is not a problem for me.
Old 01-27-2013, 07:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 4tec44
I really stuck on witch truck to buy really would like some feed back.Looking for a really good racer but i can still drive it in the back yard with out it breaking.Just a note part support for both kits is not a problem for me.
For both racing and bashing, the SCTE hands down. The Durango should never leave a track, ever. It's just not durable.
Old 01-27-2013, 07:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 223 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 4tec44
I have owned a couple SCTE's, good truck but still has its issues although..
I can not recall a 410 that has been to our track and has not broke during its runs.

I bet the 410 in the right hands is a sweet ride but for your avg racer the SCTE seems to be the better choice
Old 01-27-2013, 07:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by T. Herwig
For both racing and bashing, the SCTE hands down. The Durango should never leave a track, ever. It's just not durable.
I know several very good drivers who have durability issues even on the track :P

I drive mostly durango now (desc210, dex210, dex410) but I refuse to sell my SCTE... it's just too good of a truck. TQ and win the other night on a tight technical track against mostly durango's and sc10 4x4s. I see guys wrenching constantly on the 410 and sc10 and I feel bad so I pretend to do some work, I wiggle my turnbuckles make sure there are no binds and check my shock screws clean my tires and go back out for more racing :P

On a outdoor or large 1/8 scale track, it's not even an option the losi by a mile. The only other truck that has my eye is the tekno 4x4, but it's really new and I'm sure will have some growing pains and part issues for a while. I'd be careful though as I think they are about to release a 'updated' scte but not much more than getting one now adding the TLR kit and swapping the diff cups wouldn't also get you.

Last edited by 8ight-e; 01-27-2013 at 07:44 PM.
Old 01-27-2013, 07:41 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I've had both and prefer the desc v2. The losi is based off of a 1/8th scale platform which makes it more durable than the true 1/10th scale Durango. I have raced the desc v2 in 6 races now and have only broke one hinge pin due to hitting a4x4 post at full speed, so that was my fault. And I have had multiple people and their kids running mine through my yard and haven't had any issues. So if you want one to beat the snot out of the losi is your truck, but if you want a good all around handling truck the desc v2 is nice.
Old 01-27-2013, 07:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Owned a losi for 6 months, it drove great, but wore out faster than any rc i have ever owned.... Just got the Tekno, and it is light-years ahead in quality over the losi scte, and IMHO it drives better, and is certainly more durable, but not that durability is an issue with the losi.....
Old 01-27-2013, 07:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by symmetricon
Owned a losi for 6 months, it drove great, but wore out faster than any rc i have ever owned.... Just got the Tekno, and it is light-years ahead in quality over the losi scte, and IMHO it drives better, and is certainly more durable, but not that durability is an issue with the losi.....
Agreed.. you need to replace the 5.00 bag of turnbuckle ends 2x per year and maybe even swap the ball's every year or so (no need to get the HDs). The front inner pin on the cvd will wear, so that you replace 1x per year as well 19.00 part. So unless you break stuff or drive really bad expect to spend at least 30 a year to freshen it up. Don't worry about a little slop though, thats when losi's are their fastest. If those rod ends don't fall off, magic! Run it and win!

Nothing else wears much unless you crash a ton then all bets are off. But way more durable than most
Old 01-27-2013, 08:20 PM
Tech Prophet

Boy well if you race outdoors on a large outdoor track stay far away for the Durango i would know i raced with a guy who owned one he would break everytime he was running it ! Grated hes a aggressive driver and that truck likes to be babyied. The SCTE is the best bet.

However on a indoor track or a small to meduim size outdoor track the Durango would rock on it and would hold up .
Old 01-27-2013, 08:25 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by T. Herwig

I can agree with the SCTE for Racing and Bashing thats why i remmended to a guy on here to not buy the Slash 4x4 Ultimate because its overpriced. I disagree on the Durango part yea on large outdoor tracks they suck and will break looking at them lol.

on smaller tracks there pretty dam good and hold up.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Originally Posted by 8ight-e
I know several very good drivers who have durability issues even on the track :P

I drive mostly durango now (desc210, dex210, dex410) but I refuse to sell my SCTE... it's just too good of a truck. TQ and win the other night on a tight technical track against mostly durango's and sc10 4x4s. I see guys wrenching constantly on the 410 and sc10 and I feel bad so I pretty tend to do some work, I wiggle my turnbuckles make sure there are no binds and check my shock screws clean my tires and go back out for more racing :P

On a outdoor or large 1/8 scale track, it's not even an option the losi by a mile. The only other truck that has my eye is the tekno 4x4, but it's really new and I'm sure will have some growing pains and part issues for a while. I'd be careful though as I think they are about to release a 'updated' scte but not much more than getting one now adding the TLR kit and swapping the diff cups wouldn't also get you.
That's funny i pretend to wrench while the Durango and AE guys are doing surgery.. Lol losi definitely got there 4x4 right awesomeness
Old 01-29-2013, 09:02 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Thanks for the feed back-John
Old 02-10-2013, 01:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Take it from a Durango owner....go with losi. Parts availability is much better...plus you can beat the hell out of it. Wish I would have gotten a losi but didn't want to double up on sct tires.