Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Mugen MBX6 Eco LIPO >

Mugen MBX6 Eco LIPO

Mugen MBX6 Eco LIPO

Old 01-22-2013, 08:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Yeah, my order finger has been itching for some time now on the board

First charge of the day is the only place I see it useful also. I get by fine charging at 1c to maybe 10a one at a time though. Just waiting for your first shot of juice in the packs stinks and the board would fix that.

For my PS I use a...
wait for it... wait for it...

Hobbyking 540w 30a PS
Old 01-23-2013, 02:48 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by fq06
Yeah, my order finger has been itching for some time now on the board

First charge of the day is the only place I see it useful also. I get by fine charging at 1c to maybe 10a one at a time though. Just waiting for your first shot of juice in the packs stinks and the board would fix that.

For my PS I use a...
wait for it... wait for it...

Hobbyking 540w 30a PS
hahahaha... the board is superb! i'm loving the way its carefully planned out for safety. anyway, i'm hoping to make full use of the 24V47amp PSU i've ordered from feathermerchant! Its super cheap.... USD110 if you are in the USA.. oh btw... its going to be 1000W of power...
Old 01-23-2013, 07:16 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by d_scientist
hahahaha... the board is superb! i'm loving the way its carefully planned out for safety. anyway, i'm hoping to make full use of the 24V47amp PSU i've ordered from feathermerchant! Its super cheap.... USD110 if you are in the USA.. oh btw... its going to be 1000W of power...
That's a fantastic deal on a PS. My friend has a Hyperion and looking for a stronger PS... just sent that link to him... thanx!

Old 01-23-2013, 11:49 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default Several

I keep several batteries on hand to limit my charging at the track. I have a PS and am ready to do so if I need, but I run nitro as well and it makes for a hectic day.

I have: 2 4S 6400mah Orion Carbon Tech 90C - These are my best batteries that I am currently running; good run time and excellent punch. 2 2S 6600mah Nanotechs - My second best combination I would say and get GOOD run time. 1 4S 5300mah Venom - first purchase (local) until other batteries came in. Good run time and decent punch.

Looking to maybe step up to a max amps 5S next.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:21 PM
Tech Adept

That's a fantastic deal on a PS. My friend has a Hyperion and looking for a stronger PS... just sent that link to him... thanx!

fq,

Just wondering how you ensure ur batteries are properly charged and balanced if the voltages are different during parallel charging?
Old 01-23-2013, 10:38 PM
Tech Champion

Haven't bothered with parallel charge. I run the SCT class and also 1/10 4x buggy. Haven't picked up the board to charge multi packs.

2s sticks don't take too long from storage, maybe 15 min. Saddle pack takes about the same.
As said... its a drag to wait for the initial charge at the track but once you are running not a problem if you have 3 or more sticks. May get a board for that reason alone to get all packs from storage to charged fast. Powerlab will read all packs separate and do it's job with the board.

But if your packs are all on storage charge and they all go on charge when you get to the track, you can go to a 4.1v (4.0?) charge and go run them. Then your in your rotation and should be good to go with a regular balance charge.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:00 PM
Tech Adept

Haven't bothered with parallel charge. I run the SCT class and also 1/10 4x buggy. Haven't picked up the board to charge multi packs.

2s sticks don't take too long from storage, maybe 15 min. Saddle pack takes about the same.
As said... its a drag to wait for the initial charge at the track but once you are running not a problem if you have 3 or more sticks. May get a board for that reason alone to get all packs from storage to charged fast. Powerlab will read all packs separate and do it's job with the board.

But if your packs are all on storage charge and they all go on charge when you get to the track, you can go to a 4.1v (4.0?) charge and go run them. Then your in your rotation and should be good to go with a regular balance charge.
Oh, the power lab checks each and every pack to ensure they are all the same? that sounds.... AWESOME!
Old 01-23-2013, 11:08 PM
Tech Champion

Check their site for the info. Didn't really check it out cuz I didn't feel the need for it running 1 pack at a time and not needing to charge a ton of packs throughout the day.

But why have a board that links up to 6 packs balance leads to the charger? Would think that has to do with a balance charge right? Just a guess.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:11 PM
Tech Adept

Check their site for the info. Didn't really check it out cuz I didn't feel the need for it running 1 pack at a time and not needing to charge a ton of packs throughout the day.

But why have a board that links up to 6 packs balance leads to the charger? Would think that has to do with a balance charge right? Just a guess.
the manual is 83 pages long... hahahaha.. so i've gone and did something a dumb ass like me do. post a Question to John of revolectrix! HAHAHAH

Let's see what he replies
Old 01-24-2013, 06:31 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by d_scientist
fq,

Just wondering how you ensure ur batteries are properly charged and balanced if the voltages are different during parallel charging?
Good question.
I haven't tried either methods, but it makes sense to charge in series as opposed to parallel due to the fact that the cells cannot be balanced during parallel charging.