Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MBX7e

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 08:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thebizz
Don't know if you guys converting the 7 have seen this. Maybe give you guys some more options.
http://www.nitrohouse.com/Tim-Bump-M...erer=mailid:31
Hard to tell from just the photos but a few observations raise a few questions.

Chassis appears to share the same width as the ECO and not as wide as the 7. Combine this with the balance that is achieved using a 3S pack vs 4S.

The nitro 7 moves the center diff slightly to the right (compared to the 6 platform), moving the nitro motor over as well. When converting using a 7 nitro chassis, if you maintain the battery tray distance as that on the ECO (in relation to the center diff position), you are also moving the battery tray over slightly.

The 7's servo saver arm is angled to match the angle of the steering servo. Straightening the servo (like the ECO) now creates a slight angle variation in the servo horn to the servo saver arm. Granted, the EPA on your radio will compensate for this.

When converting my 7, I did my best to maintain the weight and balance of the nitro car and maintain use of the popular 4S/1900 battery motor combo. This meant leaving the center diff where it was and moving the battery tray over with it. I also felt that maintaining the steering servo linkage geometry was important in addition to gaining even a slight weight bias from the servo positioned slightly more to the right.

Last edited by vwduud; 03-06-2013 at 06:20 AM.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thebizz
Don't know if you guys converting the 7 have seen this. Maybe give you guys some more options.
http://www.nitrohouse.com/Tim-Bump-M...erer=mailid:31
Nice! I'd like to do something similar to with my XB9..
Old 03-04-2013, 10:34 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vwduud
Hard to tell from just the photos but a few observations raise a few questions.

Chassis appears to share the same width as the ECO and not as wide as the 7. Combine this with the balance that is achieved using a 3S pack vs 4S.

The nitro 7 moves the center diff slightly to the right (compared to the 6 platform), moving the nitro motor over as well. When converting using a 7 nitro chassis, if you maintain the battery tray distance as that on the ECO, you are also moving the battery tray over slightly.

The 7's servo saver arm is angled to match the angle of the steering servo. Straightening the servo (like the ECO) now creates a slight angle variation in the servo horn to the servo saver arm. Granted, the EPA on your radio will compensate for this.

When converting my 7, I did my best to maintain the weight and balance of the nitro car and maintain use of the popular 4S/1900 battery motor combo. This meant leaving the center diff where it was and moving the battery tray over with it. I also felt that maintaining the steering servo linkage geometry was important in addition to gaining even a slight weight bias from the servo positioned slight more to the right.

I completely agree with you. When i converted mine i did it the way you had showed in the post. Here is a pic of mine.
Attached Thumbnails Mugen MBX7e-img_0152.jpg  
Old 03-05-2013, 06:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by billsharp34
I completely agree with you. When i converted mine i did it the way you had showed in the post. Here is a pic of mine.
Looks great. You're going to enjoy racing this car. Mine gets better with every race.

There are many nitro 7's in my area and now 2 more electric conversions. All looking good on the track and very durable.

Jim
Old 03-05-2013, 06:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Looks Nice. Price?
Old 03-05-2013, 03:47 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Ya its driving me crazy waiting to take it to the track.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by billsharp34
Ya its driving me crazy waiting to take it to the track.
What's the hold up?
Old 03-07-2013, 07:24 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi,
I've made the conversion like you. Thank you for sharing your project. First race these week. Im' looking forward ...
Old 03-07-2013, 08:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by intense82
Hi,
I've made the conversion like you. Thank you for sharing your project. First race these week. Im' looking forward ...
Post back how things go.

Where do you race?

I'm in the south - Louisiana and Mississippi.
Old 03-28-2013, 02:55 AM
Tech Initiate

Here's mine. It ran welded on the ground and i drive better than my mbx6. I can say now the conversion is a big improvement over my bx6 eco, better speed corner, better handling and stability. Thank you for sharing experience.

Old 04-05-2013, 01:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Here's my MBX7 Eco with Nitrohouse chassis. Still have to set camber, toe, and ride height. Stock Eco body fits perfect. Chassis looks great and fit is perfect. Build went quick as I was able to move motor, battery tray/ESC, center diff mount, radio tray from my MBX6 Eco. Can't wait to get it on the track.
Attached Thumbnails Mugen MBX7e-7ecobody.jpg   Mugen MBX7e-7ecochassis.jpg   Mugen MBX7e-7ecotop.jpg  
Old 04-07-2013, 05:16 AM
Tech Adept

Default nitro convert

Hi guys

I recently converted my 7, i have stayed with the 7 servo positioning. does anyone have a suggestion what radio box i can craft on from a different car, as im not keen on using a eco one with the bottom cut out.

Also found clearence for the rear of the motor to be close, i recall my old eco having a recess for the motor to allow for chassis flex. may need to releive the chassi so flex doesnt end in motor mounts breaking.

I liked the idea of moving the battery tray closer to the centre , as it allows slighter bigger capacity batterys with out get off balance.

Will
Old 04-07-2013, 08:38 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by WillF
Hi guys

I recently converted my 7, i have stayed with the 7 servo positioning. does anyone have a suggestion what radio box i can craft on from a different car, as im not keen on using a eco one with the bottom cut out.

Also found clearence for the rear of the motor to be close, i recall my old eco having a recess for the motor to allow for chassis flex. may need to releive the chassi so flex doesnt end in motor mounts breaking.

I liked the idea of moving the battery tray closer to the centre , as it allows slighter bigger capacity batterys with out get off balance.

Will
Why use a radiobox at all? I run my DEX408 the hole last season, no box and no problems at all. IŽll convert a MBX7 now and i wont us a box!
Old 04-07-2013, 11:12 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Will the Eco body fit on the converted 7?
Old 04-07-2013, 11:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 93 (99%+)

Originally Posted by 4ptss
Will the Eco body fit on the converted 7?
Yes, although because the 7 is wider, it's a bit of a stretch.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.