R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 06-30-2013, 04:16 PM   #16
Tech Rookie

I just bought and installed a brushless system in my dominus. Also changed oil to 40w in shocks. This truck is great. Plenty of speed and handling for the track imo. I have done all the mods- brushless system, shock oil/adjust, etc that was recommended on two other popular sites. I'm totally happy with this truck and do well at the local track. Just a novice but a very happy one with the dominus.
mdb801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 11:02 AM   #17
Tech Initiate

I actually have the hellion dominus 10tr and I put a mmp esc with a tekin pro 2 5100kv motor and a savox servo in. changed out the tires and this thing is fast on the track! After 2 seasons my rear diff wore out so I rebuilt both front and rear diffs, I did notice a little bit of free play so I bought the team associated shims part #asc1733 and shimmed the ring gear closer to the pinion and raced all year on it and its still doin great!

at our local track there a several of the hellion brand trucks running while I admit that the "traxxas" is better I have way less $ into my truggy then I would have into any other brand and I feel that my truck is just as competitive! Just my opinion!
associated guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 11:05 AM   #18
Tech Initiate

As far as slipper clutches go they released a slipper clutch for the truggy awhile ago. The reason why the pinion from ur 10tr will not fit the slipper for the dominus is cause the sct uses a different tooth count and the center hole is larger on the 10sc.
Old 10-08-2013, 12:27 PM   #19
Tech Initiate

I just got a Dominus 10SC for my 10yo son. Are there any inexpensive speed upgrades I can do? I am brand new in this sport btw. Be gentle.
phred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 05:05 AM   #20
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to tdevilman420

ive got the 10sc sittin here got it dirt cheap im runnin a novak 17.5 setup an have had no broken parts on a 3s 5000 mah batt olny thing i did was rebuild the diffs an shocks were leakin bad other than that im gonna get another
tdevilman420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 08:29 PM   #21
Tech Initiate

yea some cheap speed upgrades you can do right away is upgrade the battery pack. I put the venom 5000mah 8.4 volt nimh battery pack make sure ti invest in a good charger as well! A good cheap one that will be a great investment would be the radiant primal charger. When you wanna go really fast look into the radiant reaktor brushless system they sell for 99.99 I actuall bout one for my wifes 10sc and it works great!!!
Old 10-11-2013, 05:02 PM   #22
Tech Initiate

Thanks. I did get a 5000mah this weekend. We took it to a local area outdoor rc track and it was pretty fast for my 10yo boy. I think if it would hook up better it would be fast enough. As for durability, we had no problems at all after three batteries worth of bashing it around this track. The steering trim would have to be adjusted amost after every lap. Is that normal?
Old 10-11-2013, 07:40 PM   #23
Tech Rookie

I have had my helion10sc for about a year 1/2 and I love the truck. This thing is tuff I have broken the bumpers but nothing else. My truck does have a traxxas servo, slipper clutch and the brushless system that comes in the truggy 100.00 bucks for the brushless good deal. Never having this setup on a track I can't say anything about that it is my basher and I do bet this truck I think it is a good buy for a basher.
C bar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 12:02 AM   #24
Tech Rookie

Hi new to the site and to rc cars. Anyway I brought a 10tr as a first car simply because its cheap as chips, ( 100 UK ). I've had no problems with its durability apart from losing an e-clip and upgrading the shock oil for a slightly heavier weight. It came with the Reactor brushless motor setup and ,even with the crappy battery it came with, it still comes up with the over current kicking in. Any suggestions on replacement esc's for use with the same motor and 2-3s looks.
qonqr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 06:57 PM   #25
Tech Initiate

hey qonqr Idk where you got it from but they do warranty the electronics for 90 days! If you do decide you want a new esc look into the castle creations sidewinder waterproof or if you arent gonna run it through water I would suggest the mamba max pro esc!
Old 10-12-2013, 07:00 PM   #26
Tech Initiate

C bar I woild check to make sure nothing is binding in the steering. I would also check your front steering knuckles there is plastic caps that screw in and keep the knuckle from coming off sometimes they put them too tight at the factory. You want just a little free play in them. Its great to hear that your son is having fun and if its to fast you can always turn down the end point in the radio!!
Old 10-12-2013, 10:33 PM   #27
Tech Rookie

Cheers AG :-D, Ive done a bit of searching aound and it seems to be a common problem with these esc's. I think I'm over the 90 day warranty so I'll do some shopping.
@ C bar, check the ride height too. I had mine set up high and this caused binding through the steering rack.
Old 10-17-2013, 06:23 AM   #28
Tech Initiate

Is there a list of aftermarket parts not made by Helion that will work on the 10SC? The reason I ask is that I bought a used Velineon brushless motor and don't know of the gearing with fit ect...ect... I have never changed out a motor/esc before.
Old 10-28-2013, 09:14 AM   #29
Tech Rookie

I don't know about aftermarket stuff/spares, that are not Helion. It could be a case of experimenting with other brands. I still use the original esc, but now 3S lipos not only tear it along but get it warm so a fan is needed. Also a slipper clutch will be on the must do list. I've no idea where to get one from so I'll buy a couple and see what I can monkey together.
Old 10-28-2013, 09:18 AM   #30
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

I also heard that RPM is gonna start making parts for the Helion line
Sponsored Links