Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Just wanted to share a video of my Traxxas Rustler being chased. >

Just wanted to share a video of my Traxxas Rustler being chased.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Just wanted to share a video of my Traxxas Rustler being chased.

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 08:40 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Just wanted to share a video of my Traxxas Rustler being chased.

Hi guys, I don't post a lot on this forum, but I wanted to share my first go pro rc video. I mounted the camera to the front of my old brushed rustler, facing rearward, and filmed my dog chasing it.

I think its pretty neat, lmk what you think. Also, any other suggestions of things you'd like to see? I thought about mounting the camera low on a 1/1 chase vehicle and filming a high speed run on an empty highway, or maybe a drive off a dock into a lake. I'm definitely getting an onboard 20ft high jump video soon, So many possibilities.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18xptynCJ7Q

Thanks.
Old 01-06-2013, 11:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (97%+)

That is pretty cool. Good exercise for the dog too!!
Old 01-06-2013, 11:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

You realize that the driving off a dock into a lake idea isn't a very good idea...
Old 01-06-2013, 12:10 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 248 (100%+)

Cool video. Even more cool about the Pound Puppy. Our Pit mix was a Pound Puppy that was in a same situation. He had been there for 6months and was scheduled to be put down the next day. We did not know that until we decided we were taking him. He can most often be found being a pillow for my teen while laying around. One of the best dang dog ever!
Old 01-06-2013, 02:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

looked like the rear shocks are stiff, what are you running for shock oil/spring rate?
Old 01-06-2013, 03:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Haha sweet vid! dogs + rc = priceless! And you nailed it, video possibilities are endless with the GoPro cams...
Old 01-08-2013, 06:55 PM
Tech Rookie

Yeah its amazing how the rescue pound puppies turn out to be some of the best ones, such loving dogs! My girlfriend fosters them as well, so its good to see them saved often.

As far as setup, I have no idea what the shocks are, but they definitely could benefit from lighter oil. I bought the rustler used as a complete roller minus esc and radio for 40 bucks, and have been bashing the heck out of it. I put my speedhawg tires on it and pretty much left it alone. Its been so reliable I've just let it ride.

VW addict, I don't see what it would hurt to jump it into a lake, the electronics are waterproof and the camera is in a waterproof case. I was actually driving it thru a creek the other day with the camera on and the truck was swept away by the current. It went mostly under water and was caught on film. If I can find a way to weigh down a 4wd truck, it'd be neat to get a video driving on a lake floor. Maybe soon.

Thanks for the feedback guys!
Old 01-13-2013, 08:40 PM
Tech Rookie

Got some neat shots onboard my MT4 G3 doing backflips against a chain link fence today, let me know what you think guys. Im going to build a ramp leading up to my solid wooden fence and shoot for 20 ft vertical on film next

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffciF...e=youtube_gdat