Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
JQ THE CAR - THE Electric: here it comes! >

JQ THE CAR - THE Electric: here it comes!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JQ THE CAR - THE Electric: here it comes!

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 10:19 AM
Tech Champion

Default JQ THE CAR electric - THE eCar: here it comes!

You might think this picture doesn't say much.. But, YES it does. THE Car will have its electric version this year!

Driveshafts in a straight line, composite spur, weight a bit more in the back to tame its response a bit, diff can still be removed quickly just like the nitro version too..

I'm racing a converted JQ since two years and I tell you this will be competitive out of the box! THE car an awesome driving machine and since the yellow version, it's bulletproof. Add the electric capability and now you can make a HIT

Last edited by Pulse_; 06-21-2013 at 11:14 AM.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (98%+)

I like it a lot looks very nice... Are those female bullets soldered on the motor??
Old 01-05-2013, 10:26 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by TurboTim
I like it a lot looks very nice... Are those female bullets soldered on the motor??
exactly

I talked about in on the JQ thread already in the nitro section but..

The motor mount just looks like the prototype version I have:

This mount was made in France by GBS Usinages. I'm testing it since a few months now. I hope a composite spur will fit but it looks like it on the picture. With the prototype I'm obliged to run a metal spur. It's a very good thing we will still be able to retire the center diff quickly.

It's a good thing JQ based the design rather on eliterc than rcmonster, I had MANY troubles with the last one.

The tekno one is good too (I will mount it in the next few days):

Last edited by Pulse_; 01-05-2013 at 10:43 AM.
Old 01-05-2013, 11:44 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 440 (99%+)

Looks like a promising pic.
Old 01-05-2013, 11:59 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

The car in the photos has the offset "8ight" style rear gearbox. Will the electric version have a conventional one to allow for a straight front driveshaft? Or an offset front gearbox?
Old 01-05-2013, 12:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I like it. Is that a picture from JQ or is that yours? When is it gonna be released? Been thinking about a buggy.
Old 01-05-2013, 01:07 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by craigsfocus
I like it. Is that a picture from JQ or is that yours? When is it gonna be released? Been thinking about a buggy.
Not mine, a Team JQ driver posted it on the nitro section and you can find it on JQ Facebook page too.. but I don't have (need ) Facebook

The date of release hasn't been announced yet sorry
Old 01-06-2013, 03:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Pulse_
Not mine, a Team JQ driver posted it on the nitro section and you can find it on JQ Facebook page too.. but I don't have (need ) Facebook

The date of release hasn't been announced yet sorry
I liked their Facebook so I can get updates if they post its release. I have been watching videos on Youtube about THE Car, it looks like a solid performer as a Nitro buggy. So I will definitely be interested in purchasing an Electric one. I wonder what the price is gonna be? I thought about snatching up a Yellow Edition (the $299 Deal) then converting it over to Electric, maybe that would be more affordable than the Electric one when it comes out, maybe not.
Old 01-06-2013, 05:18 PM
Tech Champion

I liked their Facebook so I can get updates if they post its release. I have been watching videos on Youtube about THE Car, it looks like a solid performer as a Nitro buggy. So I will definitely be interested in purchasing an Electric one. I wonder what the price is gonna be? I thought about snatching up a Yellow Edition (the $299 Deal) then converting it over to Electric, maybe that would be more affordable than the Electric one when it comes out, maybe not.
The problem is: tekno discontinued the V4 conversion for the JQ which is (was) the best on the market. The rcmonster conversion has a weak design, I tested it extensively in racing and the motor mount kept moving even with hundreds precautions. So I would have said go for a yellow IF there was still a V4 conversion. But now, I would wait till the electric JQ comes out. I don't see it being sold for 500$, I hope it will be less. IMO JQ will sell it around 450$, same price as the associated rc8.2e
Old 01-06-2013, 05:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by TurboTim
Looks like an easy way to short out the phases on the motor can from that pic.

Ill be keeping up with this, always liked the concept behind the car, but didn't want to deal with a conversion. I hope they make the electric version have different anodizing color options like the nitro.
Old 01-06-2013, 05:26 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Pulse_
The problem is: tekno discontinued the V4 conversion for the JQ which is (was) the best on the market. The rcmonster conversion has a weak design, I tested it extensively in racing and the motor mount kept moving even with hundreds precautions. So I would have said go for a yellow IF there was still a V4 conversion. But now, I would wait till the electric JQ comes out. I don't see it being sold for 500$, I hope it will be less. IMO JQ will sell it around 450$, same price as the associated rc8.2e
I seen that amain was Out of Stock on the Tekno V4 Conversion. I don't see it being sold for $500 either. Usually the Electric counter-part to a Nitro car is cheaper than the Nitro. I guess I will wait until they release it. Maybe by then I will be back home.
Old 01-06-2013, 05:32 PM
Tech Champion

I seen that amain was Out of Stock on the Tekno V4 Conversion. I don't see it being sold for $500 either. Usually the Electric counter-part to a Nitro car is cheaper than the Nitro. I guess I will wait until they release it. Maybe by then I will be back home.
It's not only out of stock, they stopped the production . You can look on tekno's website, you won't find the v4 for the JQ. I regret it because I have one of the last tekno v4 kit available, I will mount it soon. If I need a spare, no idea what I will do.
Old 01-06-2013, 05:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by The Captain
Looks like an easy way to short out the phases on the motor can from that pic.

Ill be keeping up with this, always liked the concept behind the car, but didn't want to deal with a conversion. I hope they make the electric version have different anodizing color options like the nitro.
Just Speculating here. But this appears to be the motor they have in the picture. So maybe they are going with that motor/esc combo.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...r-Combo-2200kV
Old 01-06-2013, 09:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hopefully there is a kit version without electronics.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

It looks like the layout might be similar to the EB48 with the motor way back and other electronics in front of it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.