Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
My Duratrax DXR8-E Pro-Roller Kit (Pics inside) >

My Duratrax DXR8-E Pro-Roller Kit (Pics inside)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

My Duratrax DXR8-E Pro-Roller Kit (Pics inside)

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 06:00 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default My Duratrax DXR8-E Pro-Roller Kit (Pics inside)

I received this kit for Christmas as a gift from my wife. Thanks Babydoll. I painted the body with Pactra Metallic Silver, and Smoke tint on the windows. Under the shell lies a Mamba Monster 2650kV combo, a Futaba S3305 MG servo, and a Turnigy 4500mAH 30-40C 4s hard-case lipo.
Attached Thumbnails My Duratrax DXR8-E Pro-Roller Kit (Pics inside)-dxr8-e-1-.jpg   My Duratrax DXR8-E Pro-Roller Kit (Pics inside)-dxr8-e-2-.jpg   My Duratrax DXR8-E Pro-Roller Kit (Pics inside)-dxr8-e-3-.jpg  
Old 01-05-2013, 07:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Nice buggy, I have been looking into one of them.. How do you like it overall. Like does it feel cheap, anything you don't like, etc?
Old 01-05-2013, 08:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Looks good man! I really like that body. 1/8 electric is an absolute blast.
Old 01-06-2013, 10:54 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by racerkilla
Nice buggy, I have been looking into one of them.. How do you like it overall. Like does it feel cheap, anything you don't like, etc?
The DXR8-E seems like a solid 1/8 e-buggy in my opinion. I own a Caster EX-1 4wd e-buggy, and I have raced it a few times. The Duratrax seems just as nimble and fast as the Caster is in that regard. Durability-wise, I see that the DXR8-E is basically all composite except for a few critical aluminum pieces in what seems like the right places. Most racers probably would like to see an aluminum motor mount bolted to and aluminum chassis, but from what I can tell, there is no back and forth play when I grab the motor and tug on it. It seems to be a very rigid, and sturdy design thus far. Composite is light, durable, and good for racing in my opinion. I haven't weighed it yet, but it does honestly feel lighter than my Caster. I did see that the bell-crank has 5X10 bushings instead of bearings. That made me wonder why didn't they use bearings in such a critical place as the steering, yet they used bearings in the sway bars? Haha..That's a cheap and easy mod to do though. As far as modifications go, I would just buy the "tall" machined shock towers, the aluminum motor cam plate, the optional sway bars, and the cool looking anodized aluminum wheel nuts that come in either blue or black. One nice thing I noticed about the DXR8-E is that it has gob amounts of steering. So much in fact, that racers will have to tune down the steering end-point settings. Lot's of tunability in this car. The diffs are way easy to access, and they don't leak! From a price/durability/tunability standpoint, I think if anyone who is looking for a well-rounded racing buggy to race with, this buggy should be one to consider in the list of choices. I have no doubt that the DXR8-E will run with, or beat, the Losi, HPI, Caster, Associated, or Serpent e-buggies.
Old 01-06-2013, 11:13 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks for the compliments! I heard that the Tekno buggy body may be a positive match for fitment on the DXR8-E? If so, I'd love to grab a couple to paint. Anyone care to confirm?
Old 01-07-2013, 01:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

The Tekno EB48 body is too narrow for the DXR8-E... I own both.
Old 01-07-2013, 01:24 AM
Tech Champion

Nice buggy! I really like the body

For racing I would rather run your motor in 3S or change for a 1900/2000kv in 4S
Old 01-07-2013, 04:23 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Pulse_
Nice buggy! I really like the body

For racing I would rather run your motor in 3S or change for a 1900/2000kv in 4S
+2
Old 01-07-2013, 04:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

I have an SPC 3s 5000mAH lipo, but unfortunately it's a soft pack. I have ran a few laps with that battery and my 2650kV motor in my Caster buggy at the Space Coast track in Cocoa. It seemed perfect for the conditions with 15/46 gearing. My tires weren't hooking up though, so the track owner let me try out his JC Goosebumps, and it really hooked up. I really want to try out the DXR8-E on that track, but it's too new to get beat up just yet, lol.
Old 07-15-2016, 03:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

It's been forever but I'm planning on dusting mine off and taking it to the track for a spin after 2+ years of hiatus. Really surprised that Tower Hobbies still carry plenty of parts for this buggy... Gonna see how well the new chassis holds up...