Community
Wiki Posts
Search

best option?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 11:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I guess you got that one scte that didn't require any cvd pins replaced, bent chassis, blown out mini wheel bearings or had any diff or other drive line parts make you get your tools out at the track, you are fortunate.

And I don't really know how to drive so the conversion suits me well

Funny how OP's post got to a defend his ride topic... I was just suggesting something that's a little outside the mainstream stuff you find at the lhs.
And back on topic, what do you think about the price of said deal?

Last edited by fq06; 01-02-2013 at 11:15 PM.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fq06
I guess you got that one scte that didn't require any cvd pins replaced, bent chassis, blown out mini wheel bearings or had any diff or other drive line parts make you get your tools out at the track, you are fortunate.

And I don't really know how to drive so the conversion suits me well
Maybe because when I first got my truck I put lock tight on set screws for cvd pins with shrink wrap over them. Put Rc8 long brace in rear. Avid bearings. HD out drives and glued in inserts for diffs"which is basically all Losi did with the new HD diff housings". Still running stock chassis after 2 years. I take my truck apart and clean and make sure everything is tight damn near after every race or practice session. I did alot of research and talked to alot of people before I bought my scte. That's why I didn't buy one until they were out for a year. I've been into Rc since 87 so I have learned alot over the years on making things last.
Old 01-03-2013, 05:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

It's ridiculous how much money it costs to get the losi where it should have been from the factory. Mine was a money pit. It was an awesome truck after all the upgrades ($$$$$$), but it's unacceptable to put so many sub-par items on a kit that is race-oriented. Would rather have started off with a tlr kit, than to put almost $250 in it to get it to race-spec.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:07 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Originally Posted by huzzler
My scte pretty much is indestructible. Only thing I have ever broken is bumpers. But I guess if you don't know how to drive you will break stuff. No matter what "conversion" you drive.
+1. I haven't broken a thing on mine either.