Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pit Bag/Hauler

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 11:43 PM
Tech Master

Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora La Reina de Los Ángeles del Río de Porciúncula, California, Unites States of America
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

I've recently bought the ofna bag and have no idea why I waited so long to get a hauler like this, makes it so much easier to prep, carry and organize all my equipment. About a month in with it and am very happy. Construction looks good but we'll see how it holds up a year from now.
Old 03-05-2013, 02:17 AM
JsK
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bbarnhardt
i have a quick question. i have to team magic orange and black 1/10 bag. i really like it but it has cardboard boxes and i have seen a few other brands like the protek bags have plastic boxes. Does anyone know what kind of material there made out of? id like to make some plastic boxes for mine. thanks
Corrugated plastic, should be able to find it at any sign shop. Cut and staple together.
Old 03-05-2013, 02:26 AM
JsK
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JPKinsella
Hey guys I have been through the pit bag shuffle in the past couple of years.. I travel quiet alot so a good quallity hauler\locker is very inportant for me.. I have been though quite a few of these.. First stay away from the Jconcepts bags with the three plastic boxes after two plane rides seems busted boxes turned to mush email Jconcepts to buy replacement boxes they said NO... Next the protect,trinty,teammagic all the same bag first or secant trip came down bagage shout the tee handle broke right off even had one tee handle break off pulling it in wcrc on the door jam they just cant take the weight or abuse and you can not replace them they are permently riveted in the bag and you can't get parts.. so then I tried the pelican hard casses awsome, water, proof, tough, lockable not bad besides the weight they are hevy without stuuf inside could never get under 50lbs bam hit with a 100.00 baggage fee... there also is no dividers so you need to pack things in boxes.. Price was about 280.00 for a good size one so a little pricy also.. Then I pulled the trigger on the Hudy hauler bag this is the only bag I will know own super high quality six wheels awsome even in gravel.. Handle is a tiwn beam style super strong dose not stick out when colasped duradle as hell. The tool compartment is really thin to not wast space inside organizer come out easay to put on bench if wanted. boxes are the best built out of the toughest plastic I have seen the box shellves are felt lined so the boxes side super easay like there on ball bearings. two side pockets that can hold pit board, manuals, Ect huge..... Best part the parts are all avalible sepratly for anything that fails.. The bag is also very light wieght compared to the pelican no more 100.00 baggage fees...Zippers are big and super tough its got hard sides that protect stuff unlike the Ogio bags that are soft... It is pricy though about 320.00 pull the trigger if you can it will be the last hauler you will ever own IMO.......somebody really thought this bag out
Yes the Hudy is an awsome bag but do they even make it anymore? Everone
is sold out and on back order.
Old 11-23-2014, 02:26 PM
Tech Adept

Hi All,
I know this thread is pretty old, but I'm hoping to revive it briefly for some guidance on choosing the right bag for a Traxxas E-Revo. This truck is gigantic! I want a hauler-type bag that has the wheels, but none of the larger models I've been looking at seem to be big enough to hold the Revo - I'm measuring the space required to be about 16.5" wide and 24" long. So far the only bag that'd hold the truck without removing the wheels seems to be that Ogio model. Anyone know of another one that'd fit this truck?
Old 11-23-2014, 07:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sundevil67
Hi All,
I know this thread is pretty old, but I'm hoping to revive it briefly for some guidance on choosing the right bag for a Traxxas E-Revo. This truck is gigantic! I want a hauler-type bag that has the wheels, but none of the larger models I've been looking at seem to be big enough to hold the Revo - I'm measuring the space required to be about 16.5" wide and 24" long. So far the only bag that'd hold the truck without removing the wheels seems to be that Ogio model. Anyone know of another one that'd fit this truck?
You're other choice would be this:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXZVB3

Not as cool as the Hudy bag, but also not that expensive either. The bag above is fairly big, could be hard to transport in a car trunk if the car is small or has a small trunk.
Old 11-24-2014, 10:59 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Thanks for bumping this thread back to life. I've been super frustrated with the drawers sticking on my Trinity T8 bag and now that a couple of the zippers have gone out too, I'm in the market for a new bag. Time to start shopping!
Old 11-24-2014, 11:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I am also looking for one. I need it to hold 2 off road 1/10 scale stadium trucks and a bunch of stuff we feel we need at the track. The one mentioned above is not available. Any ideas?
Old 11-24-2014, 12:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

This
http://www.amain.com/protek-r-c-p-8-...-boxes/p143719

or an ogio 9800
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...rt=nc&LH_BIN=1

you can usually get an ogio at about $160 or less if you aren't choosy about which style it is and pick up a new but dicontinued design from ebay
Old 11-24-2014, 04:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by bigemike
This

or an ogio 9800

you can usually get an ogio at about $160 or less if you aren't choosy about which style it is and pick up a new but dicontinued design from ebay
I've been using the Protek bag for about six months and have zero complaints.
I also have the Proline bag. Quality wise the Proline bag is just a good.

However the Protek bag has more tool storage and is a little larger. I would buy the Protek bag again over the Proline bag for that reason. I would also recommend the Protek bag.
Old 11-24-2014, 05:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigemike
This

or an ogio 9800

you can usually get an ogio at about $160 or less if you aren't choosy about which style it is and pick up a new but discontinued design from ebay

After getting the Protek bag, I would definitely get that bag again! Good price, and great quality. If you have any problems with it A Main makes it right!
Old 11-24-2014, 05:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by 3srcracing
After getting the Protek bag, I would definitely get that bag again! Good price, and great quality. If you have any problems with it A Main makes it right!
I've read that it is not big enough for a short course truck. Can anyone confirm this? Does anyone know of a hauler bag that is IN STOCK that fits SC's?
Old 11-24-2014, 09:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

The Protek bag looks exactly like my Trinity T8, and I have tons of issues with sticking drawers and the zippers either sticking or breaking. Are there improvements made to it, or is it just the same thing rebranded?

http://rcforumz.com/chat/attachment....5&d=1283224477
Old 11-24-2014, 09:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jgins13
I've read that it is not big enough for a short course truck. Can anyone confirm this? Does anyone know of a hauler bag that is IN STOCK that fits SC's?
Give me the dimensions and I can measure my bag, you could also put your short course on top and secure it with the strap that's included.

Originally Posted by Pauly6401
The Protek bag looks exactly like my Trinity T8, and I have tons of issues with sticking drawers and the zippers either sticking or breaking. Are there improvements made to it, or is it just the same thing rebranded?

http://rcforumz.com/chat/attachment....5&d=1283224477
Looks similar to the Protek one, but in the year I have had my bag I haven't had any problems. Know a few that have had it for years and it looks like it's been through heck and back and still works great!
Old 11-24-2014, 10:13 PM
Tech Adept

Default Hauler Bag

The Hudy bag looks like it'd work for me...but I can't find anywhere within the US that actually stocks the thing. The Duratrax bag also looks like it'd work, but it looks really cumbersome and 'boxy' - dunno if that'd even fit in my car's trunk. I think the Ogio or other bag of a similar style might end up being the only viable option. The Protek is just a bit too small to hold the E-Revo too. I am surprised that Traxxas didn't come out with a case specifically for that truck given it's popularity...ah well. Thanks for all of the input everyone.
Old 11-25-2014, 11:17 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by 3srcracing
Give me the dimensions and I can measure my bag, you could also put your short course on top and secure it with the strap that's included.
I'm running the Tekno SCT410. According to the Tekno website, dimensions are Length: 530mm and Width: 296mm.

I didn't know the ProTek comes with a strap on top - that would certainly work. Thanks for the input!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.