Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dtx Evader

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2005, 03:35 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Dtx Evader

hey! people!.... any of u guys or gals have nitro/electric evaders?
Old 04-11-2005, 04:56 PM
Tech Rookie

Yeah I have a nitro evader st. I have had it for about 1 year. This car has been pretty decent so far. So far I haven't broken much on it except I accidently leaned the engine out too much and the piston rod kinda flew apart in the cylinder but now i am on my 2nd engine and it is runnnin great. I am guessin that you have one too?? Do you have any mods??
Old 04-11-2005, 05:41 PM
Tech Initiate

yea i got 1 lol it's an electric evader st, with alum bulk head, alum shock towers, alum Rear hubs, alum front hubs, alum hinge pin, alum tranny brace, alum battery strap, alum rear chassis brace, yellow ball cups, yellow shock bushings, yellow steering bellcrank, yellow bumper, yellow motor guard... it look purrty good in my eyes and it go's purrty fast 2! but the only problem i break chassis's and a-arms quite abit! but it's still fun!

i run proline original masher tires on rpm slingshot rims, with 2 gp3300 batts, and a custom painted bod by a pal on rcu....lol
Old 04-11-2005, 07:55 PM
Tech Rookie

I have an alum. rear shock tower and I put in an hpi 1/8th proceed tank in it. The stock one sucks because it leaks a lot of fuel and plus the proceed tank is 125cc. I am still deciding on what I want to put on it next.
Old 04-12-2005, 12:00 PM
Tech Initiate

sweet! man! how fast is the nitro evader stock?
Old 04-12-2005, 02:11 PM
Tech Rookie

I am guessin around 35-40 but i doubt that this is accurate. I am wanting to spend some money on the venom racing speed meter.
I am kinda trying to save my money because I am hoping to get into some 1/10th on-road stuff. How do you like your evader?

Last edited by JDuncan; 04-12-2005 at 02:19 PM.
Old 04-12-2005, 04:46 PM
Tech Initiate

lol yea that venom speed meter is preety sweet!, i'd like 1 but don't u need a 3ch radio 2 use it?.... cuase i only havea' 2ch! the futaba 2pl, but yea i like my evader at the starting 2 think "man i wish i never bought this" cuase it broke all the time like every other run! so if i run 8 batts it would break 4 times! but yea now i got all the alum and it doesn't break 2 much no more!, every once and a wile it does but not 2 offen! do u break ur evader ever?
Old 04-12-2005, 07:44 PM
Tech Rookie

yeah i have broken the rear shock tower on it twice. This was due to me running it without the body on and and it would flip from me hitting something and so it broke. After I broke the 2nd one i just decided to go with the alum. one. I also broke the front bumper from nose diving it into the pavement on my drive way. I accidently put the landing ramp way too far away and i figured out that platic and concrete dont get along.
Old 04-12-2005, 11:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

well, i hav a losi xxt , pretty close to an evader anyway i might be trading it for a first gen HPI rush. and if i get that i might pickup a good used, cheap engine off ebay or RCU market.im thinking of getting an O.S .15 cv-rx .
Old 04-13-2005, 03:25 AM
Tech Initiate

yep i got an evader and so have 6 of my mates we have mixed luck with them steering servo's go as soon as we had them (even ewithteh saver backed right off) teh photons are shit!!! a couple of the guys are still going after about 40-50 packs and some were fooked after 6 packs otherwise only breakage due to driver error mainly rear chassis plates and front bulkheads nothing major just replace with aluminium
i have a novak brushless to fit to mine tommorrow
dunno how the diff is gonna take that lol
gonna order the ally idler dear and ally main gear for it this week hopefully the diff lasts a couple off weeks
Old 04-13-2005, 12:14 PM
Tech Initiate

lol yea i gotta' ss5800 in my evader st! and it rips i have an all metal diff and alum idler and steal top shaft!.... and it flys!
Old 04-13-2005, 03:48 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by S.A.E.W.O.T.
lol yea i gotta' ss5800 in my evader st! and it rips i have an all metal diff and alum idler and steal top shaft!.... and it flys!

sounds killer what gearing are you running and what sort of speeds are you getting out of it?????
how long did your stock diff hold out ?????
im gonna fit mine today but i have a limited selection of gears at the moment
Old 04-13-2005, 03:54 PM
Tech Initiate

i run usally 19/87 witch is a lil overgeared.....cause the motor and esc get warm!.... but if i know im gonna run it 4a' wile in run 16/96

with 6 cells im pushin hi 30's low 40's! 37/41 mph!
Old 04-13-2005, 03:58 PM
Tech Initiate

sounds like im in for some fun then i reckon ill go 22 86 with it for now and see how that goes but illbe running 7 cells so i hope i dont melt the diff too soon well im gonna go put it in it just got here and its all fitted up with deans connector and all soldered sweet so all i have to do is fit it
Old 04-13-2005, 07:54 PM
Tech Addict

I have the nitro evader.....and I wish I had never bought it....I broke the a-arms like 5 times, and I finnaly gave up and refuse to pay 20 bucks for alunum ones, so I made my own out of Aluminum, I broke the shock tower, the hub, stripped the hex off the brake pad....now it wont even run...POS!!! I cant even get anything out of it, b/c no one really wants it, and on EBAY they sell for like 75-125 dollars RTR....if that....Once you get all Aluminum it is great though.....It is a little back heavy, in that when you go off a jump, the nose flies up and you get aukward landings.....Im goin to relocate my batteries for in the middle over the reviever box...that will help.....