Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
in the market for 1/8 E buggy, opinions? >

in the market for 1/8 E buggy, opinions?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

in the market for 1/8 E buggy, opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2012, 08:47 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

The eb48 and the tekno v4 are 2 totally differant animals. The V4 has a more planted feel. Also when you combine that with the duribility of the Mugen, I think its the way to go. Just my opinion.
Old 12-25-2012, 09:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

for durability and capability on the track the Serpent 811e is the shiznit. Add an aluminum servo horn and dial the shocks to you liking an forget it. There isn't . production car made with stronger plastics or a better wearing drive train and as a plus you can use your existing bullet style 2s packs. I've always been a nitro guy but I have more fun driving my e serpent than any RC I've owned to date .
Old 12-25-2012, 09:56 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pulse_
really? I would reconsider this, they sold a lot of eco but with the new e-buggies they will be getting a hard time
One of the largest internet stores in the US is Amain Hobbies.com. Arranged by "Best Sellers", the MBX6 ECO still lists as the #1 selling kit in the 1/8 electric category.
Old 12-25-2012, 10:10 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Davidka
One of the largest internet stores in the US is Amain Hobbies.com. Arranged by "Best Sellers", the MBX6 ECO still lists as the #1 selling kit in the 1/8 electric category.
I know amainhobbies, it's written in massive characters up here somewhere on rctech

..and the shipping costs for Belgium are 1$ or so with super saver shipping

The eco is still the best choice IMO because it's a proven basis, just can't wait
for the MBX7 version. I find the single lipo layouts easier to work on too
Old 12-25-2012, 05:51 PM
OSR
Tech Fanatic

Default ECO

ECO!
Old 12-25-2012, 09:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

so choices are looking like serpent, mugen, or tekno would be the best bet, but i know losi parts are the easiest to come by and i'm fully farmiliar with the chassis ( i have a TEN scte and a 8IGHT T 2.0 )... decisions decisions
Old 01-16-2013, 10:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

what about kyosho?
Old 01-17-2013, 09:52 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Subhuman2178
Looking to build a 1/8 E buggy for this next season just not sure what to get. Its alot of money to pour into a car so i want to make sure i get the right one. I have a good ammount of expierence on the losi platform but mine allways seems to have issues with flexing suspension arms, a noisy driveline that loves to groove the shafts and outdrives, and screws stripping/backing out. would anyone agree? and if you have had better expierences with other brands i would love to know why. Thanks.
To me the best value for the money has been the MBX6 ECO. Needs no upgrades, comes with virtually every hop-up part, and excellent quality. It's been the best out-of-the-box experience I have had with 1/8th scale racing. I love the Ve8, but that buggy needs quite a few upgrades to make it great.

I owned an 8ight for quite a while. It is a good buggy and drives well, but it's expensive for what you get. It needs upgrades. It doesn't come with the popular upgrades like f/r adjustable hing pin braces and the alum 10 degree carriers. It takes a bit more tuning to set it up properly. IMHO it's a bit dated in it's "e-design".