Wiki Posts
Search

Which 1/8th Scale RTR?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2005, 03:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally posted by xlgraphicspro
Well, I usually stay away from anything that is "RTR" But I was impressed with the jammin X1 RTR. I've had little problems with it except for this stupid plug that connects my reciever pack to my fail safe device! I'd lose power over my throttle and steering after landing a jump.

Does any one know what adjustments I should make to get it to sail smoothly in the air instead of having the rear end pitch forward?
Practice your throttle control when jumping. Your rear pitches forward because you are giving it some throttle. Try experimenting. When you take another jump, don't apply any throttle and you will notice the buggy's rear "leaning" back instead of forward. It's a matter of how much and when the throttle is applied to make the buggy sail through the air smoothly.
Old 04-14-2005, 03:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

It's actually the other way around. Giving it brakes will make the rear come up/ the front dive. You need to give it a little bit of gas when it does this. If you were to hold full throttle on a jump, it could pull a backflip if the jump was big enough.
Old 04-14-2005, 04:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally posted by Scottmisfits
It's actually the other way around. Giving it brakes will make the rear come up/ the front dive. You need to give it a little bit of gas when it does this. If you were to hold full throttle on a jump, it could pull a backflip if the jump was big enough.
Oops, you're right. I got it backwards. Thanks for the correction.
Old 04-14-2005, 06:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I got to run 6 tanks of fuel through my car and all i have to say is damn this Mayhem is nice! Everything went exactly to the "T" as to what the magazines reported. It started off really rich, but after running tanks of fuel through the motor and adjusting the needles the buggy was screaming. I then proceeded to put it on the track for a little while and it handled amazingly smooth. It jumped level and and landed nicely everytime.
Old 04-14-2005, 07:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (99%+)

I was amazed when I took my mayhem to the track and took it off some big jumps.....it jumps awesome with little on no throttle input in the air the buggy stays flat...it is definatley a nice buggy. I'm taking mine to a Pro series race next month then I'll see how it stacks up against some competition!
Old 04-14-2005, 08:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)
Default 1/8 scale

i just purchased my first 1/8 scale offroad buggy.i got the hot bodies rr, not the 2 and was trying to find out were to get setups for the car and what people thought about the hot bodies buggy.any help would be very appreciated.thanks
Old 04-17-2005, 11:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I like the HB buggy. I own the RTR 1 and now upgraded to the 4mm shock towers and a rear aluminum brace. I like this buggy a lot even though I mess around with it. It takes a beating and comes back for more. What track are you racing at? I use the stock shock setting and swapped to the kyosho blue medium springs all around. Next I'll be going with 40wt fuel, new diff oils, and test out the droop screws.
Old 05-02-2005, 10:58 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally posted by Myt3rocks
don't get the MP7.5 Sport the engine isn't that great and the tires don't even have foam in them.
not true, atleast the version they sell in europe has foams. i bought mine 3 weeks ago.
Old 05-03-2005, 05:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

The 7.5 sports isn't as great though in general. It has weaker parts on it that the other 7.5 and takes a lot of upgrading to be as durable as the other 8th buggies. A Hot Bodies buggy will be more durable than it, both the RTR1 and the RR RTR2.
Old 05-03-2005, 07:48 AM
Regional Moderator

I do like the Mayhem (just whish I had time to race). I have several friends running the Jammin and they have been happy with it. I don't think any true RTR out there comes with servos that will work well in a racing situation. They are way to slow and underpowered in most cases.

Last edited by UnderDaHill; 05-03-2005 at 11:41 AM.
Old 05-03-2005, 10:03 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I just got a rtr Mayhem and it is the bomb! The .26 is a ton of engine when you get it tuned right. The only change I would make is getting a stronger steering servo and that's it. I have been super happy with it. I have been pretty competitive right out of the box at the local track.