Wiki Posts
Search

Lowering the Stance of My TRAXXAS Stampede 4x4 VXL

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2012, 01:09 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Lowering the Stance of My TRAXXAS Stampede 4x4 VXL

Hey guys I just got a brand new Stampede 4x4 VXL and wanted to lower the stance. Through my research so far I've heard the following methods.

1. Buy front rustler shocks all around.

2. do the tubing on the piston trick in the existing shocks.

3. Someone said buying FLM Arms will lower and widen the stance not sure if it's true.

Can anyone attest to this or show me pics of their stampede? Any help / advice / cautions would be greatly appreciated!
Old 12-11-2012, 12:59 PM
Tech Adept

Smile So Far

So far this is what I've done:

1. Purchased Rustler front Integy Piggy back shocks which I will be installing tonight.

2. Swapped the rear body mount bracket to the front and took the front off completely. I then drilled a small hole in the center of the rear shock tower and used a leftover tall traxxas body post and screwed it in the middle of the shock tower very similar to the Rustler rear post.

3. I've also purchased the Proline - ProTrac Suspension kit which is coming tomorrow.

As soon as I have pics I'll post for anyone interested.

Cheers
Old 12-11-2012, 02:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

if you want to lower your lcv for handling benefits you can get the protrac kit for the stampede. That should make a huge difference.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Ever though of using their new lcg chassis that comes on the 1/10 rally?
Old 12-11-2012, 07:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

My question is why would you want to lower a monster truck?

What are you trying to accomplish by lowering it?

Fuel tubing in the shocks or shorter shocks will make really degrade the rough terrain handling.
The Proline protrac Kit will actually make the truck roll more. You could put the sway bar kit on to off set the body roll some.
Old 12-12-2012, 06:05 AM
Tech Adept

Kain K good question. I want to lower it because I'm going after the truggy look on this thing. I already Have a real monster monster truck (emaxx brushless) so this one i want the more agile handling lower but still 4wd
Old 12-12-2012, 06:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Check out this video.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ck8xrObgP6Y
Old 03-25-2023, 09:28 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Response i know this is older but....

[QUOTE=KainK;11544607]My question is why would you want to lower a monster truck?

What are you trying to accomplish by lowering it?

Fuel tubing in the shocks or shorter shocks will make really degrade the rough terrain handling.

The Proline protrac Kit will actually make the truck roll more. You could put the sway bar kit on to off set the body roll some.[/UOTE]

The Traxxas Stampede with the stock stance has a tendency even at low speeds to roll. Yes you can adjust the shocks to counteract that somewhat but my thought is someone that is getting into this hobby like to do things different then the norm and might want something completely different then anyone else example upgrades or experimenting etc. . Sure you could just buy a RTR but for the true RC enthusiasts they are not going to want to pull the pins on a it and show its off while thinking to themselves look what I built. The greatest feeling is being pround of what you built. I love all RC enthusiasts but gosh I sure miss the days when RTR's were unheard of and you HAD to build your own kits. I miss that and I am sure my fellow seasoned RC hobbiest friends would agree. Thanks for reading and happy building!