Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
LRP Sxx Tc V2. / X12L 4.5 T combo sc, any good? >

LRP Sxx Tc V2. / X12L 4.5 T combo sc, any good?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LRP Sxx Tc V2. / X12L 4.5 T combo sc, any good?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2012, 11:18 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default LRP Sxx Tc V2. / X12L 4.5 T combo sc, any good?

Hey guys, im gonna get this system monday. Lrp sxx spec tc v2 with the x12l 4.5t 550 4 pole. Im getting this because of a financial advantage at the time. I know there are other systems as good, if not better. I also am aware of those.

Im just curious who has ran this? Or who is running it? How does it stack up?

This system will be going in a desc 410 v2 pro. Ive never raced before. Although, im planning to start, After some track practice..

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXBNYU&P=ML
Old 12-07-2012, 11:26 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by tps3443
Hey guys, im gonna get this system monday. Lrp sxx spec tc v2 with the x12l 4.5t 550 4 pole. Im getting this because of a financial advantage at the time. I know there are other systems as good, if not better. I also am aware of those.

Im just curious who has ran this? Or who is running it? How does it stack up?

This system will be going in a desc v2 pro. Ive never raced before. Although, im planning to start, After some track practice..

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXBNYU&P=ML
Don't buy LRP! They have problems with their BECs. I had two of them crap out on me. Look for the thread on them.
When I had the Desc v1 I raced with LRP and HW SCT pro and was happier with the HW. The LRP motor is also not 4-pole.

Not recommended!

Get a Hobbywing SCT Pro 4000kv combo from FalconSekido. Best bang for your money, really.
Old 12-07-2012, 04:21 PM
Tech Adept

Well the only reason i was considering this system is because, I have a $60 discount code. Plus, I was going to use easy pay. Ive used it plenty of times before. I can get this combo overnighte to me for $98. Also, people have lots of problems with a lot of bec's. Especially if you run a savox servo. Most people run external bec's.. although, that lrp esc actually has 2 bec's. One dedicated. Now. Thats a revised esc it is $220 alone. And made to compete with the rs pro. Im not to fond of the 2 pole motor. Although, it is a 550 so it should result in decent torque. Considering I have the lightest sc truck you can Buy. I was thinking it would be plenty of torque. I wanted something thats nice. And im on a budget.

Im a tekin guy. Belive me, if I had the cash for rx8 and a pro 4. I would be jumping up and down.but, some things came up this week. So, a change of plans it is.

Anyone out there running this system?
Old 12-07-2012, 07:14 PM
Tech Adept

I have a sxx with a reedy 4.5 550... i think it has more power than a pro 4... if it is new than it has the updated bec and is now reliable...i run an x12 in my 2wd and have had no reliability issues with that motor and it has been run hard...i dont think u will b disappointed ...
Old 12-07-2012, 07:46 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jmc5313
I have a sxx with a reedy 4.5 550... i think it has more power than a pro 4... if it is new than it has the updated bec and is now reliable...i run an x12 in my 2wd and have had no reliability issues with that motor and it has been run hard...i dont think u will b disappointed ...
Thankyou! Thats what I wanted to hear. I thought this would be a nice system. What kind of track do you run on? How is the power pick up, like right before a double?
Old 12-07-2012, 08:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Ran that exact combo in my sc10 4x4. Super fast, responsive, and it was never hot.
BECs are questionable, they warrantied a handful of mine until I got the new board upgrade. Back to wicked power. Highly recommended, but beware of the BEC... Get the new lower board ASAP
Old 12-07-2012, 08:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Oh yeah, x 12 isn't a 4 pole
Old 12-07-2012, 09:44 PM
Tech Adept

How fast do you think my truck will go? Im gonna have the 4700 kv motor. And 13/54 gearing. 2s ,65 c batteries. 4.26" tires. Im hoping to be around, 40? 41? Is this right? I need enough speed to clear a 25ft double. What do you guys think?
Old 12-07-2012, 11:35 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Its butter smooth!!!! I used to run that in my sc10 4x4. I run a sct-pro and tenshock 411 4600 now. Not because i didnt like the lrp combo. I still have it actually. I just wanted to try HW and tenshock for the heck of it.
Old 12-08-2012, 12:49 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by tps3443
Thankyou! Thats what I wanted to hear. I thought this would be a nice system. What kind of track do you run on? How is the power pick up, like right before a double?
You have already made up your mind before asking, but that's alright.

Search for all the problems the SXX has before buying! You can't buy the ESC with the new board anywhere it has to be replaced.
Even LRP themselves acknowledge that they have a problem with the SXX but still sell them...
Old 12-08-2012, 02:49 AM
dtr
Tech Master

Originally Posted by nanoverse
You have already made up your mind before asking, but that's alright.

Search for all the problems the SXX has before buying! You can't buy the ESC with the new board anywhere it has to be replaced.
Even LRP themselves acknowledge that they have a problem with the SXX but still sell them...
LRP has even removed the sxx v2 from their website Even the original sxx.
They are only listed in combos.