Community
Wiki Posts
Search

recommendation bashing truck

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2012, 10:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default recommendation bashing truck

i recently own stampede 4x4 running on 2s 40c, it get hot kinda quick. now i'm looking to get another MT mainly for bashing, must be tough, i don't to replace parts after every session. my stampede was weak on the clutch, slips a lot.arm knuckles break often. so now i'm looking for something that is tough, and no i will not be jumping off house or anything like that. i'm thinking of savage flux as of right now. is there anything out there other than savage flux? i've heard a lot about this truck
Old 12-03-2012, 02:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

the mta-4 g3 looks nice. its made by thunder tiger
Old 12-03-2012, 04:32 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)

Hard to beat a savage whether nitro or electric.
Old 12-03-2012, 07:11 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Have you thought about converting an 1/8th scale buggy or Truggy into something you like? You can pick up a used , but in really good shape roller , convert it into a MT or a SCT.....and have a dang near bullet proof drive train that is considered the toughest in the hobby. You would have to probably invest thousands of $$$ to get something like a T-maxx or savage any where as near as tough as an 1/8th scale. And.....the rollers are cheap! Just an option for you.
Old 12-03-2012, 07:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

I second the mta4-g3. Tough as nails with good handling. Savage is a great truck, I had the flux HP for a while. Both are great options and are the two toughest out in my opinion. The mta4 has an easier to work on layout as well.
Old 12-03-2012, 03:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by JEFFRO503
Have you thought about converting an 1/8th scale buggy or Truggy into something you like? You can pick up a used , but in really good shape roller , convert it into a MT or a SCT.....and have a dang near bullet proof drive train that is considered the toughest in the hobby. You would have to probably invest thousands of $$$ to get something like a T-maxx or savage any where as near as tough as an 1/8th scale. And.....the rollers are cheap! Just an option for you.
what exactly is out there?
Old 12-03-2012, 03:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by bigbeej
I second the mta4-g3. Tough as nails with good handling. Savage is a great truck, I had the flux HP for a while. Both are great options and are the two toughest out in my opinion. The mta4 has an easier to work on layout as well.
is thunder tiger a china brand like redcat and all that? you mention you have both trucks, which one is more tough?
Old 12-03-2012, 06:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

I vote to convert a losi TEN-T roller to brushless. Maybe run off an rx8 and a 4000kv pro4 motor..

Or do the 3300kv pro4 in 3s... that would be a rocket.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

wow i'm really start to consider build up a truggy. bc when i had the stampede handling was bad. i should start looking at the for sale section. anyone else have anything about savage flux?
Old 12-04-2012, 06:11 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Look hard at the MT4- there's a huge thread on URC which is what sold me. Tough, fun, good-handling. It's basically a roided out truggy with giant wheels. Check YouTube for various "Watch me beat the crap outta this truck!" videos, and check the review on BigSquid as well.

It needs almost nothing out of the box. Have some spare hinge pins on hand, and expect to replace the servo quickly.
Old 12-04-2012, 01:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

Mt4 is a China brand I'm trying to stay away. I've look at losi 2.0 buggy. Not a big fan of buggy yet. As far as savage flux cab it handle well if its on good set of wheels? Reason why I keep asking about this truck is bc I've been hearing a lot of good things. Also a, well known brand parts are available at lhs. Please only what type model freight it out there.
Old 12-04-2012, 01:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dbigfoot111
wow i'm really start to consider build up a truggy. bc when i had the stampede handling was bad. i should start looking at the for sale section. anyone else have anything about savage flux?
I used to have a savage flux hp. Thing is insanely fast right outta the box. Motor and esc are very good as they are rebranded mamba monster 2200. Only problems are it's not the easiest thing to work on (tvp chassis), phillips head screws, and the slipper needs to be locked nearly all the way down. I can't imagine how stupidly fast the savage is on 6s, even with 4s it was insanely powerful.Other than that, it's a super fast durable truck and tons of fun. Stock radio is trash, but if you already have another radio, that's not a problem. Thunder tiger makes great vehicles too and i've heard the mt4 g3 is the most durable truck out there. I haven't run a thunder tiger, but i like the easy to work on 8th scale buggy layout. Either of those trucks is a good choice. Oh and almost everything in rc is made in china, so don't worry about that.
Old 12-04-2012, 02:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Stadium truck!!!!!!!!!!!!

Goes where buggies wont
Less body to wreck than an SC
Great entry into racing if you end up on a track
Old 12-04-2012, 04:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Rockthecatbox21
I used to have a savage flux hp. Thing is insanely fast right outta the box. Motor and esc are very good as they are rebranded mamba monster 2200. Only problems are it's not the easiest thing to work on (tvp chassis), phillips head screws, and the slipper needs to be locked nearly all the way down. I can't imagine how stupidly fast the savage is on 6s, even with 4s it was insanely powerful.Other than that, it's a super fast durable truck and tons of fun. Stock radio is trash, but if you already have another radio, that's not a problem. Thunder tiger makes great vehicles too and i've heard the mt4 g3 is the most durable truck out there. I haven't run a thunder tiger, but i like the easy to work on 8th scale buggy layout. Either of those trucks is a good choice. Oh and almost everything in rc is made in china, so don't worry about that.
reason why i say i want to stay away from china brand because i used to own redcat volcano, quality was very poor, break very often. what is a difference of stock radio vs. aftermarket radio (talking about Flux.) i'll will do more research on mt4. when i had my stampede 4x4 the motor would get hot real quick. how is the temp. on flux?
Old 12-04-2012, 04:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by tommy911t
Stadium truck!!!!!!!!!!!!

Goes where buggies wont
Less body to wreck than an SC
Great entry into racing if you end up on a track
what kind of stadium truck do you reccommand

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.