Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Who has a JATO?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2005, 06:23 AM
Tech Addict

Most LHS's will let you run almost anything....
Maybe it is time for ROAR to let .15's in, and as for the tires being bigger, most people that race get new tires anyway....You wouldn't have to change the whole chassi, it's not that big!lol....as for the two speed tranny, traxxas is going to be coming out with a single speed conversion...
Old 04-18-2005, 11:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally posted by runnin rc10
True, but the differnce is a "sport" or cheaper version, and electric version, and the TRX. We are talking about changing the whole Jato to make it race legal and be able to compete. You would have to manufacture, another .12 motor, which I dont think htey have ever done. Manufacture a new tranny, new shocks, and a chassis that fit everything on it on a standard size chassis.
uhm, the primary shaft and wheels/tires are ALL that is needed to make the Jato's chassis race legal.
throw a .12TR in the mix, and you have what looks to be a good racetruck.
Old 04-19-2005, 05:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Looks like the JATO will be selling for around $320-$370 USD depending where you look. I think I'm going to pick one up whenever it comes out. Also this month's issue of RCCA test drove one and they liked it, especially the suspension.
Old 04-19-2005, 05:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by Thai3g_Eclipse
Looks like the JATO will be selling for around $320-$370 USD depending where you look. I think I'm going to pick one up whenever it comes out. Also this month's issue of RCCA test drove one and they liked it, especially the suspension.
Cool please post your review here. I'll wait until some of you rc offroad gurus give me the green light.
Old 04-21-2005, 11:18 AM
Tech Apprentice

How can this be a good racer with ez-start and a radio with no adjustments? Sounds like the usual, traxxas putting the word "race" into everything they've ever made..
Parasitic drivetrain loss from the ezstart? How's that possible when its not spinning? I've heard a lot of people complain about rotating mass in that thing, but its never moving when the engine is running..
The problem is that it doesn't do that great at starting, and its HEAVY.

Traxxas make a kit? Yeah, right. There's a reason they stopped making them.

Oh, there's one other thing. Captured tie-rods? I converted my npede to use ball studs specifically so they CAN pop off in a crash...it keeps the turnbuckles from getting trashed, usually....
Old 04-21-2005, 12:44 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Phroziac

Parasitic drivetrain loss from the ezstart? How's that possible when its not spinning? I've heard a lot of people complain about rotating mass in that thing, but its never moving when the engine is running..

Yes, parsitic loss.. While the EZ start sytem may not be spinning the rod the OWB sits on inside of the EZ Start backplate is spinning all the time. There is not only loss from the extra mass spinning but the extra drag on the crank.

We are not talking huge losses, it may only be a tenth of a HP. But in the world of small engines, the percentage is huge. Anything you can do to improve the efficiency of your motor will only help.

Charley
Old 04-21-2005, 02:15 PM
Tech Apprentice

Yeah thats true, but thats the same with any type of shaft starter, onboard starter, and pullstarter, isnt it?
And it's probably better not to ship the truck with a starterless engine and either require a starterbox or ship a cheapo one with it...I'd agree with putting a pullstart on, and maybe including a really cheap glow ignitor, like those 10 dollar ones with the built on, not so easy to change battery. I keep one of those in my pit bag incase someone at the track forgets there glow ignitor.
Old 04-23-2005, 01:48 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Phroziac

Traxxas make a kit? Yeah, right. There's a reason they stopped making them.
Do you know this reason??? I sure want to know.
Old 04-23-2005, 03:48 PM
Tech Apprentice

Obviously they didn't sell well.
Old 04-23-2005, 05:02 PM
Tech Addict

That was how long ago???
Old 04-23-2005, 05:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

Before i was in the hobby.
Old 04-23-2005, 05:11 PM
Tech Addict

I guess they figure most people buy RTR's...
I just hate their radios...
Old 04-23-2005, 05:14 PM
Tech Apprentice

Most/many people wanting a traxxas are new, newbies want RTR.

I go for the higher end these days.
Old 04-23-2005, 05:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Phroziac
Most/many people wanting a traxxas are new, newbies want RTR.

I go for the higher end these days.
So from what you're saying, RTRs suck? Just because it's an RTR doesn't mean it's a cheap pile of crap. If you ever look at a Traxxas RTR out of the box, or any other manufacturers such as OFNA, the cars are put together well. Do you ever think that the reason people get RTRs because they just want to bash?
Old 04-23-2005, 05:22 PM
Tech Addict

HE is right though, most newbs want RTR's. Not all are crap. The savage 21 or 25 definately isn't crap. But IMHO i think traxxas needs to make a better quality radio.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.