Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher cars?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2012, 08:43 AM
Tech Champion

They are easy to work on that's for sure. Way easier than the other buggies I had. Engineering is high but it stays user friendly. And the service is great, Schumacher team has always been nice and helpful on tracks, on the forums, via mail. To me this is very important. And Schumacher cars are sexy as hell too

I rather take an evolution of a good car than a new car, that's why I didn't go for Durango/ Losi.
Old 12-02-2012, 07:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I love my Schumacher, I had a small lissue with a part that I assembled and Schumacher sent me a new one the next day. Excellent cars and awesome customer support. There"s evrything else and then there's Schumacher.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:12 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I just switched over to Schumacher last month, I was running all the latest greatest AE cars with all the tricked out parts. I picked up two SVR's and a SX3 to replace my two B4.1 buggies and my B44.1. I am very happy so far and the support on this forum has been great with setup info etc. The quality of the cars is far superior compared to the AE cars IMHO. I'm still sorting things out with the SVR, but It does respond well to setup changes.
If you want a car that doesn't need hundreds of dollars in upgrades (flavor of the week parts) the SVR is a great choice. The steering and traction you can get out of this car is insane!! It's a great car and I can't say miss my B4.1, I just need more track time with the SVR at this point. I can't really comment on the SX3 yet because I've only raced it one time. It feels great and I'm looking forward to running and getting it dialed in. I was disappointed to see only 2 of us running Schumachers at the Illinois State Champs race over the weekend out of 262 entries. Give one a try, you won't regret it!!

Last edited by nhraman; 12-03-2012 at 12:11 PM.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:46 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by teeforb
Over engineered, I disagree.
Compared to Ducati, I agree.
Complicated, I disagree.

Dex210 is way more complicated than the svr. 15 to 25 screws to get to the diff for the dex210 vs 4 scews on the svr

Dex410 is more complicated than the cat sx series.

I find Schumacher off road cars very easy to work on.

Schumacher also has the best, hands down, packaging for the kit. I've put together over 20 kits in my life time and schumacher has been the best.

Quality of parts, extremely high! Makes Durango/assc/losi look like dog crap!

Handling, on par if not better than competitors.

Cost, fairly princely. But quality is better. You get what you pay for.

Part availability, amain and stormer has all parts.

Small issues that needs to be corrected, ALL cars has this!

I highly recommend Schumacher.
Pretty much hit the nail on the head with this post here. The only thing I DISlike about schumacher stuff, are all the kit's colors.
Old 12-03-2012, 11:03 AM
Tech Champion

I like purple!
Old 12-03-2012, 11:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Teeforbs points are spot on. Let me add on a few more

Parts fit is excellent, the older cars were more for euro style tracks setup wise, so a bit of $$ to get the right springs etc. Now they are catering to US market as well. No noticeable slop in most parts. Plastic parts should be hand screwed, power drivers waste the plastic.

Rims are still old style AE pins and bearings on front for 2wd and pin style for 4wd so sourcing local wheels is easy for the 2wd but not so much for 4wd.

Ball diff is a bit tricky for people used to AE style ones but once set its golden. If you are ready to spend the $$ just buy the prebuilts. Wear rate on outdrives is average, not great not bad, stuff lasts a whole season on average.

However, schumacher shocks are not the best in the business need a bit of tlc and they are as good as the best though.
My experience was with the shocks about 2 years ago. They might have improved.
The shock springs are another thing, they have like 3 different versions but all the springs look the same so a bit confusing what the shops sell. Best bet is to buy direct from UK, small parts ship for 10USD same as any of the other shops, arrive in 4-5 business days.

Last but not the least, Schumacher team drivers are the BEST SUPPORT on this forum. Their customer service is top notch as well.
Old 12-03-2012, 11:19 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

I found schumacher shocks to be right on par with the best shocks on the planet, the Kyosho BBs.
Old 12-03-2012, 12:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cpt.America
I found schumacher shocks to be right on par with the best shocks on the planet, the Kyosho BBs.
I do not think they are better than Kyosho BB, but 2nd to Kyosho! Kyosho shocks are butter! Schu shocks are like margarin! Everyone else is like mud...

I have been running Durango for quite some time now. I have owned Schu in the past. With the SVR, i forgot how good the quality are on the Schu. When I put those Schu shocks together, i was like WOW! SO MUCH BETTER than durango's shocks.
Old 12-03-2012, 03:26 PM
Tech Elite

As I said, this is back when the sv2 was new and the cat sx2 had just been replaced by the sx3. The orings were crap, leaked a lot, always muddy fluids on rebuilds every couple race days, shock insides peeling (defective batch which was replaced by schumie), shafts giving up the gold coating pretty fast near the ball end actually which equates to too much slop and sideways scraping near cartridge.

And the springs ooh man, the weight written in tiny fonts on the top where the spring collar scrapes it off so fast. The springs were so damn heavy because of the number of coils in it. Could never set proper ride height with the tuning spring kits, they sold long medium and short. Ball mount for rear lower shocks meant they kept popping out.

Agreed putting kyosho X rings (or northie UK orings), replacing ball cup with front style lower mounts, HD bladders or emulsion, loctite on lower cartridge, kyosho xgear springs & lower holders they are comparable to kyosho. Out of the box even the durango shocks are better no doubt about it and with just upgrading to kyosho x rings really really nice. Just my 0.02

And I will still end up buying the cat k1 (75/25 between the cat and the xray 4wd) :P
Old 12-03-2012, 04:00 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by aloksatoor
As I said, this is back when the sv2 was new and the cat sx2 had just been replaced by the sx3. The orings were crap, leaked a lot, always muddy fluids on rebuilds every couple race days, shock insides peeling (defective batch which was replaced by schumie), shafts giving up the gold coating pretty fast near the ball end actually which equates to too much slop and sideways scraping near cartridge.

And the springs ooh man, the weight written in tiny fonts on the top where the spring collar scrapes it off so fast. The springs were so damn heavy because of the number of coils in it. Could never set proper ride height with the tuning spring kits, they sold long medium and short. Ball mount for rear lower shocks meant they kept popping out.

Agreed putting kyosho X rings (or northie UK orings), replacing ball cup with front style lower mounts, HD bladders or emulsion, loctite on lower cartridge, kyosho xgear springs & lower holders they are comparable to kyosho. Out of the box even the durango shocks are better no doubt about it and with just upgrading to kyosho x rings really really nice. Just my 0.02

And I will still end up buying the cat k1 (75/25 between the cat and the xray 4wd) :P
no brainer! cat k1

Don't get me wrong, xray quality is nice. I just feel that are lacking innovation. I owned the 2010 808 E... I was not impressed with innovation.
Old 12-03-2012, 04:20 PM
Tech Elite

no brainer! cat k1

Don't get me wrong, xray quality is nice. I just feel that are lacking innovation. I owned the 2010 808 E... I was not impressed with innovation.
Thats true in a way. They are basically an on road corporation with a few off road vehicles. Still no 4wd until now and 2wd offroad is way off.

The schumachers have a lot of history in offroading wacky but quality vehicles like that 2 nitro engined monster truck .
Old 12-03-2012, 07:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by t0p_sh0tta
Pretty, pricey (parts), and fragile transmissions.
Couldnt be more incorrect....You wont find a stronger tranny out there... the gears are at least 25% larger. While your bolting idlers in a B4 and Losi the Schumacher will go twice as long. I havent had a single issue with my tranny after several months of high bite slicks type of track with a 7.5
Old 12-04-2012, 06:01 AM
Tech Champion

Xray xb4 pics are out. As I mentioned, zero innovation. Looks like a b44
Old 12-04-2012, 06:15 AM
Tech Champion

Xray xb4 pics are out. As I mentioned, zero innovation. Looks like a b44
I take that back there was some thought put into it
Old 12-04-2012, 10:32 AM
Tech Elite

Haha that way the svr is zero innovation as well. They went back to the b4.1 ish design. But we all know its not just that....