Whats the offset on a LCG slash 2wd ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Whats the offset on a LCG slash 2wd ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2012, 10:53 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Whats the offset on a LCG slash 2wd ?

Ok i been using SCTE wheels on a LCG 2WD Slash which are 0 offset and running them on a tight carpet indoor track which i can tell is much narrower on the truck . But i think thats what you want on a track like that anyways though. Seems to handle ok but it does tend to traction roll at times im guessing because of the 0 offset wheels.

Also hows the Proline transmission for the slash ?

Last edited by tc5 man; 11-22-2012 at 11:06 AM.
Old 11-22-2012, 11:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

you want the slash off set wheels, front and rear is different. It sounds like the proline tranny is a lot lighter but can't handle the serious basher power
Old 11-22-2012, 11:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

LCG kit does not alter the offset, and the narrow stance you get from the SCTE wheels will make traction rolling easier to do.

Now why the front vs rear offset needs to be different on any SC is my big question.... Maybe Traxxas will hear this gripe enough times and address it in an update to the 2wd slash? or failing that an aftermarket option would be nice.

But get the correct offset it will improve the handling..
Old 11-22-2012, 11:19 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by rcjunky1
you want the slash off set wheels, front and rear is different. It sounds like the proline tranny is a lot lighter but can't handle the serious basher power

Yea i race so i think the Proline transmission can handle it the only thing i heard about is the slipper adjustment is touchy and the slipper pads leave a dust . Im still really thinking about getting it for sure.

I did use the slash wheels before but not on a indoor tight indoor track though. Thanks.

So really im not supposed to use the SCTE wheels than lol. They worked fine though just made wheelbase narrower.
Old 11-22-2012, 11:25 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by lbenton
LCG kit does not alter the offset, and the narrow stance you get from the SCTE wheels will make traction rolling easier to do.

Now why the front vs rear offset needs to be different on any SC is my big question.... Maybe Traxxas will hear this gripe enough times and address it in an update to the 2wd slash? or failing that an aftermarket option would be nice.

But get the correct offset it will improve the handling..

Yea it would only traction roll really if i went to fast into a corner. I never understood why Traxxas never fixed the offset where you just run the same all around weird. Lucky enough i have some JC Slash rims to use just need to throw them in the oven to get the tires off .

So i would only need tires .

So any more info on the Proline Transmission ? I just like the fact that you can use diff oil and its a sealed diff with no mods !