Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
taking apart my RTR >

taking apart my RTR

taking apart my RTR

Old 03-30-2005, 08:45 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default taking apart my RTR

I'm having trouble taking apart my RTR B4. How will I be able to keep track of all the screws and everything so that I can actually put the car back together?
Old 03-30-2005, 08:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Do you have the instructions? It should come with a parts breakdown showing where each part and screw goes. If not, use some paper plates or small dishes and mark them with things like chassis screws, tranny screws etc.
Old 03-30-2005, 11:19 PM
Tech Addict

Just as long as the screw is the right length and type, it doesnt really matter where its from, just check the manual for the type and length when you put it back together.
Old 03-31-2005, 09:41 AM
Tech Apprentice

I have the parts breakdown sheet, but I don't know how to take apart certain items. Like how to take apart the turnbuckes. So what should I do??
Old 03-31-2005, 10:45 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by takwing
I have the parts breakdown sheet, but I don't know how to take apart certain items. Like how to take apart the turnbuckes. So what should I do??
Why would you take apart the turnbuckles anyway? The ball ends just screw onto the shaft. That is how it works. The more you pop them off and screw and unscrew them, the faster you will wear them out. Then no doubt you will post on here about how your ball ends keep popping off or your threads keep stripping.

Also, Google is your best friend. No offense, but you can search for most of the questions you ask, and find the answers that you want there. It's great that you participate here, but most of your questions can be answered with a forum search here or on Google.
Old 03-31-2005, 12:24 PM
Tech Rookie

Honestly, you don't need the manual or anything to take the B4 appart (besides the tools) just make sure when you lay your screws down on your work bench, you lay them out as a 'map'.. That's what I do when I work on my B4 kit.
Old 03-31-2005, 10:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

what does laying it out like a "map" mean?