Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree17Likes

Tekno SCT410 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2013, 02:17 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by tom2tone
For me the box stock setup has been great. I wanted to get a feeling for the truck before I went and made a bunch of changes. After running it a few race days, the only change I made was lowering the rear diff oil weight.
You sir are a smart one.
Old 09-03-2013, 05:35 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Crawlin
I had my Tekno. Even got some local people excited about it and they bought one. I then sold it so I could have an all durango fleet of shortcourse trucks. In my opinion, the Tekno was the easier of the two to get to handle. While the Durango went similar lap times for me, it had an "edge" to it that didn't make it as easy to drive as the Tekno. Kinda wish I hadn't sold it. Just sold my 4x4 durango too.
Hey Christopher! Yes-you are the sole reason for the Tekno excitement at Trackside.
Adam and I thought you were a MONSTER with that truck--you were ALWAYS laying down sick lap times. I knew right then and there that Tekno was our answer.
Now-6 months later-a sponsorship-and tons of wins-my son and I couldn't be happier!
Thanks man!!! (and Thanks Tekno!!!)
Old 09-03-2013, 07:15 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Matthew_Armeni
If you're only looking to save the rim here's what you do-

-Cut off the tires as close to the bead as possible (less rubber to interact with the acetone)
-Remove and save the foam insert
-In a sealed container (paint cans work well), fill with acetone about 1/2 inch deep, basically enough to completely cover one bead.
-Seal the container up (acetone evaporates fast) and let it sit for 24 hours
-After 24 hours pull out the rim and the rubber will come right off
-Flip the wheel over and do the other side for 24 hours
-Pull the wheel out and give it a good wash to get all the acetone and tire residue off

The acetone is good for as many tires as you can do. I never bothered to empty it, only refilled it every once and a while. Always keep it covered when not in use.
I do the same thing but I put in the rim then fill the container with aquarium gravel just enough to bury the wheel, then fill it up with acetone. The gravel Is just to fill space so you can use as little acetone as possible. This way you can do the whole wheel in one 24 hour period. Be mindful of how much acetone you are using cause otherwise it may be cheaper to buy new rims.
Old 09-03-2013, 09:25 AM
Tech Apprentice

I just wanted to thank you guys for all of the help since I purchased my SCT410.

Tekno sponsored our Pro4 class at this year’s Hobby Haven Shootout in Urbandale Iowa, and the SCT410 was dialed. I had the fastest truck all weekend, but made some silly mistakes, and had a couple of bad quals due to SC antics, but as soon as the A-main rolled around the truck was stellar. Took home the win for Tekno and got to hang out with quite a few Tekno owners as well. So again, thanks for all of your help guys, couldn't have done it without you.

Also want to thank Trevor "Chilly" Duncan from RC Car Magazine for all of the promoting he did for that event, 253 entries (capped) LOTS of give aways from TONS of sponsors. Thanks to Dave “Double D” Duncan from J Concepts for being on site and answering everyone’s questions, and for putting a whoopin on the stock buggy and truck class. Lastly, I want to send out a HUGE thanks to TEKNO RC for sponsoring the Pro4 and E-Buggy events!
Old 09-03-2013, 09:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wreckya
In the process of building my 410 and its my first 4wd rc kit. I run on a loose to med track so I have bought super soft tires and going to stick with them even though there not going to last very long. Been marinating them in track star black in ziplock bags, you can stick them to the wall lol. So my question is how many of you guys reuse your rims and if so what's your method for taking off the tire and are your inserts also reusable?
I wrote about my process here:
http://johnbernardjr.wordpress.com/2.../22/recycling/

I never bother to reuse the foams since the new JConcept tires all have them but the profiled inserts would still be useable.
Old 09-03-2013, 10:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GrimmReaper
I just wanted to thank you guys for all of the help since I purchased my SCT410.

Tekno sponsored our Pro4 class at this year’s Hobby Haven Shootout in Urbandale Iowa, and the SCT410 was dialed. I had the fastest truck all weekend, but made some silly mistakes, and had a couple of bad quals due to SC antics, but as soon as the A-main rolled around the truck was stellar. Took home the win for Tekno and got to hang out with quite a few Tekno owners as well. So again, thanks for all of your help guys, couldn't have done it without you.

Also want to thank Trevor "Chilly" Duncan from RC Car Magazine for all of the promoting he did for that event, 253 entries (capped) LOTS of give aways from TONS of sponsors. Thanks to Dave “Double D” Duncan from J Concepts for being on site and answering everyone’s questions, and for putting a whoopin on the stock buggy and truck class. Lastly, I want to send out a HUGE thanks to TEKNO RC for sponsoring the Pro4 and E-Buggy events!
Sounds like it was a great time! Happy to hear we finished on top . Thanks!
Old 09-03-2013, 11:55 AM
P6
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

So how is tekno deciding on sponsorship and what do they do for their sponsored racers just wondering I've always wanted to get more serious into racing but do I have to tq every race or just slap on some stickers and say I'm sponsored, I run body's with no stickers for that reason
If its private please don't tell but just not forum appropriate ill take a pm if that's okay with tekno

Last edited by P6; 09-03-2013 at 12:15 PM.
Old 09-03-2013, 12:02 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by cpt_RedBeard
after having a highly modified desc410r I think the Tekno holds several of the same desirable track mannerisms with out the un desirable ones. The closest second, in my opinion, was my MIP Pro 4 SCTE with 1/8 scale shocks. The two Tekno cars have been so durable they made running two classes fun and affordable again.
I guess that's my issue.. After having my Slash 4x4 I had to "highly modify" it to still suck in the Mains lol.. I feel that you shouldn't have to highly modify your truck in order to make it competitive. With the SCT410 you really are fine tuning versus modifying anything and still own all the highly modified kits during the main.. Just sayin..
Old 09-03-2013, 12:17 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ArmySSG
I guess that's my issue.. After having my Slash 4x4 I had to "highly modify" it to still suck in the Mains lol.. I feel that you shouldn't have to highly modify your truck in order to make it competitive. With the SCT410 you really are fine tuning versus modifying anything and still own all the highly modified kits during the main.. Just sayin..
+100

My first rc was a slash 2wd and buying it brand new rtr and upgrading it I was in about 1000$ and there was still more to be upgraded, I built my tekno brand new rtr minus tx/rx for under 1000$ haha, this is why I don't understand the point upgrading a traxxas...new to the hobby?, buy a traxxas get the basics of rc down, sell it, buy a quality toy
Old 09-03-2013, 12:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by P6
So how is tekno deciding on sponsorship and what do they do for their sponsored racers just wondering I've always wanted to get more serious into racing but do I have to tq every race or just slap on some stickers and say I'm sponsored, I run body's with no stickers for that reason
Stickers do not mean anything in regards to sponsorship, thats why they come in every product you buy, just another way to customize and support your favorite brands. although im sure if you are sponsored they want you to use their stickers too.

To become sponsored you need to start recording your races and win them, a lot of them, and not just club level, you need to do bigger events and do it regularly. once youve done all that and have videos and some wins, you email tekno or talk to them at a race and tell them why you think you should be a team driver, i forgot the email address off the top of my head. anyway if they do choose to sponsor you the benefits range greatly from free stuff and all expenses covered to discounted stuff etc... depending on your level.

this is just a general idea of the process, im sure its different from team to team.
Old 09-03-2013, 12:26 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by XRated SCT
+100

My first rc was a slash 2wd and buying it brand new rtr and upgrading it I was in about 1000$ and there was still more to be upgraded, I built my tekno brand new rtr minus tx/rx for under 1000$ haha, this is why I don't understand the point upgrading a traxxas...new to the hobby?, buy a traxxas get the basics of rc down, sell it, buy a quality toy
yea i think all of us start out with a slash because we walk into the LHS with no clue and they sell us the thing they know you will buy the most upgrades for because they know slash has more upgrades then anybody knows what to do with haha which means $$$ for lhs(which i support btw). my slash had a ton of $ into and always needed something and i still never won.

i think for any beginner id still recommend a tekno, best instructions, best value, and you wont get pissed off and quit the hobby cus u alwasy have to replace something.
Old 09-03-2013, 12:34 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Graham11
yea i think all of us start out with a slash because we walk into the LHS with no clue and they sell us the thing they know you will buy the most upgrades for because they know slash has more upgrades then anybody knows what to do with haha which means $$$ for lhs(which i support btw). my slash had a ton of $ into and always needed something and i still never won.

i think for any beginner id still recommend a tekno, best instructions, best value, and you wont get pissed off and quit the hobby cus u alwasy have to replace something.
All very true, after all my upgrades I still didn't have a quality truck, I used to support my LHS where I previously lived, now where I'm at, nope!, maybe some paint but other than that I'll support my local track first, some guys at the LHS drove me away from supporting them
Old 09-03-2013, 01:33 PM
Tech Adept

Sad but true.. I was thinking of attempting the whole sponsorship thing but once I realized you can have a cool guy t-shirt without sponsorship why bother lol... I already get awesome discounts from being in the military and I broadcast what I think is the best product regardless.. It's not like I'd get paid to race, now maybe if there was some underground high stakes gambling involved then I'd get into it lol!! (insert scary theme music here)
Old 09-03-2013, 01:43 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ArmySSG
Sad but true.. I was thinking of attempting the whole sponsorship thing but once I realized you can have a cool guy t-shirt without sponsorship why bother lol... I already get awesome discounts from being in the military and I broadcast what I think is the best product regardless.. It's not like I'd get paid to race, now maybe if there was some underground high stakes gambling involved then I'd get into it lol!! (insert scary theme music here)
Better chance of becoming a pro athlete or pro chess player than becoming a paid sponsored RC driver especially if you live outside of CA. keep livin the dream though, you never know.

...i mean amain is giving those tshirts away, you just have to pay them $150 and then you are sponsored!
Old 09-03-2013, 01:51 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Graham11

...i mean amain is giving those tshirts away, you just have to pay them $150 and then you are sponsored!
Hahaha I got sponsored from amain last week then

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.