R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree2Likes

Old 11-12-2012, 08:29 AM   #151
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Most 4x4 sct racers have 400$ in just their roller if they are competitive! A box scte is 300$ and most racers add the tlr kit and chassis thats an additional $230! A sc10 4x4 ft..is 350$ and alot of guys buy the exotek chassi for a 100$. So most competitive sct are 400$ as a roller the new durango is 429$ even
superslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:38 AM   #152
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cain View Post
For me personally, if its a durability upgrade,I rather have that out of the box than paying later for it. If its bling or mainly a lightening thing beyond a reasonable SCT weight, I am okay with buying that later.
exactly! i hated when the desc410 first came out and had to wait to get all the aluminum hinge pin holders just to keep the truck together for a heat

how many times have you heard fast, durable and cheap, you can only have two? well i'd rather have the first two

Last edited by hlb14; 11-12-2012 at 08:51 AM. Reason: .
hlb14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:42 AM   #153
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I think I can speak for us serious racer by saying if the kit is a true race truck, the price will not matter if it is worth it, so please sell it that way. I know i spent well over 500$ on my SC10 4x4 and 700$ on my Losi SCTE. I will have whatever I feel is best, and if this truck proves it is the best, then I will pay for it......... until then, ill be waiting, patiently.
Mikes Hobby Shop
symmetricon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:11 AM   #154
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I've thought about converting my eb48 to an sc truck but it would still weigh 6.5-7 pounds. I'm hoping this truck will weigh less than that. Electronics in my modded scte run a lot cooler with the weight below 6#. Will have to wait and see, especially with rumors of a lighter weight scte 2.0 coming out.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:22 AM   #155
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Excited about this truck. I may now pick up a EB48 as having my two main classes share 80% of parts would be NICE. My Durango is pretty dialed though, so it is an internal struggle if I want to give it up.

I don't know if it is a testament to how innovative the Tekno guys are that they listened to what many of us have been saying for the better part of two years about a lighter 1/8th based 4wd SCT with more durability OR sad the major companies can't seem to do the same thing quickly.

Really looking forward to this truck. I will pay whatever to get it, so please don't cheap out on the truck's parts out of the box to keep the broke racers happy. If it is based on the EB48, I'm sure no upgrades will be needed. This is a real race truck, not a RTR. I dumped like $700 bucks into my Losi to keep it together. Close with the Assoc & Durango.

Do it right the first time.

Sponsors: Visa, Mastercard, Amex, and my wife's bank account.
Edumakated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:45 AM   #156
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 223 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edumakated View Post
Excited about this truck. I may now pick up a EB48 as having my two main classes share 80% of parts would be NICE. My Durango is pretty dialed though, so it is an internal struggle if I want to give it up.

I don't know if it is a testament to how innovative the Tekno guys are that they listened to what many of us have been saying for the better part of two years about a lighter 1/8th based 4wd SCT with more durability OR sad the major companies can't seem to do the same thing quickly.

Really looking forward to this truck. I will pay whatever to get it, so please don't cheap out on the truck's parts out of the box to keep the broke racers happy. If it is based on the EB48, I'm sure no upgrades will be needed. This is a real race truck, not a RTR. I dumped like $700 bucks into my Losi to keep it together. Close with the Assoc & Durango.

Do it right the first time.
Definitely a plus that they share so much. Out here for outdoors the big classes were 1/8 E-Buggy and 1/10 4x4 SCT. Having something that can piggy back on parts a big plus. Having it not break often that I don't need the parts even better LOL.

As for other companies, I can imagine for some they may have too much invested in their 4x4 SCT to go that other route and kill its sales. And others may like the fact you dump so much into upgrades.

I agree though and like others here, we probably all want the vehicle to be done right as a real race truck, not cheapened out especially in the durability areas.
Old 11-12-2012, 11:39 AM   #157
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 124 (100%+)

Full Blown BAD ASS kit please!

I think the people have made their wishes clear
Old 11-12-2012, 11:52 AM   #158
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 223 (100%+)

One thing I wouldn't mind is if there is a light weight setup to use, I wouldn't mind having an "indoor" conversion available with all the goodies at once. so I just buy that and have it on hand without piecing everything together. But thats me.
Old 11-12-2012, 12:01 PM   #159
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

also, a conversion kit to change the EB48 to SC specs would be awesome.....since they're gonna share alot of parts.
Old 11-12-2012, 12:22 PM   #160
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neesh View Post
also, a conversion kit to change the EB48 to SC specs would be awesome.....since they're gonna share alot of parts.
Shhhhhhhh

Not a conversion
james633 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:26 PM   #161
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hi guys,

Thanks for the feedback. We're working on a way to cater to both groups (hardcore racer and casual racer).

There is no way to avoid raising the price for a full option kit. This would likely price us out of the market and reduce sales even though we are selling a higher quality product. So we still have to accommodate the general market if we want to continue to grow our company (i.e. basic version, sport version, etc).

There are a lot of 'standards' in the industry for dealing with these different demands already. We can roll out two different kits, we could have an option part kit, or just offer all of the options for a pick and choose type of customization. Or maybe we can do all of the above. Exactly what we do and how and when is still up in the air.

Obviously we want to maximize everything we do. That means maximizing our customer's satisfaction and product value while maximizing sales and growth potential so we can continue to offer new products and kits in a timely manner. We started manufacturing kits because we were unhappy with what the major manufacturers were offering in this ever-increasing corporatized industry. At this point, they are almost solely focused on the bottom line IMHO. However, they (major manufacturers) have been through this before and they have been around for decades so they are definitely doing something right. We remain committed to product innovation and customer satisfaction first. But that works only as long as we are selling enough product to keep everything going . In any case, we'll approach it with a new outlook and we think the results will be great.
Old 11-12-2012, 01:19 PM   #162
Tech Regular

Well I will buy what ever you bring out. Losi's approach might be the best. Bring out a reasonable prices kit and offer a tuning package.
james633 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:49 PM   #163
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by teknorc View Post
Hi guys,

Thanks for the feedback. We're working on a way to cater to both groups (hardcore racer and casual racer).

There is no way to avoid raising the price for a full option kit. This would likely price us out of the market and reduce sales even though we are selling a higher quality product. So we still have to accommodate the general market if we want to continue to grow our company (i.e. basic version, sport version, etc).

There are a lot of 'standards' in the industry for dealing with these different demands already. We can roll out two different kits, we could have an option part kit, or just offer all of the options for a pick and choose type of customization. Or maybe we can do all of the above. Exactly what we do and how and when is still up in the air.

Obviously we want to maximize everything we do. That means maximizing our customer's satisfaction and product value while maximizing sales and growth potential so we can continue to offer new products and kits in a timely manner. We started manufacturing kits because we were unhappy with what the major manufacturers were offering in this ever-increasing corporatized industry. At this point, they are almost solely focused on the bottom line IMHO. However, they (major manufacturers) have been through this before and they have been around for decades so they are definitely doing something right. We remain committed to product innovation and customer satisfaction first. But that works only as long as we are selling enough product to keep everything going . In any case, we'll approach it with a new outlook and we think the results will be great.
Danny this is very well put.

Keep in mind that they have only been around for so long because that's all we have to chose from. It's nice to see a new company to chose besides the same old. Tekno is offering up a eb48 for example that should sell for a couple hundred more imo, and in a kit form, and imo is far superior to any other kit on the market hands down. I firmly believe that if you keep putting out these top notch kits like you are, the other guys will build kits to compete with you but there prices will be a lot more than yours. You hit the nail on the head where the other guys only care about bottom line. I'm so sick and tired of getting rtrs with shitty electronics, or having to buy two or three different parts bags to fix one part. I like what you're doing, and I believe Tekno is going to revolutionize this hobby in the best way possible.....Durability, fast, fair pricing and best design possible.
Old 11-12-2012, 02:08 PM   #164
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunkysandoval View Post
I would prefer a kit that is priced more like the EB and had all the EB48 machined and anodized bits included, but I would understand if the kit was made more affordable to be competitve with the price of other available 4x4s.
I could not agree more. I love my scte but it has taken more money than an eb48 to get it there. Please give me the race ready car from the start. I will pay the same price as the eb48 and still be ahead.
crash n go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 02:40 PM   #165
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 124 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Thanks for sharing some your insight on the topic Danny. Which ever way you decide to roll the product out, please know that you have full support of many satisfied customers behind you. The EB48 is the BEST e-buggy that I've ever owned (which has been many) and I will definitely be picking up the SCT410 as well in whatever form it is available in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teknorc View Post
Hi guys,