XB4 ECS Drive Shafts

• Decreases vibration
• Improves stability
• Increases steering
• Improves cornering speed
• Improves traction on rear suspension
• Improves landing after jumps
• Easier to drive

The unique XRAY ECS Drive Shaft equalizes the speed between the drive shaft and the wheel. With a unique 2-piece joint between the axle and the wheel, the same extreme wheel turning angle is divided into two shallower angles without joint binding. This means that at the same cornering speed, the inner wheel will not bind or vibrate. Drive through the corner is more stable, more precise, and easier to drive. When used in rear the ECS drive shafts help to improve traction as well. The ECS Drive Shafts help also with improved landing after jumps.

With the ECS drive shafts, wheel vibrations and noise are decreased to minimum, steering is increased, stability of the car is increased and cornering speed and smoothness are noticeably increased as well. A must have option part.

#365200 ECS Front Drive Shaft 81mm - HUDY Spring Steel™ (fits XB4)
#365300 ECS Rear Drive Shaft 68mm - HUDY Spring Steel™ (fits XB4 & XB2)

http://bit.ly/1JkkL3B

Bent

So I know Bent will have something to say about this post because to him Xray can never do no wrong (haha) and he is right "that no one is making us buy this" but at $41 US dollars each, If you do the math that's $82 plus shipping for fronts and $82 for the rears. Now no one is saying we have to buy this, but Xray themselfs are saying "Vibrate and destabilize the car" that with the stock ones the inner turning wheel will shake and vibrate not giving you its full potential of traction/steering . So basically we got to pay $82 buck to fix that and $82 to get more rear traction. Just seem alittle expensive to me to fix a issue that came with a kit i have already paid for. I myself will still be buying them but it will hurt pushing that "Checkout" button even more this time around. I know you get what you Pay For as I own this 16spec and a mp9e, but to me this seems alittle over priced thats all.

and yes ill be getting them

Last edited by randy0025; 01-21-2016 at 09:07 AM.
Old 01-21-2016, 09:05 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by randy0025
So I know Bent will have something to say about this post because to him Xray can never do no wrong and he is right "that no one is making us buy this" but at $41 US dollars each, If you do the math that's $82 plus shipping for fronts and $82 for the rears. Now no one is saying we have to buy this, but Xray themselfs are saying "Vibrate and destabilize the car" that with the stock ones the inner turning wheel will shake and vibrate not giving you its full potential of traction/steering . So basically we got to pay $82 buck to fix that and $82 to get more rear traction. Just seem alittle expensive to me to fix a issue that came with a kit i have already paid for. I myself will still be buying them but it will hurt pushing that "Checkout" button even more this time around. I know you get what you Pay For as I own this 16spec and a mp9e, but to me this seems alittle over priced thats all.

Can you name just one 1/10 buggy that comes with ECS shafts as standard Randy ?

Bent
Old 01-21-2016, 09:14 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BentKa
Can you name just one 1/10 buggy that comes with ECS shafts as standard Randy ?

Bent
Durango 410v5 has there own version and they come standard in the front.
Old 01-21-2016, 09:41 AM
Tech Rookie

So how do I gain just a bit more rear chassis roll, without lowering the rear camber link, and without any shock package change? Lowering the link is a tad too much. I could run a thinner rear sway bar, but I need more initial roll, not total roll. Appreciate any suggestions.
Old 01-21-2016, 09:47 AM
Tech Master

No, the Durango V5 has CVD axels front and rear just like the XB4 (but with the option of 2 widths) and universal center shafts due to the angles of the drive train.

Bent
Old 01-21-2016, 10:14 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

The exploded view of the DEX410V5 from the Durango website only shows front CVD. http://www.team-durango.com/pdf/expl...6/TD102036.pdf
Old 01-21-2016, 10:16 AM
Tech Regular

The back only has 2 different spots to mount the axle, nothing close to the ECS...
Old 01-21-2016, 10:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BentKa
The low height graphite gears come standard in the '16 XB2 and XB4

Personally I like to use the alu. hard coated pins with graphite gears and steel pins with steel gears, but we've never had any issues with the stock composite cross pin.

Using the composite cross pin will give you the lightest diff possible (as I'm sure you already know) so it will spool up even faster

Bent

Thank you Bentka! as always your knowledge and help is greatly appreciated my friend.
Old 01-21-2016, 11:57 AM
Tech Master

So I know Bent will have something to say about this post because to him Xray can never do no wrong (haha) and he is right "that no one is making us buy this" but at $41 US dollars each, If you do the math that's $82 plus shipping for fronts and $82 for the rears. Now no one is saying we have to buy this, but Xray themselfs are saying "Vibrate and destabilize the car" that with the stock ones the inner turning wheel will shake and vibrate not giving you its full potential of traction/steering . So basically we got to pay $82 buck to fix that and $82 to get more rear traction. Just seem alittle expensive to me to fix a issue that came with a kit i have already paid for. I myself will still be buying them but it will hurt pushing that "Checkout" button even more this time around. I know you get what you Pay For as I own this 16spec and a mp9e, but to me this seems alittle over priced thats all.

If you want to save a little coin you could purchase the Spec R front double cardone for the XB4. SPEC R does not make rears but they have had the fronts out for a while at $48 for the front pair.
Old 01-21-2016, 12:01 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Norse
If you want to save a little coin you could purchase the Spec R front double cardone for the XB4. SPEC R does not make rears but they have had the fronts out for a while at $48 for the front pair.

sweet, I totally forgot about them. I have the Spec R wing mount and love the design as it grabs more surface area of the rear bulkhead. thanks for this info. atleast I can save alittle coin on the fronts.
Old 01-21-2016, 12:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

I was about to order them . They come in singles? What a sham. This is def sumn that should be sold as a pair. Makes me sick.
Old 01-21-2016, 01:01 PM
Tech Master

sweet, I totally forgot about them. I have the Spec R wing mount and love the design as it grabs more surface area of the rear bulkhead. thanks for this info. atleast I can save alittle coin on the fronts.
No Problemo brother. The Spec R wing mount is sweet. Spec R ships pretty damn fast to.
Old 01-21-2016, 02:07 PM
Tech Rookie

I have a newbie problem...Today I rebleed the shocks to 0% rebound and give me correctly this rebound but If I take out the shaft completelly,the shaft is slowing put inside the shock,what Im doing wrong?.When I builded the car the shaft dont do this.Sorry for my english Im from Spain

Thanks in advance
Old 01-21-2016, 02:25 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Norse
Both good info guys! Thanks.
Old 01-21-2016, 02:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by atipowered
I have a newbie problem...Today I rebleed the shocks to 0% rebound and give me correctly this rebound but If I take out the shaft completelly,the shaft is slowing put inside the shock,what Im doing wrong?.When I builded the car the shaft dont do this.Sorry for my english Im from Spain

Thanks in advance
That's normal. No worries.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.