Search
Like Tree246Likes

Xray XB4 thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2016, 01:50 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jakeb
Hey All,

New to the Xray platform as I will be receiving an new XB4 in the next few days.

Looking through the manual I notice that there aren't any shock shaft measurements or free length measurements to get baseline droop setup, aside from the number of shims under the piston.

How are you all doing it? Are you just setting shock shaft length to one consistent measurement or are you using some form of droop measurement during final setup?

Thanks a bunch.

- Jake
Easy…..you build the shocks with the shock rod ends screwed on with no visible threads showing on the shock shaft.

Droop is then adjusted with shims inside shocks or if more droop is needed by unscrewing the shock rod ends 2-3 full turns.

Bent
Old 01-11-2016, 01:51 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by crusty
What are you guys using for a fan mount on the xb4?
Double sided clear servo tape.

Bent
Old 01-11-2016, 06:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

If using the 16 bulkheads on my 15 is all I need to do is dremel the towers to clear the added bracing on the 16 bulks?
Also, is it possible to just use 16 towers with the 16 bulks and not have to change anything else? Are the 16 towers any different than the 15 towers (other than the notches for the clearance of the bulk bracing)?
Old 01-11-2016, 06:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slapjack
If using the 16 bulkheads on my 15 is all I need to do is dremel the towers to clear the added bracing on the 16 bulks?
Also, is it possible to just use 16 towers with the 16 bulks and not have to change anything else? Are the 16 towers any different than the 15 towers (other than the notches for the clearance of the bulk bracing)?
you can make the 16 towers work on a 15 but, yes you will need to do a little dremel work, more specifically the rear tower.

geometry is a little bit different with the 16 towers.

best bet is to get the 16 bulkheads and towers
Old 01-11-2016, 08:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Norse
I agree with you and the new the 3 pad slipper. I know some fellas whom are using Mczkune pads with the Optional 3pad slipper in their YZ4's in which they are having better than excellent results on everything from very low bite to super high and all between. I may try see if they have Mckune pads for the XB4 and try them out.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on how the medium flex chassis braces and side rails work.

Thanks Brother
I ran the medium braces and side guards today and they did exactly what Bent said they would. The car is easier to drive and not as twitchy. My fast lap was the same as with the hard parts, but I was able to drive hard without it feeling like I was on the edge of control. Thanks Bent. Good advice.
Old 01-11-2016, 08:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcgod
I ran the medium braces and side guards today and they did exactly what Bent said they would. The car is easier to drive and not as twitchy. My fast lap was the same as with the hard parts, but I was able to drive hard without it feeling like I was on the edge of control. Thanks Bent. Good advice.
You won't be testing alone. I will soon have mine. We will have some fun 😉
Old 01-11-2016, 11:15 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rcgod
You're very welcome

Bent
Old 01-11-2016, 11:17 PM
Tech Rookie

A question, should the plastic rear chassiplate ( under the bulkhead) be used?
Anyone use the 3mm chassi?
Old 01-11-2016, 11:58 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by volvofreak
A question, should the plastic rear chassiplate ( under the bulkhead) be used?
Anyone use the 3mm chassi?
No rear chassis plate for the '15 and '16

The 3mm chassis is an awesome upgrade for the '15 model when used on high grip carpet and astro tracks

Bent
Old 01-12-2016, 12:03 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Anyone try rear motor yet?
Old 01-12-2016, 12:12 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by BentKa
No rear chassis plate for the '15 and '16

The 3mm chassis is an awesome upgrade for the '15 model when used on high grip carpet and astro tracks

Bent
Thanks bent for fast reply
Old 01-12-2016, 12:14 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by LAGuy
Anyone try rear motor yet?
You mean the shorter rear center driveshaft and longer front to move the motor more to the rear ?

We only use the standard forward mounting unless we're on a really blown out dirt track.

On anything else we prefer the added steering of the standard layout

Bent
Old 01-12-2016, 12:18 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks bent for fast reply
I have used 3mm chassi now for a week and i agree its make the car so predictible in the steering. Just want to hear other persons opinion about this. How about 12' Alu casterblock?
Old 01-12-2016, 12:22 AM
Tech Master

I have used 3mm chassi now for a week and i agree its make the car so predictible in the steering. Just want to hear other persons opinion about this. How about 12' Alu casterblock?
For astro and carpet we always run the 12* C-hubs, alu. ackermann bar and alu. rear uprights, no top decks and only the front steering brace to get maximum steering

I'm assuming you run carpet or astro ?

Bent
Old 01-12-2016, 12:29 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by BentKa
For astro and carpet we always run the 12* C-hubs, alu. ackermann bar and alu. rear uprights, no top decks and only the front steering brace to get maximum steering

I'm assuming you run carpet or astro ?

Bent
Yes running on carpet. Ackermann plate, i have that but i have problem with bumpsteer. I have to put 6mm washer to make it work properly is that correct? Use 9' casterblock

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.