Search
Like Tree246Likes

Xray XB4 thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2015, 08:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by slakr
It's very nice to have Bent back on the forum!
Definetly agree with you.
Old 03-28-2015, 10:03 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BentKa
New Xray XB2 is working really good so far

Bent
Can't wait to upgrade from my current 2wd buggy.
Old 03-28-2015, 10:06 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Norse
Anyone receive their Rear Rear replacement hanger? Another question: has anyone had any issue with the rear front hanger being off? Thought I would inquire as the rear front hanger looks to be fine.

Best,

N
Does anyone know if I purchase this kit from Amain hobbies will it come with the updated rear rear hanger in the kit? Have all the defective kits been weeded out?
Old 03-28-2015, 10:08 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by LT FAB
Does anyone know if I purchase this kit from Amain hobbies will it come with the updated rear rear hanger in the kit? Have all the defective kits been weeded out?

Good question. I think someone posted a few pages ago that they received their kit with a letter about the problem but I don't think the replacement part was in the box.

I'm still waiting to receive mine. Seems like it's been forever.
Old 03-28-2015, 10:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

I emailed amain about the replacement hanger since I purchased my kit there. They said I have to go thru rcamerica.
Old 03-28-2015, 10:55 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by LT FAB
If you buy a new XB4 from AMAIN you will recieve the Rear Rear replacement hanger within a week after you recieve the kit. That has been the trend for those whom have bought the XB4 from AMAIN within the past 10 days.
One would think those whom purchase the XB4 from AMAIN being today and going forward would receive the RR replacement hanger with their kit.
I am not positive but it would make sense. I would email or call AMAIN and ask them if you buy the kit will the RR re hanger be included with the shipped kit.

Best,
Old 03-28-2015, 11:07 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rcgod
I emailed amain about the replacement hanger since I purchased my kit there. They said I have to go thru rcamerica.
That sucks!! They should supply the RR replacement hanger to all of their customers whom have purchased the 15 kit previous to this issue being discovered and thus acknowledged. It's understandable they need to provide the RR replacement to consumers whom are purchasing the kit after the issue was acknowledged. With that being said it is a inexpensive part to manfacture thus anyone whom has purchased the new kit from any official dist. or retailer should be provided the replacement from the entity the purchased their kit from.

Simple good old fashioned customer service needs to be provided.

Let's hope people whom have bought the kit a while ago are provided the part very soon.
Old 03-28-2015, 11:20 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Norse
That sucks!! They should supply the RR replacement hanger to all of their customers whom have purchased the 15 kit previous to this issue being discovered and thus acknowledged. It's understandable they need to provide the RR replacement to consumers whom are purchasing the kit after the issue was acknowledged. With that being said it is a inexpensive part to manfacture thus anyone whom has purchased the new kit from any official dist. or retailer should be provided the replacement from the entity the purchased their kit from.

Simple good old fashioned customer service needs to be provided.

Let's hope people whom have bought the kit a while ago are provided the part very soon.
By all rights this should apply to anybody who purchased a '14 kit as well, as every one of those most of us have seen were off as well. There have been a couple people that refuse to admit it, but it is HIGHLY unlikely that a couple of them out of thousands were actually right for some reason.......Also the brass pieces.
Old 03-28-2015, 11:39 AM
Tech Adept

Hey guys, just wanted to post up that I received my updated RR hanger from RC America in today's mail. Came in a regular 3.5 x 6.5 plain white envelope, so keep an eye out for yours.

I checked it with calipers and it's correct L/R.

FYI: I emailed them and was added to the list on Feb. 20 in case anyone is wondering about turnaround time based on when you got on the list for replacement.

Last edited by jmkalt; 03-28-2015 at 11:49 AM.
Old 03-28-2015, 11:59 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by kevinpratt823
By all rights this should apply to anybody who purchased a '14 kit as well, as every one of those most of us have seen were off as well. There have been a couple people that refuse to admit it, but it is HIGHLY unlikely that a couple of them out of thousands were actually right for some reason.......Also the brass pieces.
I agree with you Kevin, wether a 14 or 15 owner; one should have the RR hanger replaced.
I was going to buy the brass hangers but as you mention above people have confirmed the RR brass being off as well.
Old 03-28-2015, 12:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jmkalt
Hey guys, just wanted to post up that I received my updated RR hanger from RC America in today's mail. Came in a regular 3.5 x 6.5 plain white envelope, so keep an eye out for yours.

FYI: I emailed them and was added to the list on Feb. 20 in case anyone is wondering about turnaround time based on when you got on the list for replacement.
I got mine today as well.
I cant remember when I called them but it was some time in February.
Old 03-28-2015, 12:05 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jmkalt

Sweet!! That's great news
Old 03-28-2015, 12:17 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BentKa
New Xray XB2 is working really good so far

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Bent
Bent,

That's good news thus your relaying how well the new XB2 is performing increases the excitment for the kit to be released. Looking forward to being able to purchase the XB2 as I have not owned a 2wd buggy since the late 80's 😀. Man I am getting old.

Have an excellent rest of the weekend
Old 03-28-2015, 02:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I just got my new corrected rear hanger in the mail from rcamerica!
Old 03-28-2015, 02:41 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by kevinpratt823
I just got my new corrected rear hanger in the mail from rcamerica!
Sweet!!! Craziness as mine was in today's mail as well.

Have a great weekend fellow XB4 owners the hangers are showing up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.