Like Tree246Likes

Xray XB4 thread

Old 06-15-2014, 07:08 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by evolution03
I will probably be picking some of those up. Does anyone know when they are expected to be released?
anyone heard when these will come out? I keep chewing inputs and ring gears.

Old 06-15-2014, 08:52 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mullet1
anyone heard when these will come out? I keep chewing inputs and ring gears.

You shouldn't need them. I have a 13 car and when I went to the 14 slipper pads and spring set correctly I have about 15 races on them without any issues.
Old 06-15-2014, 10:16 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by kyok2
You shouldn't need them. I have a 13 car and when I went to the 14 slipper pads and spring set correctly I have about 15 races on them without any issues.
Thanks for your opinion but I'll take the metal gears.
Old 06-15-2014, 12:47 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks for your opinion but I'll take the metal gears.
Not trying to tell you what to do but if you keep tearing up the plastic when you put the metal in there you just going to transfer the damage somewhere else in the drivetrain.
Old 06-15-2014, 01:50 PM
Tech Addict

Not trying to tell you what to do but if you keep tearing up the plastic when you put the metal in there you just going to transfer the damage somewhere else in the drivetrain.
Yes I'm aware of that thanks.

Any other knowledge you want to share?
Old 06-15-2014, 01:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

they should have been metal in the first place just my opinion i haven't had the problem but plenty of people have
Old 06-15-2014, 02:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Nice shitty ass attitude mulletttttttt
Old 06-15-2014, 02:27 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by gsracer
Yeah I know. Some people you just can't give advise to. Guess he will just keep stripping gears then.
Old 06-15-2014, 02:35 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Boz
Mine is the same Jimmy. It's a little frustrating. Mine is most noticeable when heading up to this 180deg corner on our track where I'm hard on the brakes to slow down. It feels a but unstable and every now and then it catches me out and back end lets go.

Is yours under brakes or acceleration??

I have mainly played around with pistons, oils and spring combo's but have never found anything that has kept it in contact with the track in that section. What oil,spring and pistons are you using?

Saying that, I do have the best car that can constantly take the sweeper at the end of the straight at the highest speed. Go figure!!! It just rides the bumps in the sweeper so well.

I haven't tried weights in the rear end yet.
Given advice a few posts later than yours to try the Avid pistons. Getting them in the UK is tricky, but I'll try.

With that in mind I set up a short faced ramp (similar to the one that drove me nuts at the Regionals) and ran the car over it a few times. As before, with a super short run up the car nose dived straight into the lawn! And that is with the power on. Out with the Caster, same jump - flies flat.

So, I popped off the rear shocks and upped the shock oil from 300CST to 350CST. Improvement instantly! Upped again to 400CST and we're pretty much sorted. It was really just underdamped.

What was happening, I think, is that the car was hitting the ramp, bottoming out and just rebounding into the air. The heavier oil has slowed the compression down so the bottoming is less severe and, of course, the rebound is also more controlled. Much, much better!

I run under lipo weights and will be running under gearbox weights too. The current leader of the Scottish championships is running an XB4 and he has the back of his fully loaded!

Jimmy
Old 06-15-2014, 06:06 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by evolution03
they should have been metal in the first place just my opinion i haven't had the problem but plenty of people have

I agree.

Yeah I know. Some people you just can't give advise to. Guess he will just keep stripping gears then.
Gets old hearing people thinking they know everything and want to tell everyone else. Give advice when people ask, not when you think they need it.
Old 06-15-2014, 07:23 PM
Boz
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Opinion or Advice.
Apple or Orange.

Again, your opinion.

Neither of you answered his first question.

If Mullet1 wants to spent his $'s on metal gears, let him. If it helps him finish races instead of DNF's or having to replace them during a round, install the metal gears. For all I know he could be crash into everything on the track. Personally, I don't care. But if these gears keep him running an Xray, then that is fine by me.
Old 06-15-2014, 10:36 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Boz
Opinion or Advice.
Apple or Orange.

Again, your opinion.

If Mullet1 wants to spent his $'s on metal gears, let him. If it helps him finish races instead of DNF's or having to replace them during a round, install the metal gears. For all I know he could be crash into everything on the track. Personally, I don't care. But if these gears keep him running an Xray, then that is fine by me.

+1
Old 06-16-2014, 05:33 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Boz
Opinion or Advice.
Apple or Orange.

Again, your opinion.

Originally Posted by fullout
+1
+2
Old 06-16-2014, 05:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

+2
+3! Lol. I swear.....
Old 06-16-2014, 05:45 AM
Boz
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by symmetricon
+3! Lol. I swear.....
Sorry, your +1 is invalid because you drive TLR.

The score is back to +2

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.