Search
Like Tree246Likes

Xray XB4 thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2013, 08:02 AM
Boz
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

In our eyes we see it as perfect. You on the other hand do not. That is not our problem. Us Xray supported drivers are very happy with the car and reliability of it. I believe some drivers do expect to much out of a toy car. Next time when i require marshalling, i will start to yell at them because they aren't run like Usain Bolt to pick my car up. A part of the drive line will break if the slipper is locked up. Set it right and you will reduce something from breaking. I am yet to damage a pinion or crown gear. If you are doing one every race, then you must be doing something incorrectly. Bentka is right, set the slipper correctly.
Old 10-10-2013, 08:40 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

with all this slipper talk what are you setting your slipper to. i no it depends on the track. i run on a high bite clay track with alot of traction. whats a good setting.
Old 10-10-2013, 09:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Slipper settings aren't universal unfortunately. They depend on the available traction, and the condition of your slipper pads/disks. 5 turns-in on a new setup is vastly differnt than 5 turns-in on something that's been beat on for a year.

It's always safer to start a little loose, and work your way up in small increments.
Old 10-10-2013, 10:39 AM
Tech Champion

we couldn't wait so this is our new car

it's an used roller that has 1 race

I'm impressed with the quality so far, it's just like a small 1/8 buggy
Old 10-10-2013, 10:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Awesome Pulse you will love this car!!

Again the composite pinion issue!! Its not an issue, I prefer the composite V2s over the metals. The car accelerates like it has a ball diff in it, what more performance do you guys need. Set the slipper correct and drive it, it does not chew up the gears then. It was not a cost cutting issue by xray, cos they replaced everybody's V1s with the V2 kit for free.
Old 10-10-2013, 11:07 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by aloksatoor
Awesome Pulse you will love this car!!

Again the composite pinion issue!! Its not an issue, I prefer the composite V2s over the metals. The car accelerates like it has a ball diff in it, what more performance do you guys need. Set the slipper correct and drive it, it does not chew up the gears then. It was not a cost cutting issue by xray, cos they replaced everybody's V1s with the V2 kit for free.
I'm so excited to get it on the track, I never ran 1/10 4wd so I have no idea about how they drive

the seller gave me a few parts including steel gears if needed and it has all the updates on it

do you have any further advice for setting the slipper?
Old 10-10-2013, 11:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pulse_
I'm so excited to get it on the track, I never ran 1/10 4wd so I have no idea about how they drive

the seller gave me a few parts including steel gears if needed and it has all the updates on it

do you have any further advice for setting the slipper?
This car is a beast. You can set it up to drive like a 1/8 buggy or a touring car. I tried both and prefer the later, at least faster on the sheets and kinder on tires . Think a 2wd buggy on steroids with precise in air control, and ability to get out of dodgy traction conditions with ease. Wheelers are land rockets.

Everyone has their way. I just put two 1/16 or 1.5mm drivers through the outdrives, hold them fast and see if I can spin the spur gear with bare fingers. Its just a feel I suppose maybe someone can elaborate their methods. I never went with xrays recommendation in manual. Always set it by hand. Also scuff up the pads if they glaze up with 220 grit sandpaper. Since your car is new you won't have to do much of it. This weekend I was doing wheelies on the straight so obviously the slipper was a bit off but no damage with a tekin 6.5 at full tilt with boost.
Old 10-10-2013, 11:18 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by aloksatoor
Everyone has their way. I just put two 1/16 or 1.5mm drivers through the outdrives, hold them fast and see if I can spin the spur gear with bare fingers. Its just a feel I suppose maybe someone can elaborate their methods. I never went with xrays recommendation in manual. Always set it by hand. Also scuff up the pads if they glaze up with 220 grit sandpaper. Since your car is new you won't have to do much of it. This weekend I was doing wheelies on the straight so obviously the slipper was a bit off but no damage with a tekin 6.5 at full tilt with boost.
I'll use a 7.5 to begin with so it should be ok then , thanks for sharing your tips!
Old 10-10-2013, 06:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Originally Posted by Pulse_

I'm impressed with the quality so far, it's just like a small 1/8 buggy
HB will dispute this very soon.
Old 10-10-2013, 06:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by leongkc
HB will dispute this very soon.
What's that mean?
Old 10-10-2013, 06:46 PM
Tech Addict

When will this be on the US market?
Old 10-10-2013, 07:28 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by JasonR/C
What's that mean?
Don't listen to ignorant leongkc. It was a some brand that tried to dispute hb when hb won nationals. That guy has it backwards
Old 10-10-2013, 07:47 PM
Tech Regular

Hey bent, at least the cheap cars made in the far east have bullet proof drive line. Adjusting the slipper to prevent damage is right, but that gives u less options. Some might notice that they want to go tighter on some tracks, but can't because it's at it's limit. Yet u still pretend like that doesn't matter. This thread is full of blind xray fans. Unsubscribed
Old 10-10-2013, 08:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

All cars have their own issues. I went from racing on loamy dirt, to high bite clay, and now carpet/turf and with a small adjustment on the slipper the car is hooked up. Ya I chewed up the bevel gear but that was a v1 AND it was my fault for having too much brake and slipper way too tight. Subscribe

Last edited by joeymdz; 10-11-2013 at 06:48 AM.
Old 10-10-2013, 11:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Originally Posted by latentspeed
Hey bent, at least the cheap cars made in the far east have bullet proof drive line. Adjusting the slipper to prevent damage is right, but that gives u less options. Some might notice that they want to go tighter on some tracks, but can't because it's at it's limit. Yet u still pretend like that doesn't matter. This thread is full of blind xray fans. Unsubscribed
Thanks for doing us all a favor. It's hilarious how you are an expert on a car you've said you don't even own.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.