R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree38Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-27-2016, 08:55 PM   #11536
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,052
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

I run plastic internals.... .....
__________________
Leon McIntosh
PRO-LINE--XRAY--RCAmerica--FX Engines--NitroPro Fuel--Kustom R/C Graphics--Schelle Racing

******* DialedSetups.com ****** Check it out!!!!!
punkracer24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 09:06 PM   #11537
Tech Adept
 
Pville Stig's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Texas
Posts: 239
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkracer24 View Post
I run plastic internals.... .....
+1

Why not run aluminum parts in mod? The weight difference between the steel parts and the composite is 10 grams per diff. Aluminum would be close in weight to composite and be just as durable. Composite is a major advantage in 13.5 racing. Nice to have these options!
__________________
RC America/XRAY
LRP America
AKA Products
Pville Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 03:27 AM   #11538
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Brookhaven PA
Posts: 458
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

thanks
BiLL77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 09:07 AM   #11539
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 780
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkracer24 View Post
I run plastic internals.... .....
ok im sure a couple use the composite internals, but doesn't most of the team use steel gears with hardened alum cross pins?

that's what Bent said and i also see it on the upgrade sheets for the team drivers...
__________________
| XRAY XB8E 16' | XRAY XB4 16' | XRAY XB2 CE 17' |
| New England | RCE | RCM |
lyons238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 09:14 AM   #11540
Tech Master
 
BentKa's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Norway
Posts: 1,348
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyons238 View Post
ok im sure a couple use the composite internals, but doesn't most of the team use steel gears with hardened alum cross pins?

that's what Bent said and i also see it on the upgrade sheets for the team drivers...
For high grip like astro and carpet we run all metal inside and outside of the diffs.

On low grip like dirt we run all composite inside and outside the diffs with alu. pins as it creates more traction.

Bent
BentKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 09:41 AM   #11541
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 780
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentKa View Post
For high grip like astro and carpet we run all metal inside and outside of the diffs.

On low grip like dirt we run all composite inside and outside the diffs with alu. pins as it creates more traction.

Bent
i thought you said different previously. what about on med-high bite cement like indoor clay where proline primes are used or worn electrons? the steel diff gears seem to be working well for me there. curious what the team uses on that surface though.
__________________
| XRAY XB8E 16' | XRAY XB4 16' | XRAY XB2 CE 17' |
| New England | RCE | RCM |
lyons238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 03:22 PM   #11542
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Brookhaven PA
Posts: 458
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentKa View Post
For high grip like astro and carpet we run all metal inside and outside of the diffs.

On low grip like dirt we run all composite inside and outside the diffs with alu. pins as it creates more traction.

Bent

Thanks
BiLL77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 01:46 AM   #11543
Tech Fanatic
 
mourinho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 790
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default

regarding the 81mm ECS driveshaft, does anyone know the part number for the coupling Pin w/Flat Spot?

i assembled the shafts with loctite on all the grub screws, nonetheless on the second run they completely exploded and now i have to buy new couplers and pins at $8 a piece... easy way to ruin a nights racing.
mourinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 03:28 AM   #11544
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Brookhaven PA
Posts: 458
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

What are the benefits of the ecs driveshafts?
BiLL77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 07:50 AM   #11545
Tech Elite
 
Zerodefect's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Underground, Ohio
Posts: 4,304
Default

Better steering.
Zerodefect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 09:14 AM   #11546
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 780
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mourinho View Post
regarding the 81mm ECS driveshaft, does anyone know the part number for the coupling Pin w/Flat Spot?

i assembled the shafts with loctite on all the grub screws, nonetheless on the second run they completely exploded and now i have to buy new couplers and pins at $8 a piece... easy way to ruin a nights racing.
Call RC America they will hook you up and they ship fast.

When you build the ecs again do not use grease until after the lot items has dried. Then shrink wrap them so the edges go over the outer barrel that will keep the pins intact and the dirt out.
lyons238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 04:36 PM   #11547
Tech Fanatic
 
mourinho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 790
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyons238 View Post
Call RC America they will hook you up and they ship fast.

When you build the ecs again do not use grease until after the lot items has dried. Then shrink wrap them so the edges go over the outer barrel that will keep the pins intact and the dirt out.
good idea about the shrinkwrap. thanks
mourinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 06:04 AM   #11548
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 238
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

I'm new to the xray world..

I have read about rear suspension mount being incorrect, is there a revised part for this problem?
hyperdive08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 07:43 AM   #11549
Tech Regular
 
xyzracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: bakersfield
Posts: 370
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperdive08 View Post
I'm new to the xray world..

I have read about rear suspension mount being incorrect, is there a revised part for this problem?
i think you are referring to the xb2. it has/had an issue with the rear hinge pin mount breaking.

there are no issues with the xb4 that I am aware of.
xyzracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 01:06 PM   #11550
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 238
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

I believe it was one side of the car having more toe than the other...Soemething to the effect of not being centered on chassis... Its a world champion car.......... People will find something,if you look hard enough.

Now for a rear question. New cut staggers and mini pins ,the car want to traction roll like VERY easily. Using Bruno set up from last eos.

Any tips?? Im a 2wd guy so this insane traction is different..

The track is high grip carpet track.
hyperdive08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
EP buggies thread sim600 Malaysian R/C Racers 3586 03-30-2016 11:53 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:05 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net