Like Tree246Likes

Xray XB4 thread

Old 07-06-2016, 11:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rekim
i am just about finished building my xb4. i find that the servo horn slightly rubs against the body when turning the wheels. has anyone else seen this or have i messed something up
I use this and it works and fits perfectly:

https://www.amainhobbies.com/exotek-...547blk/p467028
Old 07-06-2016, 11:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LAGuy
I use this and it works and fits perfectly:

https://www.amainhobbies.com/exotek-...547blk/p467028
I wouldn't recommend this servo horn. There is a 5mm gap from the output gear to the end of that servo horn. You want the steering link to run perfectly straight from the servo horn to the servo savor/mount point on the steering arm/rack. This 5mm gap would make you have to run a number of spacers between the servo horn and the ball stud as I already have to run spacers even with a much flatter servo horn. Also if you're using a Savox servo or a Hitec servo where the output gear is further forward relative to the servo mounting tabs, than that will further embellish this issue.

Show a pic of your steering link relative to your servo horn and servo savor. does it run perfectly square across or is it angled?
Old 07-06-2016, 01:07 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by lyons238
i have the mckune pads, do you think those would allow for more slip or less? i have yet to try them...
I've got the McKune pads in my YZ-4, I find that you can get the same amount of slip as std pads, but they don't seem to be effected by heat as much. I'd had the std pads overheat a couple of times, the McKune's don't.
Old 07-06-2016, 01:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by John Myall
I've got the McKune pads in my YZ-4, I find that you can get the same amount of slip as std pads, but they don't seem to be effected by heat as much. I'd had the std pads overheat a couple of times, the McKune's don't.
how do i get more slip outa my slipper yo?

seriously lol xb4 set to 0mm with std pads, barely ever slips. basically non existent with a 5.5t motor and 18/81 gearing i believe it is.
Old 07-06-2016, 02:14 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by light
Check to make sure the out drive on the wheel that shake has the small pin in the right hole. When I built mine I put the pin in the larger hole on part number 365230 and the wheel shook a lot

G Wood
this was it exactly. i cant believe i missed that. thank you so much
no more wobble
Old 07-07-2016, 06:08 AM
Tech Regular

seriously lol xb4 set to 0mm with std pads, barely ever slips. basically non existent with a 5.5t motor and 18/81 gearing i believe it is.

It does seem a hard thing to get more slip when you can't loosen it off anymore doesn't it!

Maybe there are some different pads that will fit, but have different/less grip to the kits pads
Old 07-07-2016, 06:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

It does seem a hard thing to get more slip when you can't loosen it off anymore doesn't it!

Maybe there are some different pads that will fit, but have different/less grip to the kits pads
I have the Mckune pads. My thoughts are I might try to sand them down with a sanding block or something. But it would be hard to do so evenly without machining, but possible.
Old 07-07-2016, 12:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

who uses a center gear diff on their xb4 16? the screws that hold the spur gear on the center gear diff rub on the inner motor mount screw. i tried shimming it a bit but it still rubs. has anyone else experienced this? is this normal?

i was considering buying a counter sink bit, counter sinking the inner motor mount screw hole and using a flat head screw...thoughts?
Old 07-07-2016, 12:46 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

who uses a center gear diff on their xb4 16? the screws that hold the spur gear on the center gear diff rub on the inner motor mount screw. i tried shimming it a bit but it still rubs. has anyone else experienced this? is this normal?

i was considering buying a counter sink bit, counter sinking the inner motor mount screw hole and using a flat head screw...thoughts?
I run the center gear diff and haven't seen any issues like that with it. Don't think that's normal. Something sounds way off. Do you have pics?
Old 07-07-2016, 12:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Pville Stig
I run the center gear diff and haven't seen any issues like that with it. Don't think that's normal. Something sounds way off. Do you have pics?
not on hand but i've triple checked the manual and i found a couple of other people with the same issue but no tips besides shimming and now im considering the counter sink bit.

either way you can't really tell in the picture because the button head holding the spur gear rubs on the button head that is on the motor mount that is not visible as it's so tight in there.
Old 07-07-2016, 01:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (98%+)

on a 14 i just got i ran into the same thing and noticed the screws holding the motor mount looked to be much taller cap head....changed them out and no problem at all
Old 07-07-2016, 05:10 PM
Tech Regular

I run the center gear diff as well with no issues.
Old 07-07-2016, 05:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)

I have the Mckune pads. My thoughts are I might try to sand them down with a sanding block or something. But it would be hard to do so evenly without machining, but possible.

Try compressing the spring a few times with pliers. Should get you more adjustment for slip.
Old 07-07-2016, 09:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I had the same problem. Super easy fix. Just Dremel the tops of the screws a bit.
Old 07-08-2016, 07:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by timannnn6
Try compressing the spring a few times with pliers. Should get you more adjustment for slip.
yeah i already did this multiple times, to no avail.

Originally Posted by scoobyrs25
I had the same problem. Super easy fix. Just Dremel the tops of the screws a bit.
thats not a terrible idea. ill just have to be careful that I don't mess up the hex and not be able to remove it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.