Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree45Likes

Old 03-20-2016, 09:32 AM   #10711
Tech Master
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by man1ac View Post
Please have a look at my location I think the shipping costs will kill me But anyway, thanks. Its just important that these parts dont vanish when the '17 version is released. I want to have parts supply at least for 2-3 years.
He my friend. Since you are in Germany just order your parts from the XRAY-shop Austria. They are somehow directly connected to XRAY, thus they always have every part and if they happen not to have it they always squire new stock within 5 days. I am assuming shipping from Austria to Germany is not horrible however you may have a VAT fee to pay. I do believe there is a supplier for XRAY in Germany but off hand I can't remember the name of the store.
Norse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 09:57 AM   #10712
Tech Regular

Thanks! Good idea to atleast get every part! Just had a look, but 20$ shipping is quite "WTF"
man1ac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 03:54 PM   #10713
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

How much are these cars going for used?
Old 03-20-2016, 07:25 PM   #10714
Tech Master

Quote:
Thanks! Good idea to atleast get every part! Just had a look, but 20$ shipping is quite "WTF"
I wish I could remember the place in Germany that carries XRAY.

Oh it's RC Klein Kram I believe.
Old 03-20-2016, 07:36 PM   #10715
Tech Master

Quote:
Hello my friend,

It's called RC KleinKram in Schueurfeld Germany. Not sure if I spelt the name of the town correctly. Anyhow the have all the parts for XB4 and XB2 plus all other XRAY models. Shipping within Germany is 1 to 3 days.

Good news as you have parts availble right in Germany.
Old 03-20-2016, 10:31 PM   #10716
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norse View Post
Hello my friend,

It's called RC KleinKram in Schueurfeld Germany. Not sure if I spelt the name of the town correctly. Anyhow the have all the parts for XB4 and XB2 plus all other XRAY models. Shipping within Germany is 1 to 3 days.

Good news as you have parts availble right in Germany.
You spelled everythin correct! Oh had a look: Its "Scheuerfeld" so you mixed it up a bit (Germans quite tricky )
Thanks!

Some of his prices are bearable. Last remaining issue then is to spent 480$ on one single kit, get a decent pair of tires and give it a go! Any suggestions on gear/spur? Would run a 8.5T Sonich M2 (as for the entry i think it will be damn fast enough).
Main issue I have is: I would be one out of 10 guys going for an Xray, everybode else has a B44.3. So sharing parts/intel wont go well for me

Just heard from a collague that the XB4 is more of a highgrip car (as the YZ-4) so he wouldnt recomment it for the track I am running on. The clay can be sticky as hell when perfect wet/dry and be as dusty as a desert.
Old 03-21-2016, 12:29 AM   #10717
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Quote:
You spelled everythin correct! Oh had a look: Its "Scheuerfeld" so you mixed it up a bit (Germans quite tricky )
Thanks!

Some of his prices are bearable. Last remaining issue then is to spent 480$ on one single kit, get a decent pair of tires and give it a go! Any suggestions on gear/spur? Would run a 8.5T Sonich M2 (as for the entry i think it will be damn fast enough).
Main issue I have is: I would be one out of 10 guys going for an Xray, everybode else has a B44.3. So sharing parts/intel wont go well for me

Just heard from a collague that the XB4 is more of a highgrip car (as the YZ-4) so he wouldnt recomment it for the track I am running on. The clay can be sticky as hell when perfect wet/dry and be as dusty as a desert.

Xb4 can be set up real well to run on loose and dusty tracks you may need to invest in a couple option parts such as the medium composite chassis parts bit those are fairly cheap I just built my kit and I'm like you every one at my track runs a b44.3 but I like to be different and I like quality if your on the fence about the xb4 jump you won't be disappointed good luck to you if you do pick up the kit there are a lot of people on rctech that can help with setup also there is an xb4 Facebook page that is very help ful
wisconsinbasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 12:57 AM   #10718
Tech Regular

Thanks! I found a list on loose-dirt-parts-to-buy at the 4wd thread here. But that are another 70$ I have to spent. Thought the XB4 would be better out of the box
Old 03-21-2016, 08:31 AM   #10719
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Hey guys,

Couple of quick questions, how's the durability? Any suggested upgrades to make it work or no?

I just got my wheeler working good and the only thing that holds me back is parts support and availability at my lhs.
check out the new 12th scale GT class! https://www.facebook.com/groups/148391312353349/
support your local tracks- Beachline Raceway-386-Full Throttle Raceway
JEFFs SC10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 11:43 AM   #10720
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFFs SC10 View Post
Hey guys,

Couple of quick questions, how's the durability? Any suggested upgrades to make it work or no?

I just got my wheeler working good and the only thing that holds me back is parts support and availability at my lhs.
What year? 2016 or older?
Old 03-21-2016, 01:04 PM   #10721
Tech Master

Quote:
Thanks!

The XB4 is awesome on lower bite tracks. Purchase the medium flex chassis braces and rails. Possible center gear diff as it is really nice for lower bite conditions. There is plenty availble droop within the buggy thus as well being many possibilities regarding set up. I run mine on a track that gets super dusty, super bumpy, thus full blown off road and the XB4 works excellent. Plus the quality is at the highest level, hence its very durable, very easy to work on. You won't be disappointed.
Old 03-21-2016, 01:41 PM   #10722
Tech Regular

I think I am going to start at a simple stock out of the box point. I calcalated the money I've to spent (482€) and thats just it It feels like going broke on a wheeler Hopefully the hard chassis braces and rails will be a good start.
Anyone ideas on the gear/spur? I checked the manual but couldnt find any infos...
Old 03-21-2016, 03:42 PM   #10723
Tech Master

Run the kits 81t spur with a 22 if using an 8.5 motor. I would seriously purchase the medium flex side rails and the medium flex rear chassis brace. I would get the medium flex font chassis brace however if your wanting to watch $ which is totally understandable I would purchase the med side rails and medium rear chassis brace first. If you want a little more flex out of the front hard chassis brace boil it for 15 minutes. It's not going to make it as flex you as the medium brace however it will increase its flex a tad.
Old 03-21-2016, 09:45 PM   #10724
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Can someone give me a quick run down on the major differences between 13/14/15/16 XB4's? I have google searched a few times to no avail. Thanks.
AZJP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 09:46 PM   #10725
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
I think I am going to start at a simple stock out of the box point. I calcalated the money I've to spent (482) and thats just it It feels like going broke on a wheeler Hopefully the hard chassis braces and rails will be a good start.
Anyone ideas on the gear/spur? I checked the manual but couldnt find any infos...
The medium braces aren't the only way to dial in more grip on low traction dirt. Kit setup out of the box with a few of the flex screws removed were enough for the car to work very well for me.