R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree52Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-29-2016, 08:48 PM   #10591
Tech Regular
 
jt409's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Central Point, Oregon
Posts: 290
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Any advice or set up sheets for a low/med smooth track with med sized jumps for a xb4 2015 spec.
__________________
Mackinaker
jt409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 10:02 PM   #10592
Tech Master
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: WI
Posts: 1,517
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPR 1 View Post
Does anyone know if the 81mm cvd fits ok combined with the 95mm cvd for the centre drive line?

Honestly I think you will be fine with the 81mm. I would think about having all the front chassis brace mult flex screws in. Thus to prevent possible over flex or hyper-flex in which your chances of it popping would happen.

Again I think you will be fine as others have done the same especially when the xRAY 82mm cvd was super hard to find.
Norse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 10:49 PM   #10593
Tech Master
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: WI
Posts: 1,517
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt409 View Post
Any advice or set up sheets for a low/med smooth track with med sized jumps for a xb4 2015 spec.

Kit set up works well. I ran my 15 in saddle pack configuration. Back a arms all the way forward (thus 2mm spacer behind a arms). Also ran the rear hubs forward (spacers behind up rights). If you use the center gear diff over the slipper use 300k to 500k diff oil - maybe star at 300k. Front diff 5k Rear diff 3k.

Front a arms either all forward or all rear. I know that doesn't help however I like them towards the rear. Shock Pistons 1.5 1.1 front 1.6 1.1 rear 37.5 front with kit springs 30 to 32.5 rear with 1 dot XRAY rear springs. Again this is what I like on my 15 in lower bite hard packed dirt/clay with small to medium jumps.
Also 1.3 all around are a nice solid choice.

You may want to kick in the back eccentric inserts .5 inward on front rear hanger and .5 in pawed and up in the rear rear hanger. If you don't want to mess with the essential bushings just run the standard kit set up. I again like a little less antisquat on lower bite hard packed dirt and clay tracks. Thus is easy if you want to change the rear rear eccentric inserts only going .5 up. There are so many changes you can do with the essentric inserts however it can get confusing playing with them thus again you may want to go with the kit set up being center dot on all hangers giving you 2 degrees of rear antisquat 3 degrees of rear toe in and a happy medium regarding overall roll center. I also used no droop limiters front or rear, but you will want up travel limiters in the back. Also o rings on all 4 shock eyelets. Front toe out 1 degree Rear toe in 3 to 3.5 degrees.

Have fun with your 15 as its a great wheeler.
Norse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 06:05 AM   #10594
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Greece
Posts: 72
Default

Anyone knows if the optional
XRAY Steel Differential Bevel Gear (35T) and
XRAY Steel Bevel Drive Gear (14T)
will work instead of the composite ones on xb4 '14 ?
And is it actually worth the upgrade or just stick to composite?
grifind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 07:38 AM   #10595
Tech Master
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: WI
Posts: 1,517
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grifind View Post
Anyone knows if the optional
XRAY Steel Differential Bevel Gear (35T) and
XRAY Steel Bevel Drive Gear (14T)
will work instead of the composite ones on xb4 '14 ?
And is it actually worth the upgrade or just stick to composite?
They should work fine, however if you run on lower to medium bite track conditions and like a ninja silent drive train stick withe the V2 graphite/composite drive and bevel. They also promote the diffs to spool up faster being 80 percent lighter. (Lower running temps as well do to less rotating mass.
Norse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 11:13 AM   #10596
Tech Regular
 
jt409's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Central Point, Oregon
Posts: 290
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norse View Post
Kit set up works well. I ran my 15 in saddle pack configuration. Back a arms all the way forward (thus 2mm spacer behind a arms). Also ran the rear hubs forward (spacers behind up rights). If you use the center gear diff over the slipper use 300k to 500k diff oil - maybe star at 300k. Front diff 5k Rear diff 3k.

Front a arms either all forward or all rear. I know that doesn't help however I like them towards the rear. Shock Pistons 1.5 1.1 front 1.6 1.1 rear 37.5 front with kit springs 30 to 32.5 rear with 1 dot XRAY rear springs. Again this is what I like on my 15 in lower bite hard packed dirt/clay with small to medium jumps.
Also 1.3 all around are a nice solid choice.

You may want to kick in the back eccentric inserts .5 inward on front rear hanger and .5 in pawed and up in the rear rear hanger. If you don't want to mess with the essential bushings just run the standard kit set up. I again like a little less antisquat on lower bite hard packed dirt and clay tracks. Thus is easy if you want to change the rear rear eccentric inserts only going .5 up. There are so many changes you can do with the essentric inserts however it can get confusing playing with them thus again you may want to go with the kit set up being center dot on all hangers giving you 2 degrees of rear antisquat 3 degrees of rear toe in and a happy medium regarding overall roll center. I also used no droop limiters front or rear, but you will want up travel limiters in the back. Also o rings on all 4 shock eyelets. Front toe out 1 degree Rear toe in 3 to 3.5 degrees.

Have fun with your 15 as its a great wheeler.
Thanks Norse that's very helpful. I get my car Thursday and I can't wait to start playing around with it. I will start with what you said and go from there. Im putting in a order for all the set up stuff you recomended Although I don't have saddles so I will be running it in the shorty configuration.
__________________
Mackinaker
jt409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 02:01 PM   #10597
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 57
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Xray Pinon

Hi, new to owning an XB4. Can anybody tell me if there is anything special about the Xray XB4 pinions compared to a standard pinion? Thanks
__________________
Radiopost Rocks- radio and servos
Xray XB4 Club :-)
One riot one Texas Ranger- One big race one Xray driver
Tyler Vik kicks azz wow, what a driver :-)
New B5m Club member.....sweet car after numerous upgrades
KyoshoSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 02:32 PM   #10598
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,055
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

no. they are just really good quality.

any pinion gears will work but you may need to put them on before the motor cam to get the alignment correct with the spur gear.
__________________
Leon McIntosh
PRO-LINE--XRAY--RCAmerica--FX Engines--NitroPro Fuel--Kustom R/C Graphics--Schelle Racing

******* DialedSetups.com ****** Check it out!!!!!
punkracer24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 03:06 PM   #10599
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Greece
Posts: 72
Default

well we will be upgrading our private track to astroturf this week so i guess the traction will be med to high with the mini spikes. so...? go steel gears or not? :P
grifind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 03:22 PM   #10600
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Venice Beach
Posts: 293
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPR 1 View Post
Does anyone know if the 81mm cvd fits ok combined with the 95mm cvd for the centre drive line?
The 81mm fits fine length wise, but the size of the ball on the pin end is larger than the standard XB4 driveshaft's and will not fit into the outdrive cups. I made it fit be grinding down the ball with a dremel in about 5 minutes. Looks and drives fine.
LAGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 03:54 PM   #10601
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Clayton, NC
Posts: 46
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

What sizes rims does it have? 2.2 or 60mm.
__________________
Jimbo Dove
XRay T4 17
XRay X1 '16
XRay NT1
LXtacyDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 04:57 PM   #10602
Tech Master
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: WI
Posts: 1,517
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt409 View Post
Thanks Norse that's very helpful. I get my car Thursday and I can't wait to start playing around with it. I will start with what you said and go from there. Im putting in a order for all the set up stuff you recomended Although I don't have saddles so I will be running it in the shorty configuration.
No problem. You probably will like shorty even better. Little more nimble. If you need more rear traction the rear brass hangers work really really nice.
Norse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 09:04 PM   #10603
Tech Addict
 
TPR 1's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: South Australia
Posts: 549
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Thanks for the info and tips Norse and LAGuy
__________________
-Adelaide RC -
-Game On
TPR 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 12:34 AM   #10604
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 321
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LXtacyDriver View Post
What sizes rims does it have? 2.2 or 60mm.

2.2" on 14mm hexes, although a whole range of 12mm hexes are available.
__________________
X-Factory UK / Carisma Racing/ Corally/ Vampire Racing /TEKIN/ AVID/ JConcepts / Lunsford / Exotek Racing / Hiro Seiko / RDRP / GRP Tyres/ Tuning Haus/ DMSPARTZ / McKune/ RCS Graphic Workz / WTF / DMS Racing / Model Junction
John Myall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 12:36 AM   #10605
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 321
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grifind View Post
well we will be upgrading our private track to astroturf this week so i guess the traction will be med to high with the mini spikes. so...? go steel gears or not? :P
I run on a very high grip astro track, the steel gears have been great, fit them & forget
__________________
X-Factory UK / Carisma Racing/ Corally/ Vampire Racing /TEKIN/ AVID/ JConcepts / Lunsford / Exotek Racing / Hiro Seiko / RDRP / GRP Tyres/ Tuning Haus/ DMSPARTZ / McKune/ RCS Graphic Workz / WTF / DMS Racing / Model Junction
John Myall is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
EP buggies thread sim600 Malaysian R/C Racers 3586 03-31-2016 12:53 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:14 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net