Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree39Likes

Old 02-11-2016, 04:51 PM   #10396
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aalewis View Post
Quick question....

Finishing up my XB4 2016 and am at a loss of what to do about the center diff. No real experience with gear diffs so this is new to me...

I have been told/read to use everything from 50K to 120k to 1.000.000 in the center diff. Any suggestions where to start on high bite clay running slicks?

Thanks,

Aaron
100k will make the car super easy to drive but 300k will make it faster and of course lower lap times. I have ran 500k but liked 300k better when running slicks.
randy0025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 04:56 PM   #10397
Tech Rookie

I'm sure it's been covered but as always I'm late to the party. I am awaiting my 2016 xb4 and am wanting to run 12mm hex associated wheels. What am I going to need for front and rear hexes, make and part number would help. Thanks, looking forward to the build!
Str8kaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 05:02 PM   #10398
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Str8kaos View Post
I'm sure it's been covered but as always I'm late to the party. I am awaiting my 2016 xb4 and am wanting to run 12mm hex associated wheels. What am I going to need for front and rear hexes, make and part number would help. Thanks, looking forward to the build!
Its posted on the 1st page of this thread. It says to get the xray ones for prefect offset but I have been running the exotek for half the cost and love them.
randy0025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 05:04 PM   #10399
Tech Master
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Str8kaos View Post
+.75 12mm XRAY hexes front. +1.50 12mm XRAY hexes rear is a good combo which allows one to use a good variety of different offset rims. Track width will vary with different rims. I am sure somone whom uses AE buggy rims will answer your question with more detail.
Norse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 05:07 PM   #10400
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by randy0025 View Post
100k will make the car super easy to drive but 300k will make it faster and of course lower lap times. I have ran 500k but liked 300k better when running slicks.
+1 on 300k. For me that's the lowest i could go with still liking the results. 500k is great. It may take a tad bit of time to get use to, however if given the time I think you will really like it.
Old 02-11-2016, 06:26 PM   #10401
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norse View Post
The XRAY-Shop Austria has them. If not they usually always re-stock parts within 7-10 days. Shipping is pretty quick being 7-10days. You have to sign in/create an account, thus you will see the prices with out the VAT. Their parts are cheaper than purchasing in the States, however when you add shipping it pretty much equals out. Great place to go if you cant find parts in the States.

Yes thanks for the tip. Unfortunately, I did attempt to order from them. I went through the process of creating an account, as you described, and then waited over a week. Didn't hear from them, no email confirmation and even sent an email in which there was no reply. The only time I did hear from them is when I had PayPal try to resolve the issue, in which they immediately setup a refund. Really strange experience and kind of left a bad taste in my mouth.

It's too bad because their inventory as you said is really good they seem to have a direct link with the X-Ray factory.
Vincent_Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 07:03 PM   #10402
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent_Diesel View Post
Yes thanks for the tip. Unfortunately, I did attempt to order from them. I went through the process of creating an account, as you described, and then waited over a week. Didn't hear from them, no email confirmation and even sent an email in which there was no reply. The only time I did hear from them is when I had PayPal try to resolve the issue, in which they immediately setup a refund. Really strange experience and kind of left a bad taste in my mouth.

It's too bad because their inventory as you said is really good they seem to have a direct link with the X-Ray factory.
When did you have this issue? A while back their link to PayPal did not work well for international purchases. It's since been fixed which makes things real easy.
First time I ordered that problem existed in which trying to pay through PayPal was weird, thus I don't think my order went through to them. I emaile Gerhard the parts I wanted and he sent me a invoice/request for payment via PayPal.
Like I said ordering and checking out with PayPal has worked out great the past 4 times I have ordered parts.

I can give you Gerhard's email. He is the owner and a super nice fella.
Old 02-11-2016, 07:05 PM   #10403
Tech Master

Yeah I believe they are directly linked in some fashion. Their store is not to far away from XRAY's headquarters in Slovokia as the XRAY shop is in Austria.
Old 02-11-2016, 07:22 PM   #10404
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent_Diesel View Post

I have same situation almost a month before i got my order shipped in east coast. Not recommended the xray shop in austria. Better to call rc america
raved007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 08:45 PM   #10405
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by raved007 View Post
I have same situation almost a month before i got my order shipped in east coast. Not recommended the xray shop in austria. Better to call rc america
I remember you posting the issue you had. That's no longer a problem as before placing the order and thus being able to directly pay via PayPal was not working right. I had one issue my first order which was do to that, however since fixed every order I have placed has been smooth as silk.

RC America is great, however when one needs parts and they are currently out of stock at RCAmerica and thus all the authorized XRAY dealers in the States, The XRAY-shop Austria will have what you need.

Paying abroad via PayPal can be problematic if the sellers international PayPal account is not fully set up for worldwide transactions. Once it is their should be no issues.

MBModels in London is another great place to pick up XRAY parts, thus only 3 days to your door.
Old 02-11-2016, 10:49 PM   #10406
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Either of the 15 upper deck makes an easy DIY brace
Hobbywing
#kiwipaint on facebook
onekiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 04:17 AM   #10407
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Xb4 2015

Question,I am currently running the stock set up in shorty set up and I'm having issues with the xb4 nose diving as it comes off jumps.I`m running a center diff with 100k and stock fluids in the shocks,everything is set up for our local carpet track.I know this sounds like a rookie question but it's driving me nuts and never had this issue with my zx6 and Dex 410v4.Ive had people tell me to change shock fluids and diff fluids but would that really make a difference with it nose diving even when on the throttle to correct it,still that doesn't matter most of the time either.
Any input would be greatly appreciated
The car just seems front heavy to me.I added some weight to the rear as I felt this was the quickest and easiest fix to the issue.
I have a race tonight and if any one could lead me in the right direction that would be awesome as no one races this car at my local track it's all TLR and associated with a few kyoshos mixed in.I have really considered going back to the zx6 but I haven't really given this car the fair chance it deserves.

Thanks for listening
Ktoboll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 06:54 AM   #10408
Tech Master

Quote:
New XB4 Composite Chassis Side Guards L+R Medium

Chassis flex adjustment
Medium hardness composite material
Increases traction
For low traction tracks

Optional medium-hardness side guards are softer than the side guards included in the kit, and are a great tuning part for chassis flex adjustment. These medium-hardness side guards make the chassis more flexible and are recommended for low-traction tracks. Perfect fitment on the chassis seals against dirt, and provides protection from side impacts.

#361265 Composite Chassis Side Guards L+R Medium

http://bit.ly/1klNo0n

Recommended used together with the medium front and rear chassis braces for low to medium grip clay and dirt tracks:

Bent
DubiDesign | Maugrafix | YeahRacing | rcMart | IB Prostart
Follow Malin on Facebook for race reports and setup tips
BentKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 07:47 AM   #10409
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ktoboll View Post
Question,I am currently running the stock set up in shorty set up and I'm having issues with the xb4 nose diving as it comes off jumps.I`m running a center diff with 100k and stock fluids in the shocks,everything is set up for our local carpet track.I know this sounds like a rookie question but it's driving me nuts and never had this issue with my zx6 and Dex 410v4.Ive had people tell me to change shock fluids and diff fluids but would that really make a difference with it nose diving even when on the throttle to correct it,still that doesn't matter most of the time either.
Any input would be greatly appreciated
The car just seems front heavy to me.I added some weight to the rear as I felt this was the quickest and easiest fix to the issue.
I have a race tonight and if any one could lead me in the right direction that would be awesome as no one races this car at my local track it's all TLR and associated with a few kyoshos mixed in.I have really considered going back to the zx6 but I haven't really given this car the fair chance it deserves.

Thanks for listening
It very well could be your shock setup... If your car is sitting too low or is too soft the front of the car can scrub off the face of jumps. If this happens too violently it can cause excessive weight transfer to the rear. If this happens the rear end can bottom out causing to to slap off the face of the jump which can then transfer wight to the front causing it to go uncontrollably nose down.

The xb4 is in fact one of the lightest cars out there so i cannot see it as being a weight too much issue..

Best thing to do is let someone else at the track with more setup skill drive it. Let him turn some laps to give you feedback, also watch the car when he drives it to see what the car is doing when going over the jumps.
Mikes Hobby Shop
symmetricon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 02:28 PM   #10410
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Hey guys I don't have time to read through 695 pages but coming from Team Associated what could I expect from this car?

I'm thinking about switching teams later this year
JEFFs SC10 is offline   Reply With Quote