R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree36Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-29-2016, 11:23 AM   #10276
Tech Master
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: WI
Posts: 1,387
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcgod View Post
Hard to say. It will put more weight at the back of the car which would be good for forward traction on low bite, but then again would increase the pendulum effect in the corners which might make the car loose. Would have to try it to find out for sure.
Thanks my friend. I am going to give it a try. I will let you know how it worked for me. Should be interesting to see the effect of having the Wing sitting further back in that configuration.
Norse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 01:49 PM   #10277
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Lansing Mi
Posts: 503
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

I finally got my fan mount all mounted up. It was super easy as it is designed to mount to the already existing screw that holds the chassis side guard on right behind the motor. it sits nice and smooth against the chassis and side guard. I also have the front shock tower protector on that comes with the fan mount as normally I wouldn't need it but probably would use it if I ran indoor in carpet. I got them both from Spectacle Engineering and u can find them on Facebook. also took a pic of my Penguin body that is sold on ebay dirt cheap. it is the same mold as the stock xb4 16spec body but is thinner and lighter..
Attached Thumbnails
Xray XB4 thread-1454190077636-1211451881.jpg   Xray XB4 thread-1454190099266-1206667593.jpg   Xray XB4 thread-14541901451691086741945.jpg   Xray XB4 thread-1454190499253-835488234.jpg  
__________________
Kyosho Mp9E TKI3, Orion R8.1 with Orion 1900kv, Savox Tessman Edition
Losi 4.0E Orion r8.1 with Orion MR8 1750KV, Savox Tessman Edition
Xray Xb4 16spec Orion r10.1 with Orion 5.5t, Spectrum S6240
randy0025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 03:47 PM   #10278
Tech Master
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: WI
Posts: 1,387
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by randy0025 View Post
I finally got my fan mount all mounted up. It was super easy as it is designed to mount to the already existing screw that holds the chassis side guard on right behind the motor. it sits nice and smooth against the chassis and side guard. I also have the front shock tower protector on that comes with the fan mount as normally I wouldn't need it but probably would use it if I ran indoor in carpet. I got them both from Spectacle Engineering and u can find them on Facebook. also took a pic of my Penguin body that is sold on ebay dirt cheap. it is the same mold as the stock xb4 16spec body but is thinner and lighter..
Looks great! I have a fan mount and front shocktower protector being made by Spectacle as well. Looking forward to getting it.
Norse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 02:03 AM   #10279
Tech Regular
 
likea45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 439
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by randy0025 View Post
I finally got my fan mount all mounted up. It was super easy as it is designed to mount to the already existing screw that holds the chassis side guard on right behind the motor. it sits nice and smooth against the chassis and side guard. I also have the front shock tower protector on that comes with the fan mount as normally I wouldn't need it but probably would use it if I ran indoor in carpet. I got them both from Spectacle Engineering and u can find them on Facebook. also took a pic of my Penguin body that is sold on ebay dirt cheap. it is the same mold as the stock xb4 16spec body but is thinner and lighter..
I was hoping you were gonna come out to BFG Friday with the mount. I'm sure I'll see you soon enough.
__________________
Current Rides: Kyosho ZX6 - Kyosho RB6 - Kyosho RT6 - Kyosho SC6.
likea45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 12:08 PM   #10280
Tech Apprentice
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 81
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Hi guys! What are people doing to get down to 15-16mm ride height? Running 3 dots springs in the rear and minimum ride height is 19mm.
losi8_79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 12:25 PM   #10281
Regional Moderator
 
RobsRacin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: CT
Posts: 874
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by losi8_79 View Post
Hi guys! What are people doing to get down to 15-16mm ride height? Running 3 dots springs in the rear and minimum ride height is 19mm.
Have you compressed the springs at all? With the collars all the way up I got 15mm
RobsRacin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 12:53 PM   #10282
Tech Master
 
BentKa's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Norway
Posts: 1,348
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by losi8_79 View Post
Hi guys! What are people doing to get down to 15-16mm ride height? Running 3 dots springs in the rear and minimum ride height is 19mm.
As you can read from our setup sheets we cut both the 4 dot / 3 dot and 3 dot / 2 dot spring combos 1 full circle of the spring.

http://forum.teamxray.com/xform/inde...setup=xb4_2016

Bent
__________________
Xray XB4 | Xray XB2 | Xray XT2 | Xray XB8 | Xray XB8E | Xray T4 | Xray X12
Factory Team driver for:
XRAY | ORCA | JConcepts | FX-Engines | Hudy | G-Force | Maxima Fuel | Hiro Seiko
DubiDesign | Maugrafix | YeahRacing | rcMart | IB Prostart
Follow Malin on Facebook for race reports and setup tips
BentKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 05:10 PM   #10283
Tech Master
 
EricW's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Meriden, Ct
Posts: 1,869
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentKa View Post
As you can read from our setup sheets we cut both the 4 dot / 3 dot and 3 dot / 2 dot spring combos 1 full circle of the spring.

http://forum.teamxray.com/xform/inde...setup=xb4_2016

Bent
Any plans for springs that won't require cutting?
__________________
Stickas are for straight up suckas......

**** "Luxury" ****
EricW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 06:03 PM   #10284
Tech Master
 
suby723's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Spring Hill Tennessee
Posts: 1,377
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

I've switched to yatabe springs for both my Xrays on high bite carpet.
suby723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 10:40 PM   #10285
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 19
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quick question. I run med to high bite clay. Im making the jump from 13.5 to mod and im tired of my 22-4. I own both the 2016 versions of the x1 and t4 and love the quality. Will the xb4 perform good on med-high bite clay???
russellnyg745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 03:48 AM   #10286
Tech Regular
 
crusty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 449
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

just a question for anyone out there on the hinge pin pills
where should i be positioning these pills on the holder for low traction dirt?
anyone know of a good set up sheet for low traction dusty hard packed dirt?
i have a xb4 2015 running a shorty in mod by the way
crusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 06:23 AM   #10287
Tech Master
 
BentKa's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Norway
Posts: 1,348
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellnyg745 View Post
Quick question. I run med to high bite clay. Im making the jump from 13.5 to mod and im tired of my 22-4. I own both the 2016 versions of the x1 and t4 and love the quality. Will the xb4 perform good on med-high bite clay???
Absolutely, but order the medium chassis braces and medium chassis side guards (#361265) for use on low to medium grip.

Quote:
New XB4 Composite Chassis Braces
• Fine chassis flex adjustment
• Medium hardness composite material
• Increase traction
• For medium and low-traction tracks
Optional medium-hardness front and rear chassis braces, softer than the brace included in the kit, used for fine chassis flex adjustment. These medium-hardness braces make the chassis more flexible, and are recommended for medium and low–traction tracks.
#361294 Composite Chassis Brace Front - Medium
#361295 Composite Chassis Brace Rear – Medium
http://bit.ly/1klNo0n



Bent
BentKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 06:28 AM   #10288
Tech Master
 
BentKa's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Norway
Posts: 1,348
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crusty View Post
just a question for anyone out there on the hinge pin pills
where should i be positioning these pills on the holder for low traction dirt?
anyone know of a good set up sheet for low traction dusty hard packed dirt?
i have a xb4 2015 running a shorty in mod by the way
As a rule of thumb moving the pills to the inside or down increases roll and traction while moving them to the outside decreases roll, takes away traction and adds stability.

On the 2015 we removed the top decks and used only graphite stiffeners for the center chassis braces to increase flex and traction.

Works much better than running top decks in low traction conditions.

Bent
__________________
Xray XB4 | Xray XB2 | Xray XT2 | Xray XB8 | Xray XB8E | Xray T4 | Xray X12
Factory Team driver for:
XRAY | ORCA | JConcepts | FX-Engines | Hudy | G-Force | Maxima Fuel | Hiro Seiko
DubiDesign | Maugrafix | YeahRacing | rcMart | IB Prostart
Follow Malin on Facebook for race reports and setup tips
BentKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 06:42 AM   #10289
Tech Master
 
Slapjack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,056
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentKa View Post
As a rule of thumb moving the pills to the inside or down increases roll and traction while moving them to the outside decreases roll, takes away traction and adds stability.

On the 2015 we removed the top decks and used only graphite stiffeners for the center chassis braces to increase flex and traction.

Works much better than running top decks in low traction conditions.

Bent
Are you referring to the graphite stiffeners that bolt to the top of the chasis braces (which are mounted along the center of the chasis plate)? I was going to buy these but can't find the part numbers now. Do you happen to know what they are?

Also wondering... the med braces you posted a pic of in post 10294 (2 posts up above) ... will those work on the 2015 or are those for the 2016?
__________________
Tekno Eb48.3, EB48.2, Tekno ET48, X-Ray XB4'14, '15 & '16, X-Ray XB2 CE, X-Ray T4'15, Hot Bodies D413, Serpent SRX-2, Axial Wraith (full custom Mattzilla Build), Blade 180QXHD
Slapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 06:45 AM   #10290
Tech Master
 
BentKa's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Norway
Posts: 1,348
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapjack View Post
Are you referring to the graphite stiffeners that bolt to the top of the chasis braces (which are mounted along the center of the chasis plate)? I was going to buy these but can't find the part numbers now. Do you happen to know what they are?

Also wondering... the med braces you posted a pic of in the post just above this one ... will those work on the 2015 or are those for the 2016?
The medium braces posted are for the 2016.

The '15 already have medium braces.

You instead need these if you run shorty battery layout on the 2015:

http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/pro...13&kategoria=0

Bent
__________________
Xray XB4 | Xray XB2 | Xray XT2 | Xray XB8 | Xray XB8E | Xray T4 | Xray X12
Factory Team driver for:
XRAY | ORCA | JConcepts | FX-Engines | Hudy | G-Force | Maxima Fuel | Hiro Seiko
DubiDesign | Maugrafix | YeahRacing | rcMart | IB Prostart
Follow Malin on Facebook for race reports and setup tips
BentKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
EP buggies thread sim600 Malaysian R/C Racers 3586 03-30-2016 11:53 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:52 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net