Like Tree246Likes

Xray XB4 thread

Old 01-21-2016, 03:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by atipowered
I have a newbie problem...Today I rebleed the shocks to 0% rebound and give me correctly this rebound but If I take out the shaft completelly,the shaft is slowing put inside the shock,what Im doing wrong?.When I builded the car the shaft dont do this.Sorry for my english Im from Spain

Thanks in advance
This is what I do:

First: This first tip was provided by Bentka. (first make sure to soak your shocks o-rings in silicone oil for 15 to 25 mins as this will allow them to slightly swell which provides a better seal around the shock shafts hence the better seal will promote a better bleeding of the shock and will really help keeping your shocks from leaking) (some people like to coat there o-rings with green-slime if you decided to use green slime make sure that you have first soaked the orings as mentioned above)
Tip: when putting your shock shafts through the shock make sure the shock bottom(cap) is not fully tightened. Keep it loose thus not to damage the o-rings while gently pushing the shock rod with a slight through the shock bottom. Make sure to lightly coat your shock shaft and threads with shock oil first. Again you can coat your o-rings with a green slime before installing them.
When you have the shocks assembled and are ready to fill with shock oil, make sure you fill the shock body all the way to the top. Thus slowly push the shock piston upwards, thus pushing any air bubble out. You might want to repeat this a few times. After you feel you have done your best to push the air bubbles out I prefer to let the shocks sit upright for 15 minutes(no shock caps on during this)

Note: Try to make sure the oil in the shock bodies is to the top of the shock body.
When applying the shock caps first I like to fully screw in the bleeder and then tilt the shock cap over and fill with shock oil. Once the shock cap is filled about 70 percent I take the shock cap and shock body and quickly flip the shock cap on the shock and fully tighten the shock cap. (It will get a little messy but who cares) After the shock cap is fully tightened I let the shock sit upright and thus repeat the process with the rest of the shocks)

Once finish doing the above to all the shocks I do the following. Starting with the first shock that was filled I wrap the shock body with a rag and slowly remove remove the bleeder screw making sure that i dont move the shock rod and keep the shock vertical. Upon doing that slightly tilt the shock back thus so the bleeder hole is tilted upwards just a tad. Then very very slowly push the shock rod upwards until it is fully compressed. Once fully compressed insert the bleeder screw and fully tighten.

If the results still result in undesired rebound both ways, loosen the bleeder screw almost fully and slowly push the shock rod up until its fully compressed.
Make sure it stays fully compressed while fully tightening the bleeder screw.

Sorry for the Novel above but this is the only way I can describe what has worked for me.
Old 01-21-2016, 06:12 PM
Tech Master

Hey RCGod,

Are you using the X brace or just the steering brace in tandem with the front medium and rear medium chassis braces as well as medium side rails?

Thanks Brudda
Old 01-21-2016, 06:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Norse
Hey RCGod,

Are you using the X brace or just the steering brace in tandem with the front medium and rear medium chassis braces as well as medium side rails?

Thanks Brudda
Just the steering brace and med flex parts.
Old 01-21-2016, 07:00 PM
Tech Regular

What will steel internal gears do?
Old 01-21-2016, 07:42 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by blwaz23

What will steel internal gears do?
Yes they will work fine brother.
Old 01-21-2016, 08:53 PM
Tech Initiate

So i'm almost done assembling my 2016 xb4 but I must be an idiot because I can't figure out how to install the antenna mount. The manual shows a screw hole in the chassis that lines up with the hole in the radio plate but on my car no such hole exists in the chassis making it impossible to install the mount. I'd post an image but the forum won't let me attach links yet. Page 36 of the manual, the screw labeled 1 in the image showing the attachment of the antenna mount. The two screws labeled 2 for attaching the radio plate line up and work just fine.
Old 01-21-2016, 09:03 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by bleomycin
So i'm almost done assembling my 2016 xb4 but I must be an idiot because I can't figure out how to install the antenna mount. The manual shows a screw hole in the chassis that lines up with the hole in the radio plate but on my car no such hole exists in the chassis making it impossible to install the mount. I'd post an image but the forum won't let me attach links yet. Page 36 of the manual, the screw labeled 1 in the image showing the attachment of the antenna mount. The two screws labeled 2 for attaching the radio plate line up and work just fine.

Hello brother,

A lot of people install their receiver on the opposite side of the chassis. Hence away being the opposite side of were the Speedo and motor are. This decreases the chance of interference when placing your receiver farther away from the ESC and motor.
Old 01-21-2016, 09:06 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rcgod
Just the steering brace and med flex parts.
Thank you my friend,

I have the medium side rails on the way from overseas. I was able to purchase the medium front and rear multflex braces from Amain but was beat to the ouch on the side rails. Tried RC America as well and just missed out.
Old 01-21-2016, 09:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

There is no such screw hole in the chassis. It is only in the radio plate. First screw in the antenna mount on the radio plate and then screw the radio plate in the chassis. If you look carefully you can see that the red line for the antenna hole is not as long as the lines for the radio plate screw holes meaning that there is no screw hole in the chassis but in the radio plate only. Hope this is clear enough.
Old 01-21-2016, 09:15 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Egress
There is no such screw hole in the chassis. It is only in the radio plate. First screw in the antenna mount on the radio plate and then screw the radio plate in the chassis. If you look carefully you can see that the red line for the antenna hole is not as long as the lines for the radio plate screw holes meaning that there is no screw hole in the chassis but in the radio plate only. Hope this is clear enough.
Ahhhh, yup...i'm an idiot. Thanks a lot for clearing that up!
Old 01-21-2016, 10:35 PM
Tech Master

Definitely correct! I place my receiver on the other side of the chassis thus not on the the ESC, rec/antennae plate, as I just do not like my receiver close to my speedo and motor if possible. Nice positive about the XB4 is their is plenty of space for one to place electronics.
Old 01-21-2016, 11:32 PM
Tech Master

Sorry Brother! I didn't mean in stating "Definitely correct" that you were an idiot.

I was referring to the fella being "definetly correct" in his post directing how to route your antenna on the your XB4.

I guess it's kind of funny, but I definitely wanted you to know my comment was not a reply to your post.
Old 01-22-2016, 01:18 AM
Tech Elite

i put my antenna on the screw behind the servo.
Old 01-22-2016, 10:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Norse
Thank you my friend,

I have the medium side rails on the way from overseas. I was able to purchase the medium front and rear multflex braces from Amain but was beat to the ouch on the side rails. Tried RC America as well and just missed out.
Haha I think that might have been me. I was waiting on getting them from RC-America when I noticed A-main had them and ordered immediately. got those and my independent servo mount on now. Haven't been able to get back to the track yet to test it all out yet.
Old 01-22-2016, 11:32 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jmcelroy42
Haha I think that might have been me. I was waiting on getting them from RC-America when I noticed A-main had them and ordered immediately. got those and my independent servo mount on now. Haven't been able to get back to the track yet to test it all out yet.
Damn you JMC I should have mine in 7 days. I also bit the bullet and ordered the ECS 81mm fronts and ECS 68 rears as I figured why pay $25 in shipping just for side rails and some extra V2 crown and drive pinions. Also grabbed some extra V2 right and left rear hanger. Actually XRAY shop Austria prices on parts are cheaper than Amain thus add shipping and that 2 places are the same price.

I still have to make out your way and hit up Innovation. Thinking within the next 2 weeks. Was at the New Year's Day race at RaceEm in Rockford. Great place! Great time.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.