Search
Like Tree246Likes

Xray XB4 thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2016, 11:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BentKa
The shops gets the lists where the parts are clearly marked as to what model they are for, if they are a new version or a running change for replacement of older parts.

These are the same lists we order our parts from and to date I have never had any problems identifying the parts marked "NEW" or "UPDATED" or that are featured in their own sections with descriptions.

But of course if you are too lazy to read this and just don't care…….then yes it will eventually turn out to be an issue

Bent
And that's the thing... most shops are too lazy That's why we have you to disseminate this information, and then we can disseminate it to the shops
Old 01-20-2016, 11:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

How about just searching the part number on the AmainHobbies site ?

Took me 3 seconds:

http://www.amainhobbies.com/search?s=362112

Correct part numbers and images of the '16 parts.

Same for the rear arms:

http://www.amainhobbies.com/search?s=363111

'15 and '16 arms labeled correct and with matching images.

Bent
Exactly Bent,

Thats what I did last night and thus posted them here on Tech.
Old 01-20-2016, 12:14 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by kuruption
And that's the thing... most shops are too lazy That's why we have you to disseminate this information, and then we can disseminate it to the shops
And that is an entirely different discussion.

The thread here turned in to a " I'm blaming Xray for lazy shops not bothered reading the info provided to them" thread.

And if not stopped this goes on for several pages as usual.

And then people actually wonder why the team drivers don't bother supporting these forums.......

Oh well....

Bent
Old 01-20-2016, 12:35 PM
Tech Master

Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora La Reina de Los Ángeles del Río de Porciúncula, California, Unites States of America
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Do any other manufacturers shock shafts fit the xb4? amain is out of stock and would like to get some from another brand if possible.
Old 01-20-2016, 01:19 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by lagcisco
Do any other manufacturers shock shafts fit the xb4? amain is out of stock and would like to get some from another brand if possible.

All shows the front shock shaft in stock

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Xray-368160-...-/160946037386

http://www.stormerhobbies.com/cgi-bi...s&pn=xra368160

http://www.rc-mushroom.com/Xray-XB4-...Shaft-2-368160

http://www.discountrcstore.com/XRAY_...2_p/368160.htm

Bent
Old 01-20-2016, 01:45 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Norse
Exactly Bent,

Thats what I did last night and thus posted them here on Tech.

Bent
Old 01-20-2016, 02:31 PM
Tech Master

As Bent posted the above stores have stock as well as Absolute Hobbyz. Actually I think Absolute has some 16 XB4 kits still available.
Old 01-20-2016, 02:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Smile

You don't have to replace both arms.

If you break a '15 arm you buy a new '15 arm to replace it.

If you break a '16 arm you buy a new '16 arm to replace it.

If you CHOOSE to buy a '16 arm for your '15 model (or older) I would suggest changing both

Bent
Wait...so Xray is still making the original, non-V2 arms and the updated V2 arms, and using the same part number for both versions?

Unless they stop producing the original version of the arms they should give the V2 arm a new part number. You can't use the same part number for two different items, no question or doubt about that. Our group and no other group I've worked with would ever consider this in their engineering parts numbering. You only produce one version of each part number at a time. Any variation of the part that is produced at the same time is a different part number.

I thought they were replacing the original version with the V2 version to be used on all cars that part number was specified for. That would be perfectly fine and is what it appears they are doing when I look for these parts online. Most shops look to be showing only 363111 and 363111-G which I would assume is because there are only two versions.

Bent - I'm not arguing here, just trying to be sure I understand and share how all the engineering places I work with do things. And yes, you're a big help here with the XB4 which we appreciate...
Old 01-20-2016, 03:54 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Troy Carter
Wait...so Xray is still making the original, non-V2 arms and the updated V2 arms, and using the same part number for both versions?

Unless they stop producing the original version of the arms they should give the V2 arm a new part number. You can't use the same part number for two different items, no question or doubt about that. Our group and no other group I've worked with would ever consider this in their engineering parts numbering. You only produce one version of each part number at a time. Any variation of the part that is produced at the same time is a different part number.

I thought they were replacing the original version with the V2 version to be used on all cars that part number was specified for. That would be perfectly fine and is what it appears they are doing when I look for these parts online. Most shops look to be showing only 363111 and 363111-G which I would assume is because there are only two versions.

Bent - I'm not arguing here, just trying to be sure I understand and share how all the engineering places I work with do things. And yes, you're a big help here with the XB4 which we appreciate...
Troy…..you can't argue and then just state you're not arguing

Yes the V2 will eventually replace the original.

I haven't said anything about manufacturing I simply tried to clear up the confusion some had about ordering arms for their '16 model without confusing them even more.

So I have shown with both picture, description and part numbers what to look for when ordering arms to be sure you get the correct parts.

So to confuse even more you will then have the option of ordering:

363110 for '13
363111 for '14 and '15
363111 V2 for '16
363111-G optional '16

You sharing what you do or have done in all the places you have worked doesn't really help at all.

I suggest you get back to us when you own a World Championship winning R/C manufacturing company.

And until you do can we please get back to discussing relevant information.

I will not respond further to your posts about the subject.

Bent
Old 01-20-2016, 04:54 PM
Tech Master

AMEN! Well said Bent!
Old 01-20-2016, 05:15 PM
Tech Elite

I actually have this problem, just checked my car -- '15 rear arm on the left, '16 on the right. Had to replace a rear arm after it broke on an ibeam, and I've been running it this way for weeks. It may explain some issues I've been seeing. Since I can't seem to get the '16's right now, I'll just put the left '15 on. :\
Old 01-20-2016, 05:44 PM
Tech Master

Bentka,

Quick question for you my friend:

Forgive the repeated question as I believe you confirmed that 16 XB4 kit comes standard with the graphite blend internal diff gears.

Is their any difference between the graphite internal diff gears and the other listed (low)graphite internal diff gears?

Also I have always built my diffs using the graphite internal diff gears as well as the graphite comp. drive pinion and graphite comp crown gears. Love how quiet and smooth the all graphite comp. drive train is. Anyhow I have always used the optional hardened aluminum diff pins however I am wondering if I should just use the composite 1 piece diff pin as I heard the one piece composite diff pin promotes an even smoother diff action.

As always I greatly appreciate your help.

Norse
Old 01-20-2016, 06:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Bent - You are an arrogant ass. Please feel free to ignore my posts as it is clear that only things you post are relevant to anything you care about.
Old 01-20-2016, 06:45 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by kuruption
I actually have this problem, just checked my car -- '15 rear arm on the left, '16 on the right. Had to replace a rear arm after it broke on an ibeam, and I've been running it this way for weeks. It may explain some issues I've been seeing. Since I can't seem to get the '16's right now, I'll just put the left '15 on. :\
Kuroption,

The XRay- shop Austria has the 16 front and rear a-arms in comp. and graphite my friend. The also list V2 versions. Amain does have the 16 front a-arms, however I am not certain if Amain's listed 16 composite rear a-arms are actual the newest being the same as in the 16 XB4 kit.
Old 01-20-2016, 06:46 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Norse
Kuroption,

The XRay- shop Austria has the 16 front and rear a-arms in comp. and graphite my friend. The also list V2 versions. Amain does have the 16 front a-arms, however I am not certain if Amain's listed 16 composite rear a-arms are actual the newest being the same as in the 16 XB4 kit.
Amains are the '15 versions... I know because that's where I picked mine up from.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.