R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree39Likes

Old 01-07-2016, 02:21 PM   #9931
Tech Adept

The other method of ordering is to use email, if you absolutely don't want to talk to a human being. I have had positive experience with them. Including picking up my first release XB2 when it was first announced. Pretty cool of RCA to include the ball diff at no charge! YMMV.
avaldes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 04:02 PM   #9932
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by suby723 View Post
What is your issue with rcamerica!? You have to call them direct, don't go through the website trying to order parts. Rcamerica is the best hobby shop out of them all. Your the first and only complaint I have ever heard.. Can't please them all I guess..

Seriously? Call them directly? You have a website with clear navigation to the "XShop" where one would assume you could buy parts. Clicking on the "XShop" takes you to another link that takes you to team X-ray.

Maybe I'm asking for too much here to order parts online. Maybe I should have them send me a catalog (Like the old Sears days)
Vincent_Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 04:10 PM   #9933
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent_Diesel View Post
Seriously? Call them directly? You have a website with clear navigation to the "XShop" where one would assume you could buy parts. Clicking on the "XShop" takes you to another link that takes you to team X-ray.

Maybe I'm asking for too much here to order parts online. Maybe I should have them send me a catalog (Like the old Sears days)
Your the ONLY one complaining about making a call. You would rather bash a great company because your too afraid or lazy to make a quick call. Your not forced to order from them, you have a few other options for ordering parts from online hobby shops.

If you want to receive Xray parts the quickest and receive great custom service from an actual person over the phone you will only have one option, RCAmerica. Deal with it or move on... Pretty simple

Last edited by suby723; 01-07-2016 at 04:29 PM.
suby723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 04:31 PM   #9934
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by suby723 View Post
Your the ONLY one complaining about making a call. You would rather bash a great company because your too afraid or lazy to make a quick call.
Give it up suby723. Look above... there's AT LEAST ONE OTHER person who feels the same about not having an e-commerce component.

I'm willing to bet that most people on this forum prefer to shop online, via a web cart experience where you could order parts after business hours and use services like PayPal for secure transactions. You should try ordering online sometime, you'd be surprised just how convenient and easy it is. It has nothing to do with being lazy.

I'm not saying the company in question isn't a great company, but I am saying that the site is a bit misleading. Offering other ways to purchase other than a phone call or email could make the company in question the best company.

I totally think you're missing the point. Sorry to offend.
Vincent_Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 05:08 PM   #9935
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent_Diesel View Post
Give it up suby723. Look above... there's AT LEAST ONE OTHER person who feels the same about not having an e-commerce component.

I'm willing to bet that most people on this forum prefer to shop online, via a web cart experience where you could order parts after business hours and use services like PayPal for secure transactions. You should try ordering online sometime, you'd be surprised just how convenient and easy it is. It has nothing to do with being lazy.

I'm not saying the company in question isn't a great company, but I am saying that the site is a bit misleading. Offering other ways to purchase other than a phone call or email could make the company in question the best company.

I totally think you're missing the point. Sorry to offend.

Sorry if I am coming off being rude. I have ordered a few kits from rc America. Xb4 15, 16 and xb2. Now I order Xray parts from many online dealers, Amain, absolute, discount rc. However when I want to be one of the first people to receive an Xray kit or a new part, I can absolutely count on rc America to get me just what I want the quickest and I can count on them to provide me that service. Yes they are the only hobby shop I have to call but they are more then pleasant to talk to. Anyways I'm done.. I do suggest you at least give them a chance and dial them up.
suby723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 06:45 PM   #9936
Tech Champion

You totally missed the point. Brand loyalty clouds judgement imo. I don't feel he was attacking RC America. I do know what it's like to have to navigate on a less the user friendly site. He laid out all the steps he took. Try it yourself and if you experience the same thing then come apologize. This exact same thing went on in the Losi 3.0 thread and after Jason Synder did his review and experienced the same thing many of us experienced no one said a word to him. Calling is nice but if the website doesn't work then why have it??? I myself would go to the website rather than call.
Old 01-07-2016, 07:18 PM   #9937
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

What is a good starting point for medium/high bite carpet?

Kit setup, or should I start with another setup?
Old 01-07-2016, 07:25 PM   #9938
Tech Master
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

RC America is actually the XRAY distributer for North America, hence the reason for the no e-comm site. Actually dist. are to distribute product to authorized retails/dealers. Thus being so, a direct site would potential interfere with their clients sales.
Calling them is the best route and they really do provide great service.
Norse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 07:43 PM   #9939
Boz
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Would RC America except a posted, hand written order from me. lol