R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree52Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-01-2016, 01:12 PM   #9826
Tech Elite
 
gticlay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,037
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by randy0025 View Post
PLUS 1 on this. I was told the same thing. I bought the hexs and then went out and got the 22-4 wheels. now to find out they were not right.
You need the ones listed below that make the car 245mm width if you want to use the team setup sheets. Bent made this, not me so he gets credit for spending so much time doing this for us.

Width using 12mm wheel hexes and Xray 12mm wheels:
Front:
#365354 -0.75mm = 242mm
#365353 0mm = 243,5mm
#365355 +0.75mm (1 stripe) = 245mm
#365356 +1.5mm (2 stripe) = 246,5mm
#365357 +2.25mm (3 stripe) = 248mm
#365355 +3.00mm (4 stripe) = Not enough threads on axle to secure the wheel nut.

Rear:
#365353 0mm = 243mm
#365355 +0.75mm (1 stripe) = 245mm
#365356 +1.5mm (2 stripe) = 247mm
#365357 +2.25mm (3 stripe) = 249mm
#365355 +3.00mm (4 stripe) = 251mm




Link to BentKa Post:
Xray XB4 thread
__________________
Thanks to Lunsford, Proline, Schelle, Xray, RCAmerica, and SMC for your support.
gticlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 01:38 PM   #9827
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 320
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResultsRC View Post
that would be cool,id buy a few,have a couple xb4 cars and they both have had the same issue a few times,its a pita to switch them out. ive never broke a tower so they are deff not the weak link. with the reinforcement of the 16 on the back side and this type reinforcement on the front side,would be really bullet proof. when will you have it back?
Not sure when I'll get it back, we race every two weeks, so the next meeting I'll be at is on the 10th, I'll ask him then if he's made any then.
__________________
X-Factory UK / Carisma Racing/ Corally/ Vampire Racing /TEKIN/ AVID/ JConcepts / Lunsford / Exotek Racing / Hiro Seiko / RDRP / GRP Tyres/ Tuning Haus/ DMSPARTZ / McKune/ RCS Graphic Workz / WTF / DMS Racing / Model Junction
John Myall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 05:12 PM   #9828
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 254
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

ok thanks,let me know,
ResultsRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 05:14 PM   #9829
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 254
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

id try and make them outa carbon fiber if i could find some the right thickness,but id rather buy them from someone who has them already
ResultsRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 09:51 PM   #9830
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: PICTON N.SW. AUSTRALIA
Posts: 86
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

G,day from Australia ok have been reading up on Xrays and i,m sold have a 2014 and a 2015 second hand and alot of parts coming(every one seems to be selling up in Auzz).After a bit of a read on hear everybody seems to be heaps of help.That is a big positive to me and I couldnt help myself I bought a 2016 as well,dont tell the wife lol.Anyway could you possibly give me some insight into the 2016 build and anything I should know or look out for.
I am not new to rc builds have way to many rc buggies but I was looking for something new and exiting so hear i go wish me luck and thanks in advance.
Ps; Could you please help with my addiction.
buster44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 01:56 AM   #9831
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 320
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResultsRC View Post
id try and make them outa carbon fiber if i could find some the right thickness,but id rather buy them from someone who has them already
Don't quote me on this as I'm not 100% sure, but they may be carbon. Both of us have had bits made by a company over here called Fibrelyte, just send them the specs & they make it for you, my mate may be doing the same again this time.

I should know more in a week or so.
__________________
X-Factory UK / Carisma Racing/ Corally/ Vampire Racing /TEKIN/ AVID/ JConcepts / Lunsford / Exotek Racing / Hiro Seiko / RDRP / GRP Tyres/ Tuning Haus/ DMSPARTZ / McKune/ RCS Graphic Workz / WTF / DMS Racing / Model Junction
John Myall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 11:09 AM   #9832
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Lansing Mi
Posts: 503
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gticlay View Post
You need the ones listed below that make the car 245mm width if you want to use the team setup sheets. Bent made this, not me so he gets credit for spending so much time doing this for us.

Width using 12mm wheel hexes and Xray 12mm wheels:
Front:
#365354 -0.75mm = 242mm
#365353 0mm = 243,5mm
#365355 +0.75mm (1 stripe) = 245mm
#365356 +1.5mm (2 stripe) = 246,5mm
#365357 +2.25mm (3 stripe) = 248mm
#365355 +3.00mm (4 stripe) = Not enough threads on axle to secure the wheel nut.

Rear:
#365353 0mm = 243mm
#365355 +0.75mm (1 stripe) = 245mm
#365356 +1.5mm (2 stripe) = 247mm
#365357 +2.25mm (3 stripe) = 249mm
#365355 +3.00mm (4 stripe) = 251mm




Link to BentKa Post:
Xray XB4 thread
this info is all great if you are using xray hexs but I am not. I am using exotek hexs that they tell us to use on the very 1st page of this trend. My question is this, Is the 1st page right telling use that the exotek 5.5mm and 7mm with tlr wheels the right length? if so great because I bought them going on what they posted, if not right then remove that so people dont waste money getting the wrong stuff. If needed I guess Ill spend the money and get the xray ones but going by what was posted i went with the exotek. thanks
__________________
Kyosho Mp9E TKI3, Orion R8.1 with Orion 1900kv, Savox Tessman Edition
Losi 4.0E Orion r8.1 with Orion MR8 1750KV, Savox Tessman Edition
Xray Xb4 16spec Orion r10.1 with Orion 5.5t, Spectrum S6240
randy0025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 03:21 PM   #9833
Tech Elite
 
gticlay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,037
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by randy0025 View Post
this info is all great if you are using xray hexs but I am not. I am using exotek hexs that they tell us to use on the very 1st page of this trend. My question is this, Is the 1st page right telling use that the exotek 5.5mm and 7mm with tlr wheels the right length? if so great because I bought them going on what they posted, if not right then remove that so people dont waste money getting the wrong stuff. If needed I guess Ill spend the money and get the xray ones but going by what was posted i went with the exotek. thanks
Well, to be completely fair, they do say what X-ray to use first but your point is valid. I think I'd PM Kuruption and ask him to add that the Exotek seem to be 2mm wider than the recommended X-ray hexes. I understand your frustration and that's why I will, as an RcAmerica/X-ray racer will recommend you stick with X-ray parts whenever possible. You will get the best fit and race performance, in my opinion.
__________________
Thanks to Lunsford, Proline, Schelle, Xray, RCAmerica, and SMC for your support.
gticlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 03:25 PM   #9834
Tech Elite
 
kuruption's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Southeast PA
Posts: 2,118
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to kuruption
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gticlay View Post
Well, to be completely fair, they do say what X-ray to use first but your point is valid. I think I'd PM Kuruption and ask him to add that the Exotek seem to be 2mm wider than the recommended X-ray hexes. I understand your frustration and that's why I will, as an RcAmerica/X-ray racer will recommend you stick with X-ray parts whenever possible. You will get the best fit and race performance, in my opinion.
What I posted is what I gleamed from the the forums, so it could be wrong. For the record, I'm using the XRAY hexes... If the info is wrong, if someone has more accurate comparisons, I will certainly update.
kuruption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 03:30 PM   #9835
Tech Elite
 
gticlay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,037
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuruption View Post
What I posted is what I gleamed from the the forums, so it could be wrong. For the record, I'm using the XRAY hexes... If the info is wrong, if someone has more accurate comparisons, I will certainly update.
It appears that the Exotek give you a 2mm wider track width than the recommended X-ray hexes do in the 12mm conversion.
__________________
Thanks to Lunsford, Proline, Schelle, Xray, RCAmerica, and SMC for your support.
gticlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 04:14 PM   #9836
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Lansing Mi
Posts: 503
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gticlay View Post
Well, to be completely fair, they do say what X-ray to use first but your point is valid. I think I'd PM Kuruption and ask him to add that the Exotek seem to be 2mm wider than the recommended X-ray hexes. I understand your frustration and that's why I will, as an RcAmerica/X-ray racer will recommend you stick with X-ray parts whenever possible. You will get the best fit and race performance, in my opinion.
hope my post didnt come across as rude because I am not all that frustrated, just didnt want someone else to waste the money or even worse buy the exotec hexs and think they are the stock width. I also wanted to just make sure that the chart above is the same with tlr wheels as thats what I am using. I see it says xray wheels. does that mean i will use the same hex sizes above as i would with tlr wheels?? thanks for the info
__________________
Kyosho Mp9E TKI3, Orion R8.1 with Orion 1900kv, Savox Tessman Edition
Losi 4.0E Orion r8.1 with Orion MR8 1750KV, Savox Tessman Edition
Xray Xb4 16spec Orion r10.1 with Orion 5.5t, Spectrum S6240
randy0025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 04:29 PM   #9837
Tech Elite
 
gticlay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,037
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by randy0025 View Post
hope my post didnt come across as rude because I am not all that frustrated, just didnt want someone else to waste the money or even worse buy the exotec hexs and think they are the stock width. I also wanted to just make sure that the chart above is the same with tlr wheels as thats what I am using. I see it says xray wheels. does that mean i will use the same hex sizes above as i would with tlr wheels?? thanks for the info
I personally measured the TLR wheels because I have many, many sets of tires on them and yes, they were the same track width, fortunately. Ideally you would use the OEM wheels and all new tires, I am gluing to X-ray rims.
__________________
Thanks to Lunsford, Proline, Schelle, Xray, RCAmerica, and SMC for your support.
gticlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 04:33 PM   #9838
Tech Master
 
BentKa's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Norway
Posts: 1,359
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by randy0025 View Post
hope my post didnt come across as rude because I am not all that frustrated, just didnt want someone else to waste the money or even worse buy the exotec hexs and think they are the stock width. I also wanted to just make sure that the chart above is the same with tlr wheels as thats what I am using. I see it says xray wheels. does that mean i will use the same hex sizes above as i would with tlr wheels?? thanks for the info
Here's the entire post where it also explicitly says what is being measured, on what vehicle and with what settings.

These measurements are for Xray 12mm wheels using Xray 12mm hexes (all part numbers in the post).

If you want to use anything else based on these measurements that's entirely up to you though

If you have the Losi wheels, measure the offset and compare them to the Xray wheels (I don't have them as we use Xray wheels) and you will be able to determine by yourself if they will be the correct offset or not.

You have the widths for both the 12mm and 14mm Xray hexes and wheels in this post

Quote:
All measurement are done on the '16 XB4 using:
  • 20mm ride height (placed on Hudy 20mm droop blocks)
  • 3 degree toe-in in the rear
  • 1 degree toe-out in the front
  • Hinge pin inserts in the middle position front and rear.
  • Measured on the rear of the rear wheels (no tires)
  • Measured on the front of the front wheels (no tires)

Width using stock 14mm wheel hexes and Xray V2 14mm wheels:
  • Front: 245mm
  • Rear: 245mm

Width using 12mm wheel hexes and Xray 12mm wheels:
Front:
  • #365354 -0.75mm = 242mm
  • #365353 0mm = 243,5mm
  • #365355 +0.75mm (1 stripe) = 245mm
  • #365356 +1.5mm (2 stripe) = 246,5mm
  • #365357 +2.25mm (3 stripe) = 248mm
  • #365358 +3.00mm (4 stripe) = Not enough threads on axle to secure the wheel nut.

Rear:
  • #365353 0mm = 243mm
  • #365355 +0.75mm (1 stripe) = 245mm
  • #365356 +1.5mm (2 stripe) = 247mm
  • #365357 +2.25mm (3 stripe) = 249mm
  • #365358 +3.00mm (4 stripe) = 251mm



Bent
__________________
Xray XB4 | Xray XB2 | Xray XT2 | Xray XB8 | Xray XB8E | Xray T4 | Xray X12
Factory Team driver for:
XRAY | ORCA | JConcepts | Futaba | FX-Engines | Hudy | G-Force | Maxima Fuel
Hiro Seiko | DubiDesign | Maugrafix | YeahRacing | rcMart | LapMonitor | IB Prostart
Follow Malin on Facebook for race reports and setup tips

Last edited by BentKa; 01-02-2016 at 06:11 PM.
BentKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 05:50 PM   #9839
Tech Elite
 
kuruption's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Southeast PA
Posts: 2,118
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to kuruption
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentKa View Post
Here's the entire post where it also explicitly says what is being measured, on what vehicle and with what settings.

These measurements are for Xray 12mm wheels using Xray 12mm hexes (all part numbers in the post).

If you want to use anything else based on these measurements that's entirely up to you though

If you have the Losi wheels, measure the offset and compare them to the Xray wheels (I don't have them as we use Xray wheels) and you will be able to determine by yourself if they will be the correct offset or not.

You have the widths for both the 12mm and 14mm Xray hexes and wheels in this post



Bent
Hey Bent,

When you get a minute, could you measure the overall width of the various XRAY hexes? Then it would be easier for everyone to make a direct comparison of XRAY vs EXOTEK widths.
__________________
Ray Sundland
Eat. Sleep. Race. Repeat.
"Feel not as though it is a sphere we live on, rather an infinite plane which has the illusion of leading yourself back to a point of origin."
kuruption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 06:00 PM   #9840
Tech Master
 
BentKa's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Norway
Posts: 1,359
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuruption View Post
Hey Bent,

When you get a minute, could you measure the overall width of the various XRAY hexes? Then it would be easier for everyone to make a direct comparison of XRAY vs EXOTEK widths.
Already done that……it's on page 1 of the Xray XB2 thread……post #2 :

Quote:
BentKa:

Wheels:

The Xray XB2 comes with 12mm wheel hexes for use with the new softer Xray 12mm hex wheels (1 set included in kit).

The new 12mm hex wheels offer more traction and better bump absorption.

Here are some measurements of both stock included hexes and the optional hexes:

#365354 -0.75mm (2pcs) = 3.8mm
#365353 0mm (2pcs) = 4.6mm (XB2 stock front)(same width as standard 14mm wheel hexes)
#365355 +0.75mm (1 stripe)(2pcs) = 5.3mm
#365356 +1.5mm (2 stripe)(2pcs) = 6.1mm
#365357 +2.25mm (3 stripe)(2pcs) = 6.8mm (XB2 stock rear)
#365358 +3.00mm (4 stripe)(2pcs) = 7.6mm
#365359 +3.75mm (5 stripe)(2pcs) = 8.4mm

The small inner flange that goes towards the bearing are not included in the measurements .
This flange adds 0.3mm on all the above numbers.


Bent
Bent
__________________
Xray XB4 | Xray XB2 | Xray XT2 | Xray XB8 | Xray XB8E | Xray T4 | Xray X12
Factory Team driver for:
XRAY | ORCA | JConcepts | Futaba | FX-Engines | Hudy | G-Force | Maxima Fuel
Hiro Seiko | DubiDesign | Maugrafix | YeahRacing | rcMart | LapMonitor | IB Prostart
Follow Malin on Facebook for race reports and setup tips
BentKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
EP buggies thread sim600 Malaysian R/C Racers 3586 03-31-2016 12:53 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:53 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net