R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree54Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-22-2015, 01:09 PM   #9691
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Mechanicville, NY
Posts: 141
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentKa View Post
After installing the spur gear itself onto the shaft, mount the slipper pad (#2), alu. plate (#3) and then the pin (#1) before assembling the rest



Bent
Thank you. That was the only way I could figure it would work but wanted to be sure. Thank you
mconway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 03:49 PM   #9692
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 1,257
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Hi felas need your help how to prevent nose dive. Front oil 37.5 and rear oil 32.2 medium jump.
raved007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 04:41 PM   #9693
Tech Adept
 
RC America's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 168
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by randy0025 View Post
yes i have read page in the book like 10 tens and i still dont understand it.
I guess where I get lost is if for example, if you get the inserts that have the dots in the middle but toward the inside it say -1.5 track, well what would the Anti Squat and Roll Center and Toe In? sorry if this is a really dumb question i am normally good at this stuff but just dont get there system. thank
Hi Randy, I tried to provide some clarification about the system to another racer on the XRAY forum a while ago. I don't know if it helped as I didn't hear back from him, but hopefully it might clarify any confusion you are having. You can find the post here: XRAY Forum

The original posting was in regards to an earlier version of the buggy, but the concept is the same on any of the XRAY vehicles using the same eccentric system (T4, XB8, XB4, XB2). The key to remember is that roll center and track width are dependent on the "absolute" position of the hinge pin; meaning if you move the pin in/out or up/down, those settings change. The toe or antisquat/kickup are based on the relative position of the front and rear inserts as it is the angle of the pin the alters these adjustment, not the location.

If that doesn't help (or maybe makes it worse!) feel free to call us at the shop and I will be happy to help.

- Bryan
RC America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 09:22 PM   #9694
Tech Elite
 
kuruption's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Southeast PA
Posts: 2,118
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to kuruption
Default

Re: twitchiness

This past weekend, I ran into this issue on medium-bite clay in the A-main, so I went for some practice tonight to see if I could ease some of it out of the car, here's the things I did:

1) Remove some multi-flex screws
2) Ackermann to the forward position
3) Back to the 9* caster blocks from the 12*
4) Layed down the front shocks all the way (inner hole tower, outer hole arms).

I often overlook the multi-flex stuff, but it made a huge change in the way the car handled and really toned down the twitchiness of the car. However, it did not affect the low speed steering of the car in a layout with a bunch of 180s, the car was very stable but didn't push at all.

I'm not convinced about the 12* blocks on clay, the steering coming out is noticeable, but can be too much sometimes (layout has a lot of 180's, so you would think it would be beneficial). I'll keep them around in case I run some carpet.

I would like to try thicker fluid in the front and rear diffs too, just didn't have enough time. Changing diff fluids is a PITA though to do on race day, I really wanted to focus on things that can be easily changed between heats.
__________________
Ray Sundland
Eat. Sleep. Race. Repeat.
"Feel not as though it is a sphere we live on, rather an infinite plane which has the illusion of leading yourself back to a point of origin."
kuruption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 10:36 PM   #9695
Tech Regular
 
likea45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 439
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuruption View Post
Re: twitchiness

This past weekend, I ran into this issue on medium-bite clay in the A-main, so I went for some practice tonight to see if I could ease some of it out of the car, here's the things I did:

1) Remove some multi-flex screws
2) Ackermann to the forward position
3) Back to the 9* caster blocks from the 12*
4) Layed down the front shocks all the way (inner hole tower, outer hole arms).

I often overlook the multi-flex stuff, but it made a huge change in the way the car handled and really toned down the twitchiness of the car. However, it did not affect the low speed steering of the car in a layout with a bunch of 180s, the car was very stable but didn't push at all.

I'm not convinced about the 12* blocks on clay, the steering coming out is noticeable, but can be too much sometimes (layout has a lot of 180's, so you would think it would be beneficial). I'll keep them around in case I run some carpet.

I would like to try thicker fluid in the front and rear diffs too, just didn't have enough time. Changing diff fluids is a PITA though to do on race day, I really wanted to focus on things that can be easily changed between heats.
Which flex screw positions did you remove?
__________________
Current Rides: Kyosho ZX6 - Kyosho RB6 - Kyosho RT6 - Kyosho SC6.
likea45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 01:59 AM   #9696
Tech Master
 
BentKa's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Norway
Posts: 1,359
Default

More options for your XB4 and XB2:

Quote:
New Composite 3-Pad Slipper Clutch Spur Gears

• Exclusive secret blend of composite material
• Precision-molded
• Extra-strong
• Lightweight
• Stamped for easy identification

Precision-molded spur gears for 3-Pad Slipper Clutch, made from XRAY's exclusive secret blend of composite material, allowing the gear to run yet be robust enough to handle high performance brushless motors.
The spur gear is designed to have the lowest possible weight while staying strong and light.
Each gear is stamped with the tooth number for easy identification.

Fit: XB4'15, XB4'16 and XB2.

http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/new...720f83a5c45949

Bent
__________________
Xray XB4 | Xray XB2 | Xray XT2 | Xray XB8 | Xray XB8E | Xray T4 | Xray X12
Factory Team driver for:
XRAY | ORCA | JConcepts | Futaba | FX-Engines | Hudy | G-Force | Maxima Fuel
Hiro Seiko | DubiDesign | Maugrafix | YeahRacing | rcMart | LapMonitor | IB Prostart
Follow Malin on Facebook for race reports and setup tips

Last edited by BentKa; 12-23-2015 at 02:11 AM.
BentKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 06:24 AM   #9697
Tech Elite
 
kuruption's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Southeast PA
Posts: 2,118
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to kuruption
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by likea45 View Post
Which flex screw positions did you remove?
Middle of the front brace, and two in the middle of the rear brace.
__________________
Ray Sundland
Eat. Sleep. Race. Repeat.
"Feel not as though it is a sphere we live on, rather an infinite plane which has the illusion of leading yourself back to a point of origin."
kuruption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 10:39 AM   #9698
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Lansing Mi
Posts: 503
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaricopaAgent View Post
So, on the rear,
if both dots front and rear are inside, they narrow the track width.
If the front is inside and the rear is center, it adds toe


Now, if you have the width/toe set in mind.

the front rear hanger's are Up(higher than the rear), that will add Anti Squat.

Now, the overall pin height will change roll center.

there are many configurations, start with the book setup and change from there.
thank you for explaining it out like that. it makes sence now the way u said it. I could figure something of it but not all.
randy0025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 10:45 AM   #9699
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Lansing Mi
Posts: 503
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC America View Post
Hi Randy, I tried to provide some clarification about the system to another racer on the XRAY forum a while ago. I don't know if it helped as I didn't hear back from him, but hopefully it might clarify any confusion you are having. You can find the post here: XRAY Forum

The original posting was in regards to an earlier version of the buggy, but the concept is the same on any of the XRAY vehicles using the same eccentric system (T4, XB8, XB4, XB2). The key to remember is that roll center and track width are dependent on the "absolute" position of the hinge pin; meaning if you move the pin in/out or up/down, those settings change. The toe or antisquat/kickup are based on the relative position of the front and rear inserts as it is the angle of the pin the alters these adjustment, not the location.

If that doesn't help (or maybe makes it worse!) feel free to call us at the shop and I will be happy to help.

- Bryan
thanks bryan. both post have helped alot. also wanted to wish everyone at rc America a happy holiday as well as everyone else here on the tread
randy0025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 11:24 PM   #9700
Regional Moderator
 
RobsRacin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: CT
Posts: 878
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Finally got to run my car for the first time today, all I can say is its the most confidence inspiring car ive ever driven. It is just silky smooth everywhere. I ended up running about 10 batteries through it today, and it was awesome early this morning when the track was dusty. As the day went on the car got more and more loose and I blame it solely on my bad tire selection. My only gripe with the car and its box stock setup is that it seems a little twitchy, I am going to try and leave the front end alone and get the rear end locked in as having a ton of steering is great for these cars. Needless to say, an XB2 dirt edition has been pre-ordered
RobsRacin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 05:23 PM   #9701
Tech Master
 
Slapjack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,063
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

I need a little advise on a couple things.
1. For the stock '15 wheels with 14mm hexes what size are the wheels? Are they 2.2's or 60mm (2.4)?
2. What tires would be good for medium/low grip clay other than dirt webs? Something I can order off amain preferably.
3. What tires would I run in outdoor loose dirt tracks?
4. I can not seem to find a '15 body in stock. Will the '16 body fit? I know someone said before the 15 body fits on the 16 so I would assume the 16 will fit on the 15. I know the 16 is just a couple mm wider but that shouldn't be a problem right?
5. If I get the 12mm conversion which offset size do I get for front and rear to maintain the same track widths?
__________________
Tekno Eb48.3, EB48.2, Tekno ET48, X-Ray XB4'14, '15 & '16, X-Ray XB2 CE, X-Ray T4'15, Hot Bodies D413, Serpent SRX-2, Axial Wraith (full custom Mattzilla Build), Blade 180QXHD

Last edited by Slapjack; 12-24-2015 at 09:17 PM.
Slapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 10:13 PM   #9702
Tech Regular
 
likea45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 439
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapjack View Post
I need a little advise on a couple things.
1. For the stock '15 wheels with 14mm hexes what size are the wheels? Are they 2.2's or 60mm (2.4)?
2. What tires would be good for medium/low grip clay other than dirt webs? Something I can order off amain preferably.
3. What tires would I run in outdoor loose dirt tracks?
4. I can not seem to find a '15 body in stock. Will the '16 body fit? I know someone said before the 15 body fits on the 16 so I would assume the 16 will fit on the 15. I know the 16 is just a couple mm wider but that shouldn't be a problem right?
5. If I get the 12mm conversion which offset size do I get for front and rear to maintain the same track widths?
I can answer some of these.
1. I believe they are 2.2 wheels both now and on the 15 car.
2. My local track is this type of surface and Panther rattlers in super soft on the rear and Panther bobcats work well. If it grooves up, chain links and gold Dirtwebs can work as well as electrons.
3. Outdoor I swear by holeshots. Calibers for practice with the arrows facing forward.
4. Try discountrcstore.com for stock 15 body.
5. Never did this.
__________________
Current Rides: Kyosho ZX6 - Kyosho RB6 - Kyosho RT6 - Kyosho SC6.
likea45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 10:48 PM   #9703
Tech Master
 
Slapjack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,063
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by likea45 View Post
I can answer some of these.
1. I believe they are 2.2 wheels both now and on the 15 car.
2. My local track is this type of surface and Panther rattlers in super soft on the rear and Panther bobcats work well. If it grooves up, chain links and gold Dirtwebs can work as well as electrons.
3. Outdoor I swear by holeshots. Calibers for practice with the arrows facing forward.
4. Try discountrcstore.com for stock 15 body.
5. Never did this.
Thanks for the reply. If anyone knows about the 12mm conversion let me know plz.
__________________
Tekno Eb48.3, EB48.2, Tekno ET48, X-Ray XB4'14, '15 & '16, X-Ray XB2 CE, X-Ray T4'15, Hot Bodies D413, Serpent SRX-2, Axial Wraith (full custom Mattzilla Build), Blade 180QXHD
Slapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2015, 01:50 AM   #9704
Tech Master
 
BentKa's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Norway
Posts: 1,359
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentKa View Post
Took the time out of my day to measure the different track widths using the new Xray 12mm hex wheels with the Xray 12mm wheel hexes.

All measurement are done on the '16 XB4 using:
  • 20mm ride height (placed on Hudy 20mm droop blocks)
  • 3 degree toe-in in the rear
  • 1 degree toe-out in the front
  • Hinge pin inserts in the middle position front and rear.
  • Measured on the rear of the rear wheels (no tires)
  • Measured on the front of the front wheels (no tires)

Width using stock 14mm wheel hexes and Xray V2 14mm wheels:
  • Front: 245mm
  • Rear: 245mm

Width using 12mm wheel hexes and Xray 12mm wheels:
Front:
  • #365354 -0.75mm = 242mm
  • #365353 0mm = 243,5mm
  • #365355 +0.75mm (1 stripe) = 245mm
  • #365356 +1.5mm (2 stripe) = 246,5mm
  • #365357 +2.25mm (3 stripe) = 248mm
  • #365355 +3.00mm (4 stripe) = Not enough threads on axle to secure the wheel nut.

Rear:
  • #365353 0mm = 243mm
  • #365355 +0.75mm (1 stripe) = 245mm
  • #365356 +1.5mm (2 stripe) = 247mm
  • #365357 +2.25mm (3 stripe) = 249mm
  • #365355 +3.00mm (4 stripe) = 251mm






Bent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapjack View Post
Thanks for the reply. If anyone knows about the 12mm conversion let me know plz.
Here you go.

Post 9212:

Xray XB4 thread

And the '16 body fits the '15 just fine and adds a bit of stability as well with the new design

Bent
__________________
Xray XB4 | Xray XB2 | Xray XT2 | Xray XB8 | Xray XB8E | Xray T4 | Xray X12
Factory Team driver for:
XRAY | ORCA | JConcepts | Futaba | FX-Engines | Hudy | G-Force | Maxima Fuel
Hiro Seiko | DubiDesign | Maugrafix | YeahRacing | rcMart | LapMonitor | IB Prostart
Follow Malin on Facebook for race reports and setup tips
BentKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2015, 03:22 PM   #9705
Tech Master
 
Slapjack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,063
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentKa View Post
Here you go.

Post 9212:

Xray XB4 thread

And the '16 body fits the '15 just fine and adds a bit of stability as well with the new design

Bent
Thank you bentka... So it looks like I would want the +.75 12mm hexes (front and rear) to stay at same widths. Do you know what other brand 12mm wheels will fit and also with the xray 12mm wheels are those new ones 2.2's like the original wheels or are they now 2.4 (60/61mm)?
Also just wanted to verify that part no. 369703 is the body with the fin piece in the back (if you know what I'm referring to). Thanks again for your help.
__________________
Tekno Eb48.3, EB48.2, Tekno ET48, X-Ray XB4'14, '15 & '16, X-Ray XB2 CE, X-Ray T4'15, Hot Bodies D413, Serpent SRX-2, Axial Wraith (full custom Mattzilla Build), Blade 180QXHD
Slapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
EP buggies thread sim600 Malaysian R/C Racers 3586 03-31-2016 12:53 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (1 members and 1 guests)
ThelanderJ
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:01 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net