R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree37Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-17-2015, 07:22 AM   #9631
Tech Master
 
BentKa's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Norway
Posts: 1,348
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobsRacin View Post
Im thinking it has to be the pinion, its the only thing I havnt checked so far. Everything is seated properly and the flange is in fact away from the motor. I will investigate tonight with a different pinion. My ZX6 seemed to get louder and louder the more I ran it, im thinking I may have had a mesh issue on that as well and neglected it. I will report back this evening
We always start with a fresh pinion when changing to a new spur if it shows signs of wear

Bent
__________________
Xray XB4 | Xray XB2 | Xray XT2 | Xray XB8 | Xray XB8E | Xray T4 | Xray X12
Factory Team driver for:
XRAY | ORCA | JConcepts | FX-Engines | Hudy | G-Force | Maxima Fuel | Hiro Seiko
DubiDesign | Maugrafix | YeahRacing | rcMart | IB Prostart
Follow Malin on Facebook for race reports and setup tips
BentKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 07:46 AM   #9632
Tech Elite
 
1evo RRR Driver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,338
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to 1evo RRR Driver
Default

Fellas quick question.......has anyone ran a 16' front bulkhead on a 15'? I kno it can be done But I was told you may need the 16' front tower! But after close inspection the bolt patterns are exactly the same! Has anyone done this?
Attached Thumbnails
Xray XB4 thread-image.jpg  
__________________
"He's CHEATIN! cause Im CHEATIN! and He beat ME!" :) "TKI4 PILOT" /XRAY NT1 16' /FUSION X3LCFM / M2c / PROTEK / FUTABA 4PX / SAMURAI
1evo RRR Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 07:54 AM   #9633
Tech Elite
 
1evo RRR Driver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,338
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to 1evo RRR Driver
Default

15' tower
Attached Thumbnails
Xray XB4 thread-image.jpg  
__________________
"He's CHEATIN! cause Im CHEATIN! and He beat ME!" :) "TKI4 PILOT" /XRAY NT1 16' /FUSION X3LCFM / M2c / PROTEK / FUTABA 4PX / SAMURAI
1evo RRR Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 08:15 AM   #9634
Tech Master
 
BentKa's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Norway
Posts: 1,348
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1evo RRR Driver View Post
Fellas quick question.......has anyone ran a 16' front bulkhead on a 15'? I kno it can be done But I was told you may need the 16' front tower! But after close inspection the bolt patterns are exactly the same! Has anyone done this?
Yes the '16 front bulkhead is a direct fit.

On the rear bulkhead however you will have to clearance the tower to make room for the reinforcements on the bulkhead.

Here you have the '15 and '16 front bulkheads together:



Bent
__________________
Xray XB4 | Xray XB2 | Xray XT2 | Xray XB8 | Xray XB8E | Xray T4 | Xray X12
Factory Team driver for:
XRAY | ORCA | JConcepts | FX-Engines | Hudy | G-Force | Maxima Fuel | Hiro Seiko
DubiDesign | Maugrafix | YeahRacing | rcMart | IB Prostart
Follow Malin on Facebook for race reports and setup tips
BentKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 01:25 PM   #9635
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 38
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentKa View Post
Here you go……..post #9212

Xray XB4 thread

Bent
Legend.

Thanks Bent.
OliOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 02:13 PM   #9636
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 38
Default

One more question Bent,

Do you ever use uncut 2wd front wheels on your xb4 instead of the std 4wd fronts?
OliOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 03:48 PM   #9637
Tech Elite
 
1evo RRR Driver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,338
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to 1evo RRR Driver
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentKa View Post
Yes the '16 front bulkhead is a direct fit.

On the rear bulkhead however you will have to clearance the tower to make room for the reinforcements on the bulkhead.

Here you have the '15 and '16 front bulkheads together:



Bent
Thanks.....
__________________
"He's CHEATIN! cause Im CHEATIN! and He beat ME!" :) "TKI4 PILOT" /XRAY NT1 16' /FUSION X3LCFM / M2c / PROTEK / FUTABA 4PX / SAMURAI
1evo RRR Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 08:17 PM   #9638
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Southwest Missouri
Posts: 116
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

I know there is a huge wealth of knowledge here. I have an '14 that I am running on high bite carpet. I inherited the car from my brother, (mine to run as long as I wish). Im looking for some starting set ups. We run foam tires. Pretty tight corners on a small track. But there's a few bigger jumps. I have way to much motor at the moment but have just turned the expo down on my radio. I know very little about this car at the moment, only ran it a couple times. Some basic set ups that some one has ran on carpet would be wonderful. Thanks guys
racesanything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 11:30 PM   #9639
Tech Master
 
BentKa's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Norway
Posts: 1,348
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliOC View Post
One more question Bent,

Do you ever use uncut 2wd front wheels on your xb4 instead of the std 4wd fronts?
No we don't.

We run the 12mm Xray hex wheels for both 2WD and 4WD

Bent
__________________
Xray XB4 | Xray XB2 | Xray XT2 | Xray XB8 | Xray XB8E | Xray T4 | Xray X12
Factory Team driver for:
XRAY | ORCA | JConcepts | FX-Engines | Hudy | G-Force | Maxima Fuel | Hiro Seiko
DubiDesign | Maugrafix | YeahRacing | rcMart | IB Prostart
Follow Malin on Facebook for race reports and setup tips
BentKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 11:34 PM   #9640
Tech Master
 
BentKa's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Norway
Posts: 1,348
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by racesanything View Post
I know there is a huge wealth of knowledge here. I have an '14 that I am running on high bite carpet. I inherited the car from my brother, (mine to run as long as I wish). Im looking for some starting set ups. We run foam tires. Pretty tight corners on a small track. But there's a few bigger jumps. I have way to much motor at the moment but have just turned the expo down on my radio. I know very little about this car at the moment, only ran it a couple times. Some basic set ups that some one has ran on carpet would be wonderful. Thanks guys
This is a good start setup for high bite carpet for the '14 XB4

http://forum.teamxray.com/xform/inde...setup=xb4_2014

Bent
__________________
Xray XB4 | Xray XB2 | Xray XT2 | Xray XB8 | Xray XB8E | Xray T4 | Xray X12
Factory Team driver for:
XRAY | ORCA | JConcepts | FX-Engines | Hudy | G-Force | Maxima Fuel | Hiro Seiko
DubiDesign | Maugrafix | YeahRacing | rcMart | IB Prostart
Follow Malin on Facebook for race reports and setup tips

Last edited by BentKa; 12-17-2015 at 11:45 PM.
BentKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 05:21 AM   #9641
Tech Master
 
BDRMBULLY's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: toronto CANADA
Posts: 1,490
Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliOC View Post
One more question Bent,

Do you ever use uncut 2wd front wheels on your xb4 instead of the std 4wd fronts?
On carpet guys run Dboots fronts on their 4wd i think they were called nano bytes they look like a schumacher front staggered tire. They smoothen out the steering making the car less twitchy and last twice as long as a front mini pin
Cheers ?;@)
__________________
SCTE, DESC 410, XRAY XB4, MBX6 ECO
I hate feeling bad about feeling good about that!
Hand D Flooring
BDRMBULLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 07:12 PM   #9642
Tech Regular
 
blwaz23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 270
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentKa View Post
This is a good start setup for high bite carpet for the '14 XB4

http://forum.teamxray.com/xform/inde...setup=xb4_2014

Bent
What do you recommend for front and rear shock stroke?
blwaz23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 09:24 PM   #9643
Tech Master
 
Slapjack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,056
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

I currently have a 2014 xb4 and a serpent srx2. Wondering what ppl would do in my position. I can't decide if I want to sell my xb4 and get a xb4'16 and keep the serpent or keep my xb4'14 and sell the serpent and get a xb2.
Does the xb4'16 allow use of saddle packs or is it not adjustable like that the way the xb4'15 was.
Also if anyone knows of someone with a unassembled xb4'15 let me know I would probably buy it. Just not sure I want to get the '16 but I deff want a new kit that I can assemble. I bought my last one used and I haven't assembled an xray buggy yet and I'd really like to this time
__________________
Tekno Eb48.3, EB48.2, Tekno ET48, X-Ray XB4'14, '15 & '16, X-Ray XB2 CE, X-Ray T4'15, Hot Bodies D413, Serpent SRX-2, Axial Wraith (full custom Mattzilla Build), Blade 180QXHD
Slapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 09:57 PM   #9644
Tech Regular
 
likea45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 439
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapjack View Post
I currently have a 2014 xb4 and a serpent srx2. Wondering what ppl would do in my position. I can't decide if I want to sell my xb4 and get a xb4'16 and keep the serpent or keep my xb4'14 and sell the serpent and get a xb2.
Does the xb4'16 allow use of saddle packs or is it not adjustable like that the way the xb4'15 was.
Also if anyone knows of someone with a unassembled xb4'15 let me know I would probably buy it. Just not sure I want to get the '16 but I deff want a new kit that I can assemble. I bought my last one used and I haven't assembled an xray buggy yet and I'd really like to this time
The 2016 car is shorty only. 2015 car was the adjustable model for shorty and saddles both.
__________________
Current Rides: Kyosho ZX6 - Kyosho RB6 - Kyosho RT6 - Kyosho SC6.
likea45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 10:33 PM   #9645
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Antelope Valley, CA
Posts: 4,732
Trader Rating: 478 (100%+)
Default

Just got done running my xb4 2016 for the first time. We just finished building it. We we're really concerned that the car wouldn't work on our med-low traction wet bluegroove, especially since its in the 30s. We built it per the kit specs but went lower on the oils in the diffs and shocks. All I can say is wow!! The car is incredible!!! I cannot believe how good it turns and how smooth it is. I also bought a D413 but I'm not sure that I even want to bother at this point.

The build wasn't spectacular and it really didn't seem special but after building, setting caster, camber, and ride height the car was dialed. I'm not running anything special. Hobbywing 3.1 speedo, rsx servo and a regular old d4 13.5 Maxzilla. I might have to pick up an xb2 as well.
__________________
Now that I've discovered the ignore list I plan to use it.....14 and counting!
QDRHRSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
EP buggies thread sim600 Malaysian R/C Racers 3586 03-30-2016 11:53 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:07 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net