R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree36Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-30-2015, 05:30 PM   #9511
Tech Elite
 
kuruption's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Southeast PA
Posts: 2,119
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to kuruption
Default

Hard to tell from the video, but your car looks to be pushing going into the corner. Is that the case?
__________________
Ray Sundland
Eat. Sleep. Race. Repeat.
"Feel not as though it is a sphere we live on, rather an infinite plane which has the illusion of leading yourself back to a point of origin."
kuruption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 05:32 PM   #9512
Tech Elite
 
symmetricon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: houston
Posts: 4,641
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by raved007 View Post
I have this video as you can see in a curve area section.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0idR1FsxFqY
If I were you and we're looking for more steering the first thing I'd do is shorten the rear camber link if you haven't done that already. If that's not enough I'd narrow the front track width moving the dot inward. and move the hinge pins to the bottom position. The +1 inside bottom corner for max front end grip. If that's not enough move the rear hinge pin up, this will keep the rear flatter and give you more steering also...
__________________
XRAY / RCAMERICA
JCONCEPTS
RCSHOX
Mikes Hobby Shop
symmetricon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 05:45 PM   #9513
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 1,220
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by symmetricon View Post
If I were you and we're looking for more steering the first thing I'd do is shorten the rear camber link if you haven't done that already. If that's not enough I'd narrow the front track width moving the dot inward. and move the hinge pins to the bottom position. The +1 inside bottom corner for max front end grip. If that's not enough move the rear hinge pin up, this will keep the rear flatter and give you more steering also...
Thanks i will do that and i'll give a feedback.
raved007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 05:49 PM   #9514
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 1,220
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuruption View Post
Hard to tell from the video, but your car looks to be pushing going into the corner. Is that the case?
That's right i need to slower in curve are section.
raved007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 06:47 AM   #9515
Tech Master
 
Slapjack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,051
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

What is the internal drive ratio of the 2014 XB4? I am trying to figure out FDR.
Also how do I determine what the FDR should be for different turn motors? My 17.5 Trinity came with a manual that says for 1/10 buggy to be between 5.5-6.5 but I also have a 8.5T and 6.5T tekin and LRP and not sure what the FDR should be for those.
__________________
Tekno Eb48.3, EB48.2, Tekno ET48, X-Ray XB4'14, '15 & '16, X-Ray XB2 CE, X-Ray T4'15, Hot Bodies D413, Serpent SRX-2, Axial Wraith (full custom Mattzilla Build), Blade 180QXHD
Slapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 07:32 AM   #9516
Tech Master
 
BentKa's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Norway
Posts: 1,348
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapjack View Post
What is the internal drive ratio of the 2014 XB4? I am trying to figure out FDR.
Also how do I determine what the FDR should be for different turn motors? My 17.5 Trinity came with a manual that says for 1/10 buggy to be between 5.5-6.5 but I also have a 8.5T and 6.5T tekin and LRP and not sure what the FDR should be for those.
On the Xray site you will find all the specifications for each model under "Specs".

For the XB4 you can find it here (specs for gearing have been the same since 2013):

http://www.teamxray.com/xb4/2016/specs/



Bent
BentKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 08:31 AM   #9517
Tech Master
 
Slapjack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,051
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentKa View Post
On the Xray site you will find all the specifications for each model under "Specs".

For the XB4 you can find it here (specs for gearing have been the same since 2013):

http://www.teamxray.com/xb4/2016/specs/



Bent
So 1:2.5... does that mean when I calculate the FDR I do (spur/pinion) x2.5=FDR?
__________________
Tekno Eb48.3, EB48.2, Tekno ET48, X-Ray XB4'14, '15 & '16, X-Ray XB2 CE, X-Ray T4'15, Hot Bodies D413, Serpent SRX-2, Axial Wraith (full custom Mattzilla Build), Blade 180QXHD
Slapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 09:13 AM   #9518
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,140
Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapjack View Post
So 1:2.5... does that mean when I calculate the FDR I do (spur/pinion) x2.5=FDR?

Yes
Chris Furman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 09:50 AM   #9519
Tech Elite
 
gticlay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,037
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapjack View Post
So 1:2.5... does that mean when I calculate the FDR I do (spur/pinion) x2.5=FDR?
Yes, we had a little discussion about the car and 13.5 motors a short while back. Xray XB4 thread
__________________
Thanks to Lunsford, Proline, Schelle, Xray, RCAmerica, and SMC for your support.
gticlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 12:05 AM   #9520
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 86
Default

Has anyone run a XB4 '16 as a 2wd on carpet? Experiences?
AntH3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 08:44 AM   #9521
Tech Elite
 
1evo RRR Driver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,338
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to 1evo RRR Driver
Default

Fellas quick question.......im new to xb4. I purchased a 15' n wanted to know if it's possible to use a few of the updated parts from the16' mostly interested in the stronger front diff case n front arms! If its possible will i need to also use the 16' front tower?? Thanks
__________________
"He's CHEATIN! cause Im CHEATIN! and He beat ME!" :) "TKI4 PILOT" /XRAY NT1 16' /FUSION X3LCFM / M2c / PROTEK / FUTABA 4PX / SAMURAI
1evo RRR Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 10:10 AM   #9522
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,052
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1evo RRR Driver View Post
Fellas quick question.......im new to xb4. I purchased a 15' n wanted to know if it's possible to use a few of the updated parts from the16' mostly interested in the stronger front diff case n front arms! If its possible will i need to also use the 16' front tower?? Thanks
Yes the cases will work but yes you will either need to get a '16 front shock tower or do some dremeling to the '15 tower.

Also, the '16 tower geometry is a little different.
__________________
Leon McIntosh
PRO-LINE--XRAY--RCAmerica--FX Engines--NitroPro Fuel--Kustom R/C Graphics--Schelle Racing

******* DialedSetups.com ****** Check it out!!!!!
punkracer24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 10:44 AM   #9523
Tech Elite
 
1evo RRR Driver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,338
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to 1evo RRR Driver
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkracer24 View Post
Yes the cases will work but yes you will either need to get a '16 front shock tower or do some dremeling to the '15 tower.

Also, the '16 tower geometry is a little different.
Thanks......
__________________
"He's CHEATIN! cause Im CHEATIN! and He beat ME!" :) "TKI4 PILOT" /XRAY NT1 16' /FUSION X3LCFM / M2c / PROTEK / FUTABA 4PX / SAMURAI
1evo RRR Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 05:23 PM   #9524
Tech Rookie
 
Spork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 10
Questions??

I recently completed the build on a 2016, and plan to run 13.5. However, with the stock spur, the largest pinion I can fit is a 26. I'd like to try a 29. Any idea what I might be doing wrong, or did wrong in the build?

Thanks
__________________
22SCT, TLR22, XXX-SCT
Spork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 05:23 PM   #9525
Tech Elite
 
kuruption's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Southeast PA
Posts: 2,119
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to kuruption
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spork View Post
I recently completed the build on a 2016, and plan to run 13.5. However, with the stock spur, the largest pinion I can fit is a 26. I'd like to try a 29. Any idea what I might be doing wrong, or did wrong in the build?

Thanks
Xray sells smaller spur gears that should help you out...
__________________
Ray Sundland
Eat. Sleep. Race. Repeat.
"Feel not as though it is a sphere we live on, rather an infinite plane which has the illusion of leading yourself back to a point of origin."
kuruption is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
EP buggies thread sim600 Malaysian R/C Racers 3586 03-30-2016 11:53 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:51 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net